“Stay here only if you have tooo......”

Southwood Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Selmer
Southwood Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Selmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We needed to stay in Selmer for two nights. I have stayed at the Americas Best and it was rather loud and roudy. I felt this was a safer hotel and I was traveling with my daughter and her two kids 8 & 10.
The room was filthy, bed spreads were sticky, bathroom had dead bugs behind the door and toilet. We went to walmart and bought some sheets, candle, disinfectant. After the first night we returned to our room and they had only replaced our towels, still a dirty room. I told the front desk when I left about our stay and her reply was : we only change the beds if your request it and she would inform the head housekeeper about the dirty room. I don't like to give bad reviews, but Tripadvisor is my way of making decisions and I have relied on Reviews from others.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Southwood Inn Motel

Reviewed February 16, 2010

If you are staying near the area, Southwood is the ONLY CHOICE. It is privately owned and operated, and that is nice. The owners go above and beyond to make this a nice hotel. It would be unfair to compare it to a 3 star or higher but for the area it is the best choice. The staff is so nice and accomodating. It is nice that a mom and pop hotel has microwaves and small refrigerators available, because the food selection around Selmer is sub par, unless you like fast food! I was able to find decent groceries and food at Super Wal Mart and had healthy nutrious salads and sandwiches thanks to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Travelbunnies
Reviewed August 26, 2009

This motel was recommended in Selmer. It was fine for one night. The staff are very friendly. There was a nice breakfast. The room was stuffy, but better after the air conditioner had been running. One pillow has plastic under the case so it made noise. There was plenty of hot water and good water pressure. A coffee pot and fridge were in the room. We had a good night's sleep. The pool needs a lot of work, but will look great once it is fixed up.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Travler50
Reviewed September 22, 2008

The management is nice, and the free breakfast selection is good. The rooms are inexpenisvely furnished sleeping areas with cheap towels. Our room was well used and appeared worn. The mattress was not comfortable. This motel needs a lot of refurbishing. It is an old and dated motel that is showing its age.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2008

If you are stuck going to Selmer, you might as well stay at the Southwood Inn.

It's pretty simple.

- Nice friendly service.
- Clean room with fridge and couch.
-Good wake up breakfast
- Free wi-fi internet
-Good cable service.

Look - you are in Selmer , Tn so I don't knwo what you would expect but this did the job for me.

The other place in town might be cheaper but.....

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank edved23
Reviewed June 27, 2007

I go to Bethel Springs, Tennessee which is close to Selmer at least once a year. When I'm needing a place to stay, Southwood is my choice. It is extremely clean. They now have coined washer & dryers which is so nice especially if you plan on staying a few days. The pool sits up on a hill & is so peaceful. It is set back from the main highway a bit so traffic is not a concern. I recognize some of the staff from previous years & you couldn't ask for nicer people. the complimentary breakfast is very nice. This is a place I recommend. Thank you for making my trip more pleasant

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank masta159
A TripAdvisor Member
Columbia, TN
Reviewed June 14, 2006

Wonderful place to stay. Came in for leisure and really enjoyed the hotel. The breakfast is awesome! Biscuits, cereal, fruit...will definitely hold you until lunch time. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selmer
Econo Lodge Corinth
Days Inn Savannah
Days Inn Savannah
#1 of 3 in Savannah
Shiloh Chennault Bed and Breakfast

Been to Southwood Inn Motel? Share your experiences!