“an old motel”

Quality Inn & Suites River Suites
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We booked here because it was near where my family was staying but a little less expensive. the motel seems to be in decline. I wish we would have paid more to stay in the other hotel. This has the room doors on the outside. It has an indoor pool, but we didn't know how to get to it. The room was larger than the room my family had and that part was nice. It had been updated some but the job was done sloppily. The bathroom was VERY small. The bed was nice and comfortable. There were 2 tvs as it was a sort of suite room. A small living area and then the sleeping area. A small refridgerator but no microwave. The pillows were small, like squares. The breakfast was boiled eggs, waffles, semi-warm biscuits and gravy, yogurt, apples and oranges and pastry. The juice was watery but the coffee was good. It was the week after Christmas and quite crowded. The room was quiet. The door did not lock automatically. It wasn't a bad motel, just old. It was clean.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank grammy1

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Seeing how highly ranked most of the recent reviews were for this place, I thought I couldn't go wrong. I booked this one mainly for the price. Here, you get what you pay for. My husband and I had a non-smoking king room with a balcony (room 203). I booked on choicehotels.com and saw I got the last one. Well, I guess that was the rotten one of the bunch. We arrived in the pouring rain and were greeted by friendly, inviting staff in the lobby. The rest of the hotel is not so inviting and is run down compared to what the pictures show. We made our way up the stairs to our room trying not to slip and fall. We are in our 30's. The steps and sidewalks were very slick. I can't imagine what they must be like with ice and snow and how it must be for older people to get around. They do have an elevator we didn't use. Our room had a strong citrus scent to it, which eventually bothered us after a while. The room was much more spacious than I imagined it to be. The bed was cozy and clean, the modern TV was nice, and so was the little sofa. We had a parkway view from our balcony, so we had a lot of road noise to have to listen to - even noisier with the rain. If we wanted to see the mountains, we had to lean over the railing - disappointing when you drive all that way to see mountains from your room. The lighting in the bathroom was so dark and dim. There was something splattered all over the bathroom door in plain sight that I am sure housekeeping could see, also mud chunks on the floor in front of the shower. The mini fridge was not plugged in when we arrived, had somebody's leftover peanuts in the bottom of it, and did not appear to be in good condition, so we had to wait to refrigerate anything. We took a walk to the indoor pool and hot tub area. It felt as if we walked into a mold infestation. Nobody was there, but I can imagine the chlorine scent must take over every room in that building. When we checked out, the receipt the desk clerk gave me showed they charge $1 for the safe in the room, which we didn't even use. Dumb. I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you want mountain views and a clean room, don't let them put you in 203.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights during Thanksgiving week. We rented a suite with the separate sitting room so that we could watch TV on the couch and not disturb the sleeping kids. The rooms are very clean, and the view from the back porch was very nice. We actually had a room inside the indoor pool area so that we could swim while it was cold outside. We were a little concerned when we first arrived into the pool area since it was a bit humid and smelled like chlorine, but once we were in the room everything was fine and none of the outside atmosphere bled into the room. The beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly (even let us check in early). Breakfast was the typical continental with waffles/biscuits & gravy. Also had cereal, bagels, muffins, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. Nice eating area. Only 2 things negative to mention.. 1. The fridge died on the 3rd day, but they replaced it within a couple hours and 2. You could only use the wifi if you were in the separate sitting area near the window. I called tech support and they said they wre going to check it out, but nothing changed.
Overall great experience, we will be staying there again, expecially if the rates don't change.

Room Tip: Stay towards the center if you want good wifi.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike M
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We'd planned on two nights in Sevierville. OMG the crowds. Quality Inn allowed us to cancel the 2nd night and we fled the area. The hotel is older and has a few issues but the bed was good. The hotel is suitable and provided what we needed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My stay here was absolutely wonderful. Upon check-in I did not want to leave the lobby because the staff was so so friendly. When I did finally go to my room I was surprised as to how spacious it was. It was HUGE!!. Not what I expected. They had an indoor pool and indoor whirlpool which I took advantage of. I never did make it to breakfast the 2 nights that I was there but all in all I had a wonderful stay. The beds were comfy and the room was clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank 247HardWorker
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Quality Inn was the most wonderful experience and the best nights sleep! The pillows OMG! they are so comfortable, the rooms were super clean and smelled fresh! The free breakfast is so wonderful, there homemade waffles are delicious! They have so much, it's hard to pick from! The pools are very clean also. The staff is soooo friendly and helpful! My family and I have found our "Home away from Home!"

Room Tip: If you have kids, make sure you get one closest to the indoor pool, just in case that it rains, or s...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank carol r
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Thanks to other TA reviews of this property, I booked a room for my husband, baby and I, so we could take advantage of the outlet mall. All I can really say is that this is the BEST VALUE for a hotel I have ever stayed in my life! The room was huge and allowed us to place the crib in a separate nook from where my husband and I were. All three of us slept like champs. Everything was really clean; the bed and pillows were comfortable; the bathroom was big; the water pressure was great; and the free breakfast was really nice. And I think we paid $71 for the best night of sleep on our 9-day roadtrip. Finally, every staff person with whom we came in contact was pleasant and helpful (but it is Sevierville, which is seemingly filled with really nice people).

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor facing the main parking lot, and we did not hear any traffic noise a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family