“Clean , but overall a HUGE disappointment!”

Clarion Inn Willow River
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
“Clean , but overall a HUGE disappointment!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My family and I recently visited this hotel for a 3- night stay during our vacation. Only three positive things I can say about it is that it was clean , the outdoor pool was nice and also heated , and the front desk staff was friendly. When we walked in and recieved our room key , etc. the man forgot to hand us our car tag, so we had to go back and ask for it. Next , the bad elevators - they were extremely slow (we often had to use the stairs) and had a bad stench when we DID enter them. Next the rooms - it was fine as far as cleanliness goes, but needed some SERIOUS updating! The mattresses were HORRIBLE to sleep on , the railing on the balcony was NOT sturdy , and I was a bit reluctant of even walking out there due to this! We had holes in our curtains , and only ONE outlet in our room worked! The television was also way outdated. Also, the door on the bathroom wouldnt stay open on its own , so we had to constantly prop it open with a shoe or trash can. Next , the vending & ice machines. Our vending maching (on floor 3) wouldnt hardly take our money , and our ice machine was broken for our entire stay! So we had to go to a different floor just to get ice... Now for the breakfeast - what they had was DECENT I guess , but there were no eggs (except hard-boiled) and they MICROWAVED the bacon! There wasnt much in the breakfeast overall. Now for the pools- The indoor pool is WAY too small and the overload of chlorine in it bothered my eyes and nose very, very much. The normal outdoor pool was fine, good size & nicely heated , but I was hugely dissappointed in the lazy river! It was ICE cold , it had almost NO current so i had to push myself against the walls , and it was incredibly narrow , so I couldnt enjoy just relaxing due to the constant bumping into and skidding along the sides. Something that was also extremely troubling to us is that when we recieved our final bill, we discovered that we had been charged &1.50 per day for the safe we did not even use! Pitiful! These are the reasons that I give this hotel a 2-star rating. I am honestly sorry we chose to stay here :( It looked nice from the outside , but you can't judge a book by its cover , looks can be deceiving, etc. WOULD NOT RECCOMEND FOR ANYONE !

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Vacationlover97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Jackson, Missouri
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We walked in with no reservation (we weren't supposed to arrive in town till the next day and were too early to check into our condo). Got a spacious room with our AAA discount. The beds slept well, and we had an awesome view of the river from our balcony even though we were only on the first floor. Breakfast was included, so we ate. It was really nothing to "write home" about, but it also was not horrible...kept us from spending $20 at a restaurant, so that's a deal. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Me and my husband stayed one night here on our way back home. I loved the gone with the wind theme. It was a beautiful hotel inside and out. The pool and lazy river were the highlight of our evening. We got to stay in it until dark. My only complaint is that they may need to spray for spiders. There is a lot of trees. But overall it is a clean hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mcm1981
Tennessee
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We did not actually stay at this inn but I have to mention something about the service of the mgmt. We had to cancel our plans at the last minute this past weekend. I did not realize the cancellation policy was 24 hours in advance. I called Saturday and they mgmt. was extremely polite and understanding about our cancellation. When I do make it to Sevierville, I will definitely be staying here to see what all the reviews are about and to meet the people working at this location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sbgriffith
Trenton, Ohio
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed one night for a stopover during our drive home from Myrtle Beach to Ohio this weekend. We had two double rooms, and they were adjoining. Perfect for a wired 3-year-old who had been in a car for 7 hours and just wanted to run! I was a little worried when I checked in and found out there were two large basketball groups staying in the hotel, but it seems that the hotel was smart enough to keep them separated from the rest of the guests, because we never had a noise problem.

Both rooms were clean, had nice size refrigerators, balconies, and a small sitting area with a table with two chairs, a couch and a coffee table. This worked out perfectly for us, as we ordered pizza for dinner and had a place to eat other than the bed. We were only there from 7:30pm until check out the next morning, so we did not get to enjoy the pool, but it looked nice. Breakfast was sufficient. It was busy with all the guests staying for the basketball tournament, but the two ladies working were running their tails off keeping things stocked.

All in all, a great stay, and we will definitely keep this hotel in mind the next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view - they are on the backside of the hotel, away from the road, and very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ucas0
kentucky
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was a wonderful stay. My friend and I were attending a Women of Joy conference and this hotel was a great way to start and end a day. The rooms are super nice and I believe all of them are balcony rooms....no matter the view, they're all nice! The breakfast was wonderful every day. The hotel itself was incredibly clean and accomodating, as were the grounds. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All rooms, as I understand it, are balcony rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank KaCee_Jo
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The whole southern plantation theme is a cool and so is the charm and interior architecture. Our room was a king with lots of room, comfy bed and a very nice little balcony. The breakfast was very good. The televisions could be upgraded, but not necessary if it means increased rates. The location is close enough to Pigeon Forge to be a short car ride, but far enough away to avoid the extreme traffic. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple