“Comfort and quality”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Danville, United States
“Comfort and quality”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We always love staying at Hampton Inn Hotels. When we arrived in our room, it was a bit musty smelling as thought it had been closed up for a while without the heating/cooling system on. It almost had a slight smokers room smell, but it was a non-smoking room. Overall we had a great stay as we always do at Hampton Inns

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chestertown, Maryland
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have to agree with Kellie S' review below...I will keep my emotions out of this review and simply state my experience compared to what I normally encounter when staying at the Hampton. I stay at the Hampton often. I am a member. This year alone, I have stayed at Hamptons in at least six different states and many more cities. I realize some Hamptons may be a little nicer than others but there is a standard most people expect when staying at one. When we first pulled into the parking lot from our 10 hr trip, we thought the place must be closed and had relocated to another location because there were no cars in the parking lot and there was scaffolding around the building and only a few lights on. We went inside and were immediately greeted by a friendly and courteous desk attendant. He checked us in promptly. The lobby looked nice, not fancy but nice. By the time we drove to the back of the hotel to park, my 18 and 21 year olds were laughing at the place and making jokes. I told them, "Tripadvisor NEVER does me wrong. With complete faith, I said, "you will see." We walked in the back door to the elevators and were hit with a musty smell like one would expect in a beach area at a cheap hotel. The black wooden doors to the rooms and the carpet both looked worn and cheap and like they hadn't been replaced since the 70's. Also, they have an advertisement playing over the sound system similar to what one would hear while at the gas pumps at a filling station. This is not on the elevator but thru the entire hotel. I could hear it all the way to my room but not while in it. The bathroom was on par with Hampton. It had been remodeled and was clean with nice towels. The rest of the room again, looked like it needed remodeling and smelled musty. The most aggravating of all was we booked two rooms. Both rooms were supposed to have two queen beds. Both rooms had two double beds or full beds or something. The desk attendant even said when we checked in, "Ok, thats 2 rooms with 2 queen beds each." I'm not sure if the manager is aware of it and doing it on purpose or if it was an honest mistake but there is not way those beds were queens. The hotel felt safe and the breakfast looks adequate although I haven't eaten it yet. I have stayed at hotel that are renovating before, but this is unacceptable IMHO.

Overall, Had I not already driver over 10 hours to get here, I would have left and found another hotel. Once I cleared the lobby, I felt like I was staying at an outdated Econolodge or a home that is advertised as a "real fixer upper". Once they finish remodeling, it will probably be a nice place to stay. But to pay this price for this quality with the hotel in this condition makes me feel as if I am being taken advantage of while the hotel gets its self together.

I am surprised to admit my fellow TA reviewers (Except Kellie S) did not mentioning the renovations and lack of Hampton Quality. Maybe they don't normally stay at Hampton and know what to expect.

Room Tip: Make sure you are far away from the elevators unless you want to hear the service station advertisem...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stickman9
Deborah S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sevierville, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Dear Stickman9,
I am sorry that you had a less that satisfactory stay during your last visit. I want to introduce myself, I am the new general manager here at this hotel. I wanted to let you know that we have completed renovations to our building, we have a heated indoor pool and more upgrades are coming this winter. All of the issues you had are going to be changed during that time. I would love to have you and your family come back to visit us and experience why we are the Best in Southern Hospitality. I am sure that you will become a loyal guest of ours like so many others. This time your children will be laughing with joy at how wonderful your experience has been.
Deborah S.
Bartlett, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2013

All indoor amenities made this a welcome location. The staff was helpful with local recommendations and offered any assistance necessary to advise of direction. The breakfast wasn't the best we've experienced nor the worst by far.

blountsville, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

the staff seems to be a little stand offish. but the day was very rainy. both days the rain fell but we were very dry and warm in our room so you see everything was okay. the staff, except for one was very nice and very helpful. there is not any motel that serves breakfast like hampton. the cost of the motel went from $89.00 to $99.00 just because of being able to cancel. that is very tacky. the reason that i am writing this information here is because if i wrote it to hampton they would never get back to me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Knoxville, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The hotel was undergoing renovation but it felt dirty and old. We have always stayed at Hampton Inns and even when they were under reno, they were not this sad. Staff was excellent but rooms were no better than a much cheaper hotel. Disappointed in our stay and should have payed much less and stayed in another area hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Somerset, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were very pleased and had a very pleasant stay. The front desk clerk was extremely nice and friendly. He was very helpful in suggesting places to eat as well as attractions to visit. We have always found Hampton to be a very enjoyable place to stay and especially at this hotel.

Wingate, North Carolina
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was our first time staying here and we had a most pleasant experience. The hotel was very clean, quiet, and friendly. The breakfast was very good and hot. The only problem we experienced was that we had asked for a wake-up call on the morning we had to be somewhere at a specific time and the front desk failed to set the alarm. Other than that, it was a great place to stay. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends