“Nice hotel, BAD location, scimpy breakfast”

Clarion Inn Willow River
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed June 24, 2005

We stayed here based on other tripadvisor reviews and we do agree that this hotel is very nice, however there are several issues that make this place a real downer. The location is bad because the traffic going from the hotel towards Pigeon Forge is HIDEOUS and it WILL take you an hour or more to make the 6 mile trip. Especially at dinner time. The second bad thing about the location is the helicopter tours right across the street. You guessed it, they fly low right over you while you are trying to relax at the pool. It is SO obnoxious. The third thing that makes this hotel a "never again" for us is the VERY SCIMPY breakfast that barely qualifies as being even continental. It mostly consists of toast and cereal and nasty mini muffins straight out of the refrigerator. Not even so much as a danish or waffle or anything decent. And the coffee is watery and not very good, plus no flavored creamer to make up for it. Very bare bones. The beds are moderately comfortable and the rooms are clean and very pretty, but the suites are still only one room. It's a nice hotel with nice staff and very clean rooms, but like I said, the downside is the noise from the choppers, the traffic and the not quite adequate breakfast. We will stay at the Hampton in Gatlinburg next time.

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank taltmayer

Reviewed May 24, 2005

I stayed at this hotel twice. The first time I was traveling with a group and had a seperate reservation! The hotel honored my rate which was lower than the group rate, and then gave me a group discount rate on top of that. I wound up paying nearly $10 less than my reservation! The hotel staff was superb and was willing to do anything.

After checking in I went back down and made a reservation for the next month and the lady at the front desk was more than friendly. She reserved my room and answered all the questions that I had. I was more than impressed.

My room was one of the nicest rooms that I have ever experianced. Both rooms were on the top floor (One of my picky requests) and clean. They both had gorgeous views of the mountains and the river below. On my first trip the outdoor pool was closed, although the indoor pool was warm and inviting. The second trip the outdoor pool was open and very inviting. The lazy river was awesome.

I loved this hotel. The rooms were large, comfortable, and clean. I would stay here again anyday. The hotel is located far enough from town that it was nice and quiet. I loved the southern charm that the hotel offered, and was impressed with its "Gone with the Wind" theme.

I reccomend that you check this hotel before you check any others!

• Stayed: May 2005
6  Thank ManchesterTNGuy
A TripAdvisor Member
Centerville, Oh
Reviewed May 11, 2005

My husband and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary in one of the King Suites at The Clarion at Willow River and will smile with every memory that was made.... This hotel was GREAT... the staff, cleanliness, quietness, and decor all attributed to a wonderful time in Tennesee!

• Stayed: May 2005