“Great room at an amazing rate!”

Quality Inn & Suites River Suites
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed here recently for one night on a quick trip over the weekend. We were able to get a room with one king bed, one queen bed, and a private balcony for a great rate. Especially considering it was a car show weekend in Pigeon Forge where many hotels/motels in the area become booked full and raise their rates exorbitantly. Having expected to find the two beds squeezed into a small room, I was very surprised at the size of the room. The two beds were separated by partial room dividers with the bathroom in the middle. While obviously not the same as two separate rooms, the partial dividers do offer a little privacy to separate the beds.

The room was very clean and well stocked. I did not see any maintenance or cosmetic issues. It was nice to have the private balcony off the back end of the room (not all rooms have this, those that do mention it specifically in the description when booking). The view is not particularly scenic (an overgrown field, a river, and the parkway), but it is also far enough removed from the road that it is relatively quiet and calm. While it is right on the parkway, the building is laid out so that noise from the road is almost nonexistent (at least the section we were in).

Breakfast was standard+ with biscuits and gravy, waffles, hard boiled eggs, and fruit/yogurt/pastries. The breakfast area is definitely too small for the number of guests, so seating could be an issue.

I am sure I will be staying here again on many overnight/weekend trips in the future. I have stayed at many hotels/motels in the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area over the years and this would absolutely be in my top two as far as value is concerned (the size/condition of the room along with the rate paid).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank swacer

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We recently visited The Quality Inn & River Suites in Sevierville to vsit my nephew. My brother pulled into what appeared to be the first BIG hotel we saw. He wanted a pool ( we drove from upstate NY ) & we ended up booking a room here. My brother, a friend of ours and myself. The outside pool was closed but the INSIDE pool was open...if you're reading this "grammy1"...the front desk is manned 24/7 so all you had to do is ask where it's located. They had 2 full size beds and a pull out bed/couch in the opening room. We pulled it out and I sat down to take off my shoes and promptly fell thru the end of the bed as the end springs were missing. After we stopped laughing we asked Maintenance to fix it and they did so IMMEDIATELY! The room had 2 TV's and everything we needed and great free breakfast! We saw rooms above the "indoor pool" area and that wouldn't be an ideal place to stay as the kids get loud in the pool. The adjoining jacuzzi was great too. Very friendly staff and just a hop, skip and a jump away from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge...I swear it's like Disneyworld down there including a HUGE tram that takes you up a big mountain. Best kept secret in Tennessee. Forget Orlando and visit THIS town ( and Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge ) and stay at THIS hotel. We thought it was great. I'd go back in a heartbeat! Oh, the rates were VERY reasonable too! We didn't book ahead or have a coupon but STILL got a discount so it's fair to say my brother "bartered" for the discount....not a problem!

Room Tip: We didn't use the Fitness Center and make sure you don't get a room near the indoor pool cau...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AirF0rceVet
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This is the 4th time we've stayed at this hotel when traveling with our lab. The rooms are very nice, include a refrigerator and a microwave. Plenty of open space to walk the dog. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We booked here because it was near where my family was staying but a little less expensive. the motel seems to be in decline. I wish we would have paid more to stay in the other hotel. This has the room doors on the outside. It has an indoor pool, but we didn't know how to get to it. The room was larger than the room my family had and that part was nice. It had been updated some but the job was done sloppily. The bathroom was VERY small. The bed was nice and comfortable. There were 2 tvs as it was a sort of suite room. A small living area and then the sleeping area. A small refridgerator but no microwave. The pillows were small, like squares. The breakfast was boiled eggs, waffles, semi-warm biscuits and gravy, yogurt, apples and oranges and pastry. The juice was watery but the coffee was good. It was the week after Christmas and quite crowded. The room was quiet. The door did not lock automatically. It wasn't a bad motel, just old. It was clean.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank grammy1
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Seeing how highly ranked most of the recent reviews were for this place, I thought I couldn't go wrong. I booked this one mainly for the price. Here, you get what you pay for. My husband and I had a non-smoking king room with a balcony (room 203). I booked on choicehotels.com and saw I got the last one. Well, I guess that was the rotten one of the bunch. We arrived in the pouring rain and were greeted by friendly, inviting staff in the lobby. The rest of the hotel is not so inviting and is run down compared to what the pictures show. We made our way up the stairs to our room trying not to slip and fall. We are in our 30's. The steps and sidewalks were very slick. I can't imagine what they must be like with ice and snow and how it must be for older people to get around. They do have an elevator we didn't use. Our room had a strong citrus scent to it, which eventually bothered us after a while. The room was much more spacious than I imagined it to be. The bed was cozy and clean, the modern TV was nice, and so was the little sofa. We had a parkway view from our balcony, so we had a lot of road noise to have to listen to - even noisier with the rain. If we wanted to see the mountains, we had to lean over the railing - disappointing when you drive all that way to see mountains from your room. The lighting in the bathroom was so dark and dim. There was something splattered all over the bathroom door in plain sight that I am sure housekeeping could see, also mud chunks on the floor in front of the shower. The mini fridge was not plugged in when we arrived, had somebody's leftover peanuts in the bottom of it, and did not appear to be in good condition, so we had to wait to refrigerate anything. We took a walk to the indoor pool and hot tub area. It felt as if we walked into a mold infestation. Nobody was there, but I can imagine the chlorine scent must take over every room in that building. When we checked out, the receipt the desk clerk gave me showed they charge $1 for the safe in the room, which we didn't even use. Dumb. I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you want mountain views and a clean room, don't let them put you in 203.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights during Thanksgiving week. We rented a suite with the separate sitting room so that we could watch TV on the couch and not disturb the sleeping kids. The rooms are very clean, and the view from the back porch was very nice. We actually had a room inside the indoor pool area so that we could swim while it was cold outside. We were a little concerned when we first arrived into the pool area since it was a bit humid and smelled like chlorine, but once we were in the room everything was fine and none of the outside atmosphere bled into the room. The beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly (even let us check in early). Breakfast was the typical continental with waffles/biscuits & gravy. Also had cereal, bagels, muffins, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. Nice eating area. Only 2 things negative to mention.. 1. The fridge died on the 3rd day, but they replaced it within a couple hours and 2. You could only use the wifi if you were in the separate sitting area near the window. I called tech support and they said they wre going to check it out, but nothing changed.
Overall great experience, we will be staying there again, expecially if the rates don't change.

Room Tip: Stay towards the center if you want good wifi.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike M
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We'd planned on two nights in Sevierville. OMG the crowds. Quality Inn allowed us to cancel the 2nd night and we fled the area. The hotel is older and has a few issues but the bed was good. The hotel is suitable and provided what we needed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple