“Probably one of the worst Hampton's we've ever encountered”

Hampton Inn Sevierville
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Probably one of the worst Hampton's we've ever encountered”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We checked in rather late at about 11 pm and had a room with two doubles reserved. The Clerk looked like he has just woken up and pulled his shirt out of the hamper. None of the usual niceties of being a HHonors member. No welcome, no cookies, no water..

We got to our room and it reaked of cigarette smoke. I went back to the desk to see about getting another room and was told there were none. He offered us the "Whirlpool" suite what would work with the single bed. Besides, I checked out the "suite" and it was on the main floor next to the office and smelled as if had been closed up for weeks. Musty and very hot.

Our only option was to leave, however with the kids, we couldnt do that. This is when it gets good. The clerk handed me a spray bottle of "Odor Out" or something like that and told us to use that. Really? Too make matters worse, the bathroom wasnt cleaned. Small curlies on the floor from guests gone by...very disgusting....

Anyway, it was late and we didnt have any other options. When I checked out, the manager was on duty and I handed her the bottle the night clerk had given me. She was very surprised and asked "Where did you get that" almost scolding me as if I took it off a maids cart. When I explained that the night clerk gave it to us, she was very surprised. She comped the room under the 100% satisfaction guarantee. I dont think we will ever go back to that Hampton. I guess there is a reason it is the cheapest Hampton in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank trintrav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Spent the last weekend of July here. The staff is very good. the only problem was the ac in the room never got the room cool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank homewood_traveler41
West Jefferson, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Welcomed like long lost friends, clean hotel, right at trolley stop and 2 good restaurants across the street plus star bucks. Room clean, bed comfortable, attentive and helpful staff. Sits right on the main road, so not pretty but its convenient. Breakfast average for the type, but was clean and kept stocked well. Indoor pool nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank fshwmn
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 27, 2011

VERY CLEAN, COMFORTABLE AND QUIET and everything I expect out of a Hampton Inn!!! My husband, daughter and myself are from OK and had been on the road for 5 days enjoying a cross country vacation. I made my reservation at this hotel online while we were in Richmond, VA. Upon arriving, the men at the front desk were extremely kind, helpful and accomodating at getting us in our room. The staff had our air conditioner on and room cooled, the room was comfortable and very clean. I am an extremely particular person when it comes to cleanliness and this room was top notch! The breakfast was great as well. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and its staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Whitsett NC
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were very pleased with our recent stay at this hotel to visit Dollywood. It is close enough everything that Pigeon Forge has to offer without being right in the middle of all the attractions. A very easy drive on a new road to Dollywood. The room was clean and nice, the staff was great and the breakfast is the typical offerings. The hotel staff was very responsive when extra towels were requested.

We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2011

The staff at the hotel was extremely friendly and we were greeted with a friendly smile. The desk clerk had a batch of freshly baked cookies awaiting us as we checked in, along with anytime we went through the lobby. The lobby seemed newly renovated and was kept extremely clean. The cleanliness of the lobby was also transferred to how the rooms were kept as well. We walked into our room to the fresh smell of bed sheets and a clean room. The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable and made it quite easy to fall asleep. On those nights that I could not fall asleep however, the nice flat screen tv and free wifi were able to keep me occupied. The location of the hotel is optimal as it is not too far into the busy traffic, but is still surrounded by great restaurants, stores, a gas station and a movie theater. On nights I preferred to stay in at the hotel, I was quick to hit the heated whirlpo ol along with the indoor pool. The pool is also well maintained along with the workout facility located in the same general area. Overall, my experience with the hotel and it's staff were exquisite and I would gladly return to this location for another vacation.

• Stayed June 2011
gorgeous hudson valley
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Sevierville just happen to be on the route we were traveling while we headed to Texas. We picked this location as an overnight stop because it was 'close' to a Minor League Ballpark where the Tennessee Smokies play. We had no idea we were roughly 20 minutes (depending on traffic) outside of "DollyWood". The hotel is located up on a hill and adjacent to Smokies Park, some rooms have views of the ball park. Since we were also stopping here on our return trip, we requested a ballpark view on our return.
The hotel has 4 floors, and outdoor pool and exercise room. The business center is just off the lobby. The breakfast area is large and very accommodating. There is a fireplace/TV with a couch and some easy chairs that also makes for a great little get-together area. I liked the 'what to do' board in the lobby, it gave a weeks worth of where to go's and what to do's and offered some restaurants in the area.
Our room was a Jr Suite which included a wet bar and extra room in the living room. I've got to say, both times we stayed here (which was within 8 days of each stay), the staff was great. Special thanks to Sean who made sure we got the room we requested on our return trip.
There is no shortage of hotels around the area, especially with DollyWood being so close. The hotel is located just off the highway...comfortable, cookies waiting and attentive staff makes this Hampton Inn a 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple