“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Canberra
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I don't know what we expected when we drove off the Blue Ridge Parkway and through Gatlinburg to arrive in Sevierville but it probably wasn't the Titantic or King Kong on the building. However we soon came to realize that this area was full of the fun tacky things.

This hotel was also themed. Gone with the Wind memorabilia was everywhere. We had a corset from the movie over our bed. However I really liked it.

The staff were really friendly. The breakfast was adequate and I liked sitting in the breakfast area.

We never got time to try out the pool but it looked fun with the lazy rapids.

The room was huge with a living area and sleeping area and a spa bath. Everything was clean.

Parking was on site and it was easy to drive from the hotel to any attraction we wanted to check out. However this hotel was not in the main area of Pigeon Forge so it was quite quiet.

Overall we would stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Waynesville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Very helpful, polite staff. Hotel beautifully decorated for Christmas, very clean inside and out. Will be staying here again! Very nice breakfast and fast check-in check-out service. Wonderful location as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
LaFayette, Georgia
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Me and my wife recently made a last minute trip to the "Smokies" to do some Christmas shopping. We had originally planned to drive up, shop all day, and dry back that night. However, as the day went on we decided to try to stay the night. I called this Clarion Inn because my wife had always thought the Gone With The Wind theme that could be seen from the road looked nice. The staff member I spoke with on the phone was super friendly, and I was delighted to hear they had availability for the night. I was able to book the room right there on the phone with zero hassle. It was a very pleasant experience. The room we were placed in was meticulously clean. The design of the room was very visually pleasing, and the little courtyard our patio door opened onto was perfectly landscaped. I was also very happy to see that the wonderful Gone With The Wind theme from outside the building carried over inside the building as well. The lobby, in particular, is worth seeing even if you don't get to see anything else. Although we did not use it, the hotel has an indoor heated pool that is open, as of the time of our visit, 24 hours per day. This is a wonderful extra. My wife reports that the free breakfast was spectacular (I did not eat breakfast myself during this stay). The location is also amazing. It is close enough to all the excitement of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, and yet far enough away that you can still see the natural beauty of the area. I highly recommend this hotel! We plan to stay here again as soon as we can.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CNB962
South Carolina
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I must admit that I am a choice privileged member. So I look for choice privilege properties. when we drove by the Clarion in Sevierville I was pretty sure that I was not going to be willing to pay the price because it was so
lovely. The property is just on edge of things getting really congested. It's near the knife works so for my husband it's right in the center of male heaven. Very, very clean.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank powderpf
South Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is what we look for when we travel. I don't need a $200 a night room with valet and restaurant. I need a safe location and a clean room. We travel to see sights not to sit in the room so we want good quality basics and need nothing more. This hotel well measured up to our expectations. We like to take our daughter to Pigeon Forge for the kids stuff but the traffic and crowds are so annoying. We decided to stay in Sevierville which was a great choice. There are dining and shopping options on either side of the hotel. It's right on the highway and has a beautiful Old South exterior. Inside is a welcoming lobby with fireplace, sitting area and complimentary coffee and hot cider. It was peaceful and quiet both in our room and outside. Check-in lady wasn't overly nice if that's a problem for you. I asked what rooms we were in and was told it was in my envelope, like she didn't have time to help me. It was right at check-in time.

The rooms are wonderfully furnished. Small bathroom with plenty of counter space, second sink in room, mini fridge and microwave, clothes hanging area, two queen beds, nightstand, large dresser, tv, two comfy chairs and a table, coffee table and sofa, planty of lighting, and a balcony with plastic chairs and table. Our family of 3 could comfortably stay here a week on vacation. We had adjoining rooms with my mother-in-law on the second floor just steps from the breakfast location. It was the perfect arrangement.

Breakfast both mornings consisted of sausage, gravy, biscuits, boiled eggs, fruit, muffins, doughnuts, cereals, toast, bagels, waffles, juice, milk and coffee. Everyone can find something to eat here and it's complimentary. The food area is really small and the eating area isn't much larger. But there is a large balcony during warmer months on which you could enjoy your breakfast. Sunroom style tables and chairs and Gone With the Wind decor was nice. I took my breakfast to my room the second morning because it was so close by.

The indoor pool was my daughter's favorite. The water was a little chilly a few times; I believe the hot tub jets have something to do with heating the pool. When the jets were running the pool seemed warmer. Hot tub is kind of small, one jet was blowing crazy hard, and the whole pool area (concrete) could use a thorough scrubbing, though the water seemed clean. Plenty of plastic chairs and tables to sit around and watch the kids. Pool is also open 24 hours but I wasn't crazy about the exterior pool doors being unlocked.

We would definitely stay here again. I loved the location near the attractions but not in them. It was nice to get out of traffic and have a quiet place to relax. I hope we can return in the summer and use the outdoor pool as well. The rate we paid with my Choice membership was amazing, I mean amazing, for the quality stay we received here.

Room Tip: Breakfast room is on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
gulf shores
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I visited in November 2013. The hotel is nice. Big lobby. Big parking area. The rooms are large and ours was a suite with a king bed. Slept like babies. Good shower, AC, pillows, whats not to like. Breakfast the next day was very good. Tremendous amount of food. Good coffee and juice. The price was insanely inexpensive for all you get. We go to Sevierville a couple of times a year. Next time were back we will head here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We decided to try this hotel since we were able to get a great price compared to the rest of the hotels we typically stay at. I was excited to finally try it. It's always decorated so beautifully out front. It is impressive, and if you like Gone with the Wind you will enjoy the decor.
I will say that the service was great. Everyone we encountered was super nice, helpful and went overboard to help if needed. Great customer service.
I wasn't really "wow-ed" by anything else as I thought I would be. I would agree with the review about the room and some of its contents (bedding, furniture, tv) being a little worn/outdated. I guess I was expecting a little more with all of the awards this hotel has. The balcony is a nice plus. The couch area certainly adds room as well as another bed if needed. The bathroom is a full bath, but there is also an additional vanity area outside the bathroom. That was nice. Breakfast was ok. It was pretty cramped, and I hate to think what it's like if the hotel is full. We actually ate outside on a chilly October morning because there weren't any seats inside. Overall, I would say service and hotel lobby appearance were excellent, but beyond that it was average.

Room Tip: I will say that I requested a quiet area of the hotel if possible and I would definitely suggest the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family