“Totally unexpected Gem!!! Definitely the best kept secret -almost afraid to share it!”

Clarion Inn Willow River
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This hotel was one of the best hotel experiences that I have ever had. I had originally booked a hotel in Downtown Gatlinburg until someone told me about this hotel. So, I changed at the last minute..and boy and I glad that I did. The hotel was beautiful, extremely clean, beds were sooo comfortable, staff was extremely friendly, breakfast was great, and the decor...how awesome!! I felt like Scarlet O'Hara!! I went to visit Gatlinburg and see shows in Pigeon Forge and couldn't stop taking pictures of the Hotel!! It was beautifully decorated for the Fall. It is not close to all the hustle and bustle and I thought that would be a problem..but the drive was worth it as well as the peace and quiet!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and cannot wait until we return...we are definitely staying there again!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank LoriJeanne1

Reviewed October 18, 2010

We had a great stay again as usual. We got a great price deal by going online through pricline. normally the hotel is a little pricey, but we still enjoy it. The contential breakfast is a great added touch and they have a 24 hr> indoor pool and hot tub. The rooms were very clean and spacious. We will stay there agin.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Clarion Inn Willow River!! Breakfast on the outdoor balcony was wonderful! Everything looked so elegant and what nice amenities for such an affordable rate for families!! Looking forward to returning for another visit!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We arrived late on a Wednesday ideally needing 4 rooms, but 2 with the appropriate number of beds would work. As luck would have it, there were only 2 rooms available. My husband and I being the only couple spent the night in what we called the Honeymoon Suite complete with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub -- and bathrobes!! We first checked the room for bedbugs - our newfound "hobby" - and finding no evidence in this very clean and quiet hotel we enjoyed our evening and a good night's sleep in the comfy King bed. Breakfast in the morning was a bit crowded as there was a tour group but after eating in our room we rejoined the rest of our group who had lingered over their breakfast and coffee on the patio.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2010

This was just a two day trip to Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg for us. My wife, daughter (10 years old), her friend (11 years old), and myself decided to stay in sevierville since the rates were a little lower and just drive into Gatlinburg for our day of fun. This hotel is designed like a civil war plantation house and is really nice. The kids loved the indoor pool and hot tub (which were 24 hour) and the outdoor pool and lazy river. The indoor pool being 24 hour was nice because we spent our day in town and came back at night and could swim as long as we wanted. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. The rooms are a little small but we spent most of our time out anyway. The room did have a balcony, but ours overlooked part of the parking lot. I especially like the free breakfast. There was the normal items you find a every free breakfast ..... pastries, cold cereal, coffee , juice, ect..... but there was also, biscuits and gravy, and waffles. This was a nice surprise. If you leave hungry its your own fault. Not a lot of frills, but I would recommend this place. Its about 6 miles from interstate 40, and about 30 minutes from Gatlinburg, about 15 - 20 minutes from Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We attended a memorial service in Sevierville for a family member and needed a place to stay with our three children for one night. The rooms at the Clarion can accomodate 5 (2 queens and a pullout sofa). That is the only reason we chose this property. Check in was pleasant and quick. Our room was tired and old. There was a persistent musty, moldy smell that greeted us as soon as we opened the door. The beds were old and needed replacing. The stairwells unfortunately smelled of urine. The hotel advertises a complementary breakfast (which we passed on becasue the line was 15 plus deep). For $100 plus a night, I expect better quality accomodation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank PaceMom
OwnerZach, Owner at Clarion Inn Willow River, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

It always breaks my heart to hear reviews of this sort regarding my property, Clarion Inn Willow River in Sevierville, TN. Since I am here virtually everyday, I take comments such as these extremely seriously. In the past, I have taken measures some would even regard to be extreme in order to prevent a problem from occurring again. Employees have been terminated, walls have been torn down, entire rooms emptied of furniture and replaced. One thing I try to teach each of our Guest Service Agents,(what we used to call desk clerks in the days before political correctness), is to ask each and every guest that if they find a problem in a room, to please communicate it to us so that we can fix the problem, or at least move the customer to a different room. Our motto is " Make the Guest Happy", and we are willing to do just about anything to achieve that. I hate it when we fail, especially when we did not even know about it.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

Very clean! Very nice breakfast! The hotel is so beautiful! The pools, hot tubs, and lazy river are wonderful and clean. The staff go 100% out of their way. Best hotel that I have stayed at!

• Stayed: August 2010