“Left alot to be desired”

Clarion Inn Willow River
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
louisiana
“Left alot to be desired”
Reviewed October 17, 2005

Has a great theme. Lobby, pool, and hot tub not as large as projected in published brochure. We stayed in a "suite" that was one room. The fireplace was nice. The 2 person jacuzzi tub was noisy. The furniture looked old. The TV was very small with mediocre reception. The balcony was okay. The view was less than desired. There was a light bulb out in one of the lamps. The commode was sluggish to begin with and stopped completely up during the night. When I reported this to the clerk at check out time instead of apologizing and allowing me to promptly check out she began writing up a housekeeping request. I think this should have been committed to memory and then written after I left - but I had to repeat it twice. No effort was made to adjust the bill for this inconvenience. I did not ask - but her comment was - "that does happen; probably from too much paper being put in." Don't see how this was a gold award winner. The breakfast was okay. There was biscuits and gravy -but the plates were the size of a cookie. Guess they were discouraging real eating. Couldn't hardly fit a biscuit and gravy on it. All in all I think this place is overrated and over priced.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank arrh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2005

We stayed here based on the beautiful pics and the good reviews - and we were not dissapointed! This is a BEAUTIFUL hotel and IT IS CLEAN!! When we checked in they were very friendly. The guest rooms are pretty-- nothing really too special (don't expect the Hilton)-but they are VERY NICE-and again VERY CLEAN and the walk-out balcony is nice- and we enjoyed having the fridge in the room. We stayed for 1 week -and we were so impressed with how friendly all the staff is and good the housekeeping is. The weather was still warm enough and we really enjoyed the outdoor pool- and the lazy river (which was smaller than I expected but still nice) We did not use the indoor pool or hot tub but they looked inviting as well. The breakfast was good--They have hot biscuits and gravy, toast and muffins- really yummy big glazed donuts, fruit, cereals, apple juice/ orange juice, and maybe a few other things- I can't remember! But something that I really enjoyed was the 24 hr HOT APPLE CIDER and coffee that was available! The only draw back I can think of about this hotel is the location--which isn't bad it's just not right in the middle of all action. We stayed Mon- Fri and again it was the end of Sept- so it was not that busy down there--but it did take about 10 min to get to Pigeon Forge and about 20 min to Gatlinburg. However- this truly was not an issue for us- we actually liked having a nice quiet haven to come back to at night. (But if you like to closer to all the attractions you may want to look into some place else.) Overall we had a wonderful relaxing stay and will return to the Clarion Inn.
Also if you want to see some good shows check out the Black Bear Jamboree and go to the Comedy Barn! You won't be disappointed and kids are free at both!

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank Mickeygirl35
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 18, 2005

We have stayed at the Clarion at Sevierville so many times I lost count, and we love it! We often stop there on our vacation route, or just make it a relaxing week-end trip.
Our favorite feature (other than the basics of cleanliness, etc.) is the room design with the private "sitting area" and individual balconies. We also enjoy the coffee pot and small refrigerator.
The "Gone with the Wind" theme is wonderful and the basic breakfast bar is not bad considering it's included with no extra charge.
I read one negative review on here that was totally NEVER our experience, and I just wanted to note that for as many times as we've stayed, problems are rare and are always taken care of promptly. We have referred many people to this place, and it remains a favorite among our family and friends.

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cincinnati Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2005

We stayed here based on other tripadvisor reviews and we do agree that this hotel is very nice, however there are several issues that make this place a real downer. The location is bad because the traffic going from the hotel towards Pigeon Forge is HIDEOUS and it WILL take you an hour or more to make the 6 mile trip. Especially at dinner time. The second bad thing about the location is the helicopter tours right across the street. You guessed it, they fly low right over you while you are trying to relax at the pool. It is SO obnoxious. The third thing that makes this hotel a "never again" for us is the VERY SCIMPY breakfast that barely qualifies as being even continental. It mostly consists of toast and cereal and nasty mini muffins straight out of the refrigerator. Not even so much as a danish or waffle or anything decent. And the coffee is watery and not very good, plus no flavored creamer to make up for it. Very bare bones. The beds are moderately comfortable and the rooms are clean and very pretty, but the suites are still only one room. It's a nice hotel with nice staff and very clean rooms, but like I said, the downside is the noise from the choppers, the traffic and the not quite adequate breakfast. We will stay at the Hampton in Gatlinburg next time.

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank taltmayer
Manchester Tn
Reviewed May 24, 2005

I stayed at this hotel twice. The first time I was traveling with a group and had a seperate reservation! The hotel honored my rate which was lower than the group rate, and then gave me a group discount rate on top of that. I wound up paying nearly $10 less than my reservation! The hotel staff was superb and was willing to do anything.

After checking in I went back down and made a reservation for the next month and the lady at the front desk was more than friendly. She reserved my room and answered all the questions that I had. I was more than impressed.

My room was one of the nicest rooms that I have ever experianced. Both rooms were on the top floor (One of my picky requests) and clean. They both had gorgeous views of the mountains and the river below. On my first trip the outdoor pool was closed, although the indoor pool was warm and inviting. The second trip the outdoor pool was open and very inviting. The lazy river was awesome.

I loved this hotel. The rooms were large, comfortable, and clean. I would stay here again anyday. The hotel is located far enough from town that it was nice and quiet. I loved the southern charm that the hotel offered, and was impressed with its "Gone with the Wind" theme.

I reccomend that you check this hotel before you check any others!

• Stayed May 2005
6 Thank ManchesterTNGuy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 11, 2005

My husband and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary in one of the King Suites at The Clarion at Willow River and will smile with every memory that was made.... This hotel was GREAT... the staff, cleanliness, quietness, and decor all attributed to a wonderful time in Tennesee!

• Stayed May 2005