“Pretty neat”
Review of Forbidden Caverns

Forbidden Caverns
Ranked #6 of 92 things to do in Sevierville
Reviewed June 23, 2013

$14 Adults, $8 Children 5-12, 4 and under FREE! It was about an hour long tour. They stop and tell you about the caverns every 50 feet or so. The floors are wet and a little uneven at places. If you are tall, you will have to watch your head. They call it a "mildy strenuous cavern". It was very pretty. Over all it was worth the money and my 4 year old and 16 year old liked it.

1  Thank Cassie V
Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)
All reviews
"great place to visit"
in 20 reviews
"worth the trip"

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I decided to check out the caverns because it was rainy. Not to far of drive and worth it. $14 per person was well worth it. We were taken on guided tour deep under the mountains. I believe we were about 300ft under the mountains. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and made the trip fun. If it's raining where a rain jacket or poncho because you will get a little wet. Got some great pictures. Very fun!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The tour is about an hour and very affordable. The cave is a bit chilly, but I was fine in a tshirt and capri's. The tour guides were very informative. Very interesting to see. Definitely glad we put this on our to do list this trip! The caverns are about 30 minutes off the beaten path but it is a nice country drive.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was on vacation with family in Pigeon Forge and we drove past Forbidden Caverns on the way into town and driving to the Pigeon River for a rafting trip. We had a free afternoon and decided to visit the caverns. It was a very nice excursion and I'm glad we fit it in. I've been in many caverns but mostly flooded ones (scuba diving). This cavern was very interesting. Being under a mountain it had much higher vertical crevice features than I typically see in Florida caverns. Also it has an amazing underground river. The tour passage runs parallel to this river in a couple of locations and it's cool to see the water running over small rapids and waterfalls underground.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The walk down into the caves takes about an hour, but the narration makes the trip seems much faster. We enjoyed the stories of Indians and moonshiners who occupied the caves, as well as the scientific aspects of cave life. The price of admission was fair. The drive from Pigeon Forge through the mountain roads probably took about a half hour. We combined this with the Bush Bean Visitors Center which is further down the road a bit, a free attraction. Enjoyed both of these very much and both kid friendly. If you have an infant or toddler, have a back or frontpack for them as strollers would be impossible to use in the caves.

2  Thank dikline