“Just because your name sounds Cajun- don't make you a Cajun cook.”

Papa Boudreauxs Cajun Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Just because your name sounds Cajun- don't make you a Cajun cook.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

My wife and I and several friends.
traveled over to Fry and tried the fair -the only thing that impressed me was the fried catfish. Étouffée - not so good!

Columbia, Tennessee
“Expect what you get, and you'll be happy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

I always find that fault-finders with this restaurant are expecting/used to white linen tablecloths and/or "formal" dining. Hahahahahahah!
You won't get that here!
At Papa Boudreaux's, you get excellent Cajun/Creole food, in large portions (ask for a to-go box, and you'll get an extra meal for free), for a reasonable price. What you don't get is a lot of "formality". In fact, if you don't tail-gate in the parking lot with your cooler of beer/wine before your table is ready (it's BYOB -- no hard liquor), you've missed half the fun!
My last two inductees were a Toronto law couple whose clients include VISA Canada and NAFTA support organizations, and a midtown Manhattan "Big Five" attorney, any of whom can afford whatever restaurant anywhere they choose. All were positive. None are prone to inject themselves into an experience.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank oldrip57
Killen, Alabama
“Best cajun cookin this side of the bayou, I Gar-on-teeeeeee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

I heard about Papa Boudreoux's from a friend of mine who lives in Tennesse and was courious to try it, and boy was I extremely surprised. My family drove an 1 1/2 to find this and believe me it was worth the drive. I never thought being from Louisiana I would ever find cookin like mom used to make back in the swamp lands of Gods country living in Alabama, much less tennessee but thats what you'll get. The place is not real big by any means, 8-10 tables at most but that really won't matter once the food starts coming out in bowls and platters that would feed those 350 offensive linemen on the soon to be # 3 time National Champion LSU Tigers in this decade. Food was unbelievably Great. We had Cassey as our server and I tell ya, she went over and above what most do to make us feel welcome and to make sure we were taken care of. Live music, atmosphere and food that will make you feel like well, your've died and went to cajun heaven, Papa Boudreaux's is the place for you .Be sure to enjoy the beautiful drive through Sante Fe, Tn and make a day of it. I Gar-on-teeeeeeeee you won't regrete it. This resturaunt is all that and a bag of chips!

• Visited April 2011
Nashville, TN
“Very overpriced for unimpressive food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

We planned for an adventurous fun evening at this small family owned restaurant with live music. The music was great - a husband and wife duo singing country music. Joel had a great voice and could hold his own with any Nashville guitarist. They were the bright spot in the evening. You would have expected Paps's signature dish of Red Beans and Rice to be excellent - it did not deserve even a "OK" rating. I ordered the "special" Chocolate Bread Pudding. I couldn't tell that it was bread pudding - just something sweet with a lot of fudge syrup. Two entrees, one dessert, and one iced tea came to $45 plus tips for the waitress and the musicians. We could have had a great meal at lots of Nashville's better restaurants for the same money. We had not even sat down before the waitress wanted our order - and we were the only ones there for quite a while. I was still eating my entree when she brought the check and set it on the table. Was it something we said or our out-of-county license plates?