“WOW What a great place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion Inn Willow River

Clarion Inn Willow River
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Illinois
“WOW What a great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

We recently spent 3 nights here. I chose this hotel due to its location - we were visiting our son at Johnson University, and this hotel was one of the closest (by using the back roads). After reading the reviews here on TA, I called the hotel and got a great rate (under $50 a night) - of course this is not the busiest season and I am sure sometimes the rates will be higher. When we arrived we were impressed by the plantation-style building, and it got better from there. The room was extremely clean, had a sitting area with a love seat and a small patio area with two chairs (We were on first floor - upper rooms had small balconies). The indoor pool was rather small but enjoyable and there is an indoor hot-tub. The outdoor pool was not open yet, but looked rather large and has a "lazy-river" around it. Breakfast was typical with make-your-own waffles, biscuits and gravy, pastries, etc. There was coffee and apple cider available 24 hours. There is a nice lobby area with comfortable chairs to relax in. The staff was friendly and courteous. The only negative (and it is a small one) is that they include a $1.50 per night charge for the in-room safe - but if you don't use the safe you can ask to have the charge removed. The location is about 15 minutes from downtown Pigeon Forge and all of the attractions there. Overall, this is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in, and definitely worth the price. I highly recommend it for anyone staying in this area. i don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Chesnee, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

We loved this hotel. It is a very beautiful and clean hotel and even though it was fully booked we never heard any noise from the other rooms. The kids enjoyed the 24 hour pool and hot tub. The hot breakfast was nice. We will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I went with my family last weekend and we had a wonderful time at this hotel. The room was VERY clean and enjoyed the free hot breakfast I would highly recommend this hotel, as it was a great value for the price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Chimney Rock, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

The antebellum facade is beautiful but that's just the tip of the iceburg for this gorgeous hotel situated on the river in Sevierville, TN. Our spacious and comfortable room had a private balcony overlooking the liine of willow trees on the river. Although the breakfast was not as nice as some Clarions where we have stayed, it was still good and we did enjoy 24-hour coffee and cider during our stay. The folks at the front desk were personable and friendly. Best thing overall? The 24-hour availability of the hot tub!! After a lot of walking and shopping, this was the way to end the day before settling into the heavenly comfort of the queen bed. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room - peaceful and beautiful!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

During our search for a cabin to purchase, we found this wonderful hotel. Stayed here for 2 nights in late December, it is always decorated tastefully for the season. Check in staff were very polite and informative. We booked a king room with double sofa sleeper. Received a room on the ground floor beside stairwell. At first was worried about noise, but was delightfully surprised in the room was very quiet. Room was huge, clean, and comfortable. Lots of towels, although bedding is a little worn.
My 11 year old loved the pool which is open 24 hours with quiet times posted. Coffee and hot apple cider are served in the lobby. The breakfast is well stocked, biscuits,waffles,cereal,donuts,muffins,fruit,hard boiled eggs,bagels,toast, etc with alternating sausage and bacon.
This hotel is convenient to pigeon forge-only 4 miles to outlet shopping. And a strip mall with many restaurants, Lowes, Staples, Krogers,and more-about 2 miles.

Letcher County,Ky.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

This is a very charming hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. We had a balcony over the river which was nice. The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas,as was the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was fine with the basics. The waffles were very good. The staff was friendly and they even allowed me to check in a bit early. I paid about $45 for one night and it was the holiday season. I will gladly stay at this inn again soon.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank carli66
Cedar Bluff, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

Wow! This is definitely without a doubt one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in, if not the nicest, and I consider myself to be a very picky person. As soon as you enter the lobby for check-in you are greeted by the beautifully decorated Christmas Trees and the decor is themed with "Gone With The Wind" and it is simply beautiful. And on each balcony there is charming garland with a big red bow! So festive! This hotel will definitely get you feeling the Christmas Spirit! This is by far the cleanest place I have ever stayed, there isn't a speck of dust anywhere. You can tell they have took their time and actually cleaned everything in your room before your arrival. I always pack a pair of house shoes to wear in my room when I go on vacation, because at a lot of places the floor feels gritty and just nasty, but I can walk around in here barefoot! No dirt on my feet when I go to get into bed. Yay! This whole hotel is spotless and shinning! I could go on and on talking about how clean and appealing this place is but I believe you get the picture...Also, there is NO noise to be heard when we are in the room, not a sound! And that is always a plus. We are staying in a King Suite with Jacuzzi and Fireplace and it is wonderful. We love the fireplace, It is the centerpiece of the room and it's so warm and inviting especially after being outdoors in the cold weather all day from shopping! The jacuzzi is huge, plenty big enough for 2 people. I am traveling with my husband and 7 month old daughter and I have to pack the whole house and there is still plenty of space. The beds are quite comfortable and the bathroom is spacious and there are lots of large mirrors in the bathroom and outside the bathroom which is great for us ladies to apply our make-up. Also, there is a safe in the rooms, thank goodness because I know I feel more protected about my things if I know they are locked up in a safe. They also provide WiFi and it is super fast. And lets not forget my favorite part, the heated indoor 24 hour pool and hot tub! That area is very, very clean...of course! There is also a outdoor pool and lazy river but it's December so obviously we didn't use that one, but, it appeared just as pleasant and enjoyable as everything else here at the Clarion Willow River. And last but definitely not least the staff...they are great too! I've contacted them a couple times already and they are very polite, they go out of their way to help you out. For example, I called the front desk for a wake-up call and I ask if she could possibly give me 2 wake-up calls because I have a bad habit of going back to sleep, well there wasn't any way she could set it up so she said she would make herself a note and she would call me herself the first time and the computer would call me the second time...and sure enough she called and she was EXACTLY on time!! Now that is great customer service...THANK YOU Clarion Inn Willow River for making mine and my husbands 2 year anniversary one we won't forget!!! This will be the only place we stay when we come to town!!! The Peak Family

Room Tip: The King Suite with Jacuzzi and Fireplace is very roomy and romantic. Just plain gorgeous!
2 Thank BethanyPeak77