“Good Hotel for the price”

Quality Inn & Suites River Suites
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed 5 days at this hotel and were very satisified. The room was clean and the staff was pleasant. The breakfast in the morning didn't have hot eggs or meats, but they had gravy and biscuits and homemade waffles along with cereals, fruits, danish, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal packets, etc., so we enjoyed a nice breakfast each day before heading out to our activities. We would stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: We had a kingsize bed on the third floor. There was an elevator so we didn't have to climb stai...

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I can't give this 4 stars though there are some good points here: We had a good sleep in a suite-sized room and the breakfast was one of the best motel breakfasts we have had in a while. the price with my senior and organization discounts was outstanding. It's obviously an older property but they have done some decent renovations. The bad: our toilet backed up. I guess it is possible to say "these things happen" but still unpleasant. I agree with another reviewer that there was a strange and a bit overpowering odor in the room (?!). And the air conditioner leaked on the new rug. My wife shared these issues with the morning manager and she was pleasant, apologetic, and professional in accepting this critique. Having said this, yes...I would give them another try in the future to see if it was a one-time anomaly because the basic needs of an overnight were there: a good night's rest, nice breakfast, and a good (discounted) price.

Room Tip: lots of attractions nearby, 6.5 miles off I-40 (south), better-than-average breakfast
1  Thank taliabo
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in early August. The internet didn't work for most of that time, and the front desk stated they had been having problems. When it did work, it was slower than dialup! Wi-Fi is not the reason to choose a hotel, but when you choose one with the expectation of Wi-Fi it's frustrating when it's down.

It's a lower end motel, and for that price range the rooms were great. I did see one weird bug, that could have been a cockroach but it ran away before I could kill it. The floors were a bit sticky (carpeting) and the bathroom had a mildew smell.

They are pet friendly, and have a decent pool facility. Their breakfast is very nice and the front desk does a nice job of keeping it replenished. The truth is we all look at this level of hotels/motels due to their price and for the money it's decent. It's not going to compete with the Hyatt or the Hilton, but it's better than the Econo Lodge type places. Be realistic about your expectations and you'll be fine.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I decided to take our son on a quick, last minute trip last week before school starts back. We usually always stay in Gatlingburg or Pigeon Forge, but this time decided to try out a hotel in a less crowded area. The hotel staff was wonderful and our room was clean and loved the extra living room space w/ the extra TV! The outdoor pool was really nice, and my son enjoyed swimming & hanging out there. We wanted to spend time at the indoor pool, but it had way too much chlorine. The whole enclosed indoor pool area was unbearable to even walk in, due to strong chlorine odor and no ventilation coming from anywhere. The outdoor pool was all we needed anyway! The only thing we really missed having at this hotel, was not having a room that includes a microwave.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The room was not really clean. The windows were so dirty we could not see out. Since we were on a group tour we could not leave [as I would have if I had my car]. Not a good location too far out of the town of Pigeon Forge . The motel beside was out of business so you could see the rundown conditions.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank beulah w
GM100, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites River Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

I I just want to assure you that our hotel is same as photos on site. And, we haven't used any photo enhancing technique. Regarding the 4 unit adjacent to us belong to previous owner and they don't rent or use them in any manner and we have no control over their appearance. However, I apologize for unpleasant stay and sincerely appreciate your business. Thanks

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend and had a great night sleep. The check in process was the fastest I'd ever had and we were given a clean and nice room. The staff was all smiles and always there to help if we had a question. Would love to tell ya how nice the pool was but we didn't get a chance to get in. I looked nice and clean thou. Great place you tell anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

We are delighted to know that your stay was great and love our place. We sincerely appreciate your business and looking forward to see you upon next visit!. Thanks

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We based our expectations on the price of the hotel and were pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. Front desk staff was very nice, large room with loveseat with a small table and chairs and a tv. Comfortable beds with nice linens and good pillows. The outside pool was much nicer than local hotels with twice the price tag. We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We are glad to know that you found our service and facilities nice. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again!. Thanks