“A good time waster..” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smoky Mountain Knife Works

Smoky Mountain Knife Works
Ranked #1 of 45 Shopping in Sevierville
More attraction details
Owner description: The World's Largest Knife Showplace and much more. We carry a variety of products: knives, tools, housewares, kitchen cutlery, apparel, collectables, firearms, military surplus, and other outdoors related products. In our store you can also find the following: museum-style displays which detail some of the history of cutlery, a housewares department, relic section, and areas geared towards kids. We also sell a small selection of refreshments so feel free to stay awhile!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A good time waster..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

If it is a rainy day this is a good place to go. My entire family LOVES this place, but my husband and I thought it was just ok. It has a lot of stuff to look at and not all of it is of very high quality. I also saw some decor I bought at Bass Pros shop and it was 2-3 dollars more than what I payed.Not a lot of their knives are good price so buyer beware! Really do research before your purchase. Of course you can find a really good deal but it's kind of like flea market shopping in my opinion. My other complaint is It is so crowded with stuff that I could not get my small single travel stroller through a lot of the aisles. So we only really go if we have nothing else to do.

Visited December 2012

Lima, Ohio, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good fudge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband was looking for a matching set, and they only had one in stock... And it didn't even come with a box :( after looking at every single knife in the store, he settled on the one with no box... And didn't get a matching one. It's a huge store, with tons of knives though, so you can probably find what you want if you don't have something specific in mind.
On the plus side, they have great fudge that's half the cost of all other places!

Visited March 2013
Paris, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great unexpected afternoon attraction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband found this store on the internet, and thought it might be neat to stop in for a few minutes to check it our while we were visiting Pigeon Forge, TN. We were pleasantly surprised that this store was really more of an attraction, ended up staying for 4 hours!!. It had something for the whole family, and with free admission! There was a lot to look at! I personally loved the kitchen section, and was impressed by all the unique gadgets. My son, 3, loved the toy displays scattered throughout the store. We will definately be returning next year!

Visited February 2013
cincinnati, ohio
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 275 helpful votes
“Best there is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

If its got a blade, its probably here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, that's one of the problems with the place - there's just so much here that its tough to really look over what's there without spending all day - particularly if the missus is waiting. However, I've never had a problem getting help from one of the employees to narrow down what I'm after, although you may have to wait a few minutes until they get free from another customer.
I'm old enough to remember when the owner was a catalog business, working I'm told, out of his house - and he still had anything you wanted. Then along came the Internet and !!Blooey!!!! he opens this place on Rte66 at the French Broad River Bridge.
So, if you're in need of a new pocket knife, a hunting knife, or a cutlery gift fotr the missus, this is the place for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank bassbum
Murphy, North Carolina
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Largest anywhere!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville, TN is a wonderful place to spend time shopping. They have loads of knives and outdoor equipment. Their building is 3 levels and there is a lovely waterfall and indoor river running through the facility. You could spend hours looking at all the merchandise - priced from the very affordable to the very pricey. Collectables of all kinds, for both men and women. Truly worthy of a stop by!

Visited November 2012