All reviews lazy river indoor pool southern mansion beautiful hotel pigeon forge the breakfast area continental breakfast sitting area loved this hotel hot tub two sinks great rate doughnuts third floor i highly recommend this hotel king suite would stay here again
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We stayed at the Clarion Inn Willow River for five days in mid-August. By paying ahead, we got a rate of around $75/night, which got us a room with two queen beds and a separate sitting area with a sofabed, plus a fridge and microwave. The hotel also had a good hot breakfast everyday, with make-your-own waffles and soft-serve yogurt. An indoor pool (24-hour) with hot tub, an outdoor pool and a lazy river gave our three kids (23, 21 and 17) a good time. It's right on the main road to the National Park; all you have to do is make a right turn out of the parking lot and drive through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and you're there (you can also take the bypass around Gatlinburg, which I'd recommend--one drive through G-burg is enough).

The only drawbacks were the uncomfortable sofabed, noisy baseboard air conditioner and lack of an adequate fan in the bathroom. We'd certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for one of the newer rooms--wish we had
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Rhoda T, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Willow River, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Thank you for coming to stay with us and for leaving such a great review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would come back and stay with us again in the future. Your positive comments make our team proud and we thank you for taking your time to let us know how we did.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We have stayed at this Clarion several times the past few years. It’s been a convenient stop on our annual trips to North Carolina. We have always found it clean, reasonable and with good amenities. They have done many renovations since we were there last year and the place seems much brighter. We stayed there twice last week, coming and going. On the first stay we had a room with a balcony overlooking the river. It was very relaxing. On our way back we had a king room with a walk in shower, jacuzzi and a fireplace. Quite a treat for the price we paid.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Donald,

I am delighted to hear that we have been part of so many journeys that you've taken. Our staff are always excited to welcome you and your family and I hope that you will stay many more times on your next trips. Thank you for your continued loyalty and trust.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

From the time I made the appointment until we checked out.....they made us feel special. Our stay was made perfect by the quality of this motel and the excellence of their staff. I made a special request for our reservation and she made it possible....I thank you. When we drove up at the inn we were in awe how pretty the outside grounds were and the peacefulness we felt. As we entered the hotel we were greeted with smiles at the front desk. She got us in our rooms before check-in time. We had a couple come with us and she had us with adjoining rooms...which made our visit even more special. The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. We had a balcony which was very nice. Little Pigeon River was behind the hotel... such a calmness when walking by it....We heard no noise in our room from other guests. We had a renovated room and it was very nice. The attendant to our room kept it spotless and stocked. The breakfast was a nice plus. We come to Pigeon Forge often and I do know where we will be returning. I want to thank everyone at the Clarion Inn for making our vacation perfect. Sincerely....Haneys and Stewarts

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room on the third floor
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank MarilynH62

I would like to thank you so much for all the wonderful comments you have given our hotel and staff regarding your recent stay with us. I don't think I could have asked for a better review. I know that your information will make our teams week. I am so proud that you were able to experience such a great time with us and I hope that we will continue to have you and your friends as our guests each and every time you visit the area.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

I walked into the three-story, country-elegant lobby, and I knew I was not in an ordinary motel. The friendly staff checked me into my spacious room, spotless and clean. I opened the door to my balcony and enjoyed the view. After taking a brief ride around town, I came back to the hotel for a swim (there are two pools and a hot tub). The hotel does not have a restaurant, except for the free breakfast, but there are many restaurants nearby. The hotel is 7 miles from downtown Pigeon Forge, slightly more distant from the Dollywood park. I can't recommend it highly enough!!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo

Dear Stu C,
Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for all the wonderful things you have said regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant and that you enjoyed all that our hotel has to offer.
I hope each and every time you come to the area you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

We were at an auction at wilderness at the smokies. This hotel is very close to the convention center and half the price. Very easy access from interstate 40. We had a fireplace jacuzzi suite overlooking the pool area. Rooms are extra large. Fridge and microwave and pill out soda. Two person jacuzzi was extra nice. The tub filled in minutes with never ending supply of hot water. Ask for room 115 for a great room. Breakfast was above average. Sausage and bacon included with all the usual breakfast items. Cooked oatmeal with toppings was nice. All staff very helpful...especially Jenna when we checked in at 2 am. Highly reccomend

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you had such a great time with us and found our hotel excellent. Your kind words mean so much to our team and I know that they join me in thanking you for coming to stay with us. I hope your next visit will not be far away.

Jan Whaley