“Great price when other hotels were close to double!”

Clarion Inn Willow River
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We decided to try this hotel since we were able to get a great price compared to the rest of the hotels we typically stay at. I was excited to finally try it. It's always decorated so beautifully out front. It is impressive, and if you like Gone with the Wind you will enjoy the decor.
I will say that the service was great. Everyone we encountered was super nice, helpful and went overboard to help if needed. Great customer service.
I wasn't really "wow-ed" by anything else as I thought I would be. I would agree with the review about the room and some of its contents (bedding, furniture, tv) being a little worn/outdated. I guess I was expecting a little more with all of the awards this hotel has. The balcony is a nice plus. The couch area certainly adds room as well as another bed if needed. The bathroom is a full bath, but there is also an additional vanity area outside the bathroom. That was nice. Breakfast was ok. It was pretty cramped, and I hate to think what it's like if the hotel is full. We actually ate outside on a chilly October morning because there weren't any seats inside. Overall, I would say service and hotel lobby appearance were excellent, but beyond that it was average.

Room Tip: I will say that I requested a quiet area of the hotel if possible and I would definitely suggest the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very nice hotel built to look like the grand plantation from "Gone With The Wind". The furnishings were beautiful and our room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. Of the six hotels we stayed in this week this was our favorite. A pleasure to stay there.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doc98
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We vacationed in the Smoky Mountains this October. Unfortunately, we were unable to fully enjoy the mountians and all the beauty of the fall season due to the government shutdown, but our hotel was fine. The room was clean and neat. Everything was well kept and maintained both inside and out. The exterior looks like a plantation house complete with tall, white columns.
The breakfast was wonderful and saved us money because we could eat there for the three mornings we were there. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends. For the price we paid, we had a very nice time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stopped here at the end of Day 1 of a cross country roadtrip. This was not planned and we got a great last minute deal on a third party booking site just an hour before check-in.

We arrived after dark, and approaching this hotel is "grand and stately". The exterior of this property is well maintained and looks like something you would see from decades ago. The good care of the property continued into the lobby which was cozy and inviting.

We had a room on the 2nd floor near the rear of the property. The room was well appointed and very well kept. You can tell that this property is an older but very well maintained property.

It was not until we woke the next morning, to find out that there was a beautiful river off the balcony of our room. We also enjoyed a 2nd Floor Lobby continental breakfast, where the offerings were very nice indeed.

For the price we paid, we thought that this was a very good stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you like Gone With The Wind you will really like this place. There is all kinds of Gone With The Wind move memorabilia. They have free hot apple cider and coffee in the lobby also with some seating and a T.V. (which I took advantage of) Also the breakfast was very good and eating there saved us money. There is one indoor pool (open 24 hrs.) with a hot tub next to it and an outdoor pool with a lazy river next to it. The indoor pool and lazy river was nice temp. but the indoor pool was a little on the cold side. I also liked how the two queen bedrooms had a sofa couch. which was perfect for us (4 adults and a teen) I would like to of been closer to everything but overall was very happy!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a nice property which can be booked at a very competative rate via online express booking sites, The room, grounds and staff were very nice. The bed and wifi were servicable but not outstanding. The complimentary breakfast was better than average. As I was in the area on business the location worked for me. However, if you are planning on visiting Pigeon Fork and Gatlinburg, prepare for a rather long drive due to heavy traffic. Were I vacationing I would stay closer to activities.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Because of all the great reviews and then all the awards on display in the lobby, we expected to be wowed by this hotel. It does look very nice in the public areas, but we were a bit disappointed with our tired-looking room. The beds seemed rather old and saggy and didn't have those nice mattress toppers that more modern hotels have, and the pillows were very, very thin--I was glad we got a 2 queen bed room so we had extra pillows as we needed to double them up.

We did sleep all right and the shower was quite nice with a very refreshing spray (not too sharp as many hotels have). The breakfast we could have done without: not well set up and it took forever to get anything. People insisted on waiting in line rather than just going directly for the item they wanted. (I think it's a Southern thing.) We opted for eating out the 2nd morning. But if you like biscuits and gravy, waffles, bread, bagels, and cereal, you'll do all right. There were also hard boiled eggs and bacon. Oh and a heavy-on-the-melon fruit salad.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple