“Interesting adventure” 4 of 5 bubbles

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Interesting adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This was my first time to visit an underground cavern and it was a lot of fun. Didn't like the high price tag that went along with it but I have check something off my bucket list. Wouldn't do it again as one cavern is the same as another.

• Polish first
Gatlinburg
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great cave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great cave, a little far out but well worth the drive. Very resonable prices, beautiful cave fun tour. great for all

Visited May 2012
1 Thank amandaogle
Peoria, Illinois
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A gem from my childhood that I shared with my children”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I loved our recent visit to the Forbidden Caverns. It was my first time there with my children (6 and 12 year old boys). My younger son enjoyed the tour but his older brother wasn't that impressed. What can I say? It is the day and age of technology and the most advanced technology was a recorded story and a light show on the rocks. The older boy also informed me that he couldn't get a signal on his cell phone while underground. I really enjoyed the tour as did my parents. The 6 year old loved the bats and salamanders. He became a little anxious at times when the lights were turned off so keep little ones close at hand.

There are a lot of stairs and climbing of steep inclines to do so be sure you that are fit enough to manage the tour. It is also about 54 degrees year round in the caverns so be sure to take a jacket.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank thiery688
Marietta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great intro to caves for young ones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This cave was a great experience for my 9 and 6 year old. Neither of them had been to a cave before, so this was a very doable tour time, taking just over an hour to complete. Our tour guide was great, and really made it interesting and only slightly cheesy (only really talking about the short light show--the rest was excellent). Our kids were completely enthralled by the whole thing. Everyone on staff were very friendly as well.

There are coupons for this place in many of the books. $1 off per adult. Not much, but any little bit helps.

Also, I have to add--the bathrooms (located in a separate building in the parking lot) were very clean!

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Smaller but still nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Tickets seemed very reasonable. I've been in several caverns and this seemed to be one of the smaller ones in the area. Our tour guide was wonderful.

Visited October 2012