“great atmospere and bbq”

Miss Annie's Beer Garden
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 22, 2011

its worth the drive!!! the steak, bbq, and ribs are great!!! great for a large crowd or just a couple.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

A friend of mine was recently watching “Tennessee Crossroads”. They did a segment on “Miss Annie’s Restaurant and Beer Garden” in St. Joseph, TN. The segment, as all of theirs are, was very appealing. On September 10, 2011, six of us drove from Nashville down to St. Joseph’s to meet two friends who had driven from a lesser distance, yet a good distance from there. We had reservations at 6:30 PM and arrived right on time. We were seated at a table to accommodate our group. In the back room, in clear view, was a party that we were later told consisted of sixty people.

Our waitress was very sweet and promptly showed up to take our orders. One in our group ordered SEVERAL Hors` d'oeuvres´ to be shared and all of us gave drink orders. She promptly returned with our drinks and ONE of the Hors` d'oeuvres´ was served in a timely manner. We then proceeded to WAIT!!!!! Since we are not a group hard to deal with, no one got upset although it was WELL after 7:15 PM and some were hungry. When our food did arrive, some of it was for another party and not ours at all. The first entrée was served to my friend across from me, a Rib eye steak. Only one small problem, he had ordered Prime Rib. The young lady apologized and he informed her it was “fine” and he would eat it. In fairness, they later brougt his Prime Rib in a box and did not charge him for it. Almost all orders were totally “confused” to say the least. Finally, when we did get our food and were eating, I looked to the other end of the table and my wife, who was sitting with the other girls and was PAST hungry, had not received ONE thing and the rest of our entire group were all over half finished eating. I went to the waitress station to inform her of the circumstances. She informed me the order had truly been cooked but was served to the “wrong” table. She had ordered a chicken breast with “grilled” vegetables. I think one will find those on the menu. Several of the girls order the grilled vegetables. They were “STEAMED” and FAR from “grilled”. To top that off, ALL of the girls said the vegetables were cold and not cooked in the center. Due to the mistake concerning my wife’s food, we were told the ENTIRE $8 would be taken off the bill. That was done. Frankly, I would much rather have PAID her whopping $8 and had her eat with us rather then being hungry and feeling like an idiot sitting there watching everyone eat.

The manager came to our table FOUR times to apologize for DIFFERENT mistakes that had been made. She informed my friend with the Rib Eye that she intended to serve everyone at the table a free desert to compensate.

When it came time for the desert, we were offered a choice of key Lime Pie or a Brownie. The waitress informed us that we may want to “split” a brownie between each two people who ordered them because they were “HUGE” and would be very filling. All elected to receive the entire desert to themselves as opposed to splitting it. The menu states that these come in a skillet, indicating the size. When they arrived, each was on a small plate and completely covered in whipped cream. There was only ONE bite of Brownie under each pile of whipped cream and NO skillet. A complete JOKE of what was offered but I assumed since it was “FREE”, they had saved a dollar.

Allow me return to the Hors` d'oeuvres´. A COUPLE of them showed up but several of them never found our table. The member of the group who ordered these had to go the waitress station to have these taken off the bill. When we had all discussed the travesty of the entire evening and driving 104 miles each way for the privilege of an entire fiasco, my bill was totally screwed up. I asked the waitress about it and she took the bill back. It was screwed up a second time and she took it to correct it. Everyone in our party had paid and migrated over to see the tremendous amount of draft beers they offered in the bar. That in it’s self is a joke because if one has ever been to a bar that offers numerous drafts, they will quickly see it is certainly lacking in standing up to its advertisements. My bill --, after having it returned TWICE for corrections, I sat and watched everyone else in our group walk into the bar and after five minutes, I asked the MANAGER if I could get a correct copy. In retrospect, I would just walk out and bid them farewell but NOT being a THIEF, I did the right thing. When the manager finally returned with my corrected bill, I told her, “We drove here from Nashville and this entire evening has been a fiasco. You have done very little to rectify it. I have owned several businesses and this is poor customer service. I did not come here for a free meal but after all that has taken place at his table, if I were you, I would have informed everyone at this table, in light of this total ‘mess’, ‘we have totally fouled up this evening for this entire table. You all owe nothing. Enjoy the rest of the evening and I hope you will all come back to see us again’. Her response - She just stared at me as I signed my credit card receipt. I am 65 years old and due to my job, have been in more countries than most people would even believe. This is the absolute WORST case of customer service I have ever been exposed to anywhere on this globe. If this restaurant cannot handle a party of sixty and still serve the general public at the same time, they need to restrict reservations on nights when they host a party.

Rest rooms - The men’s room was immaculate. The girls could not ever use the rest room and had to stop after we left the restaurant because the floor was flooded.
This may not be an uncommon problem and certainly no cause for blasphemy, however, with all else that took place; it just added more fuel to a very unpleasant evening. I would think that perhaps an employ should check these facilities infrequently.

Now, on a more positive side, the waitress was as sweet as could be and was just as exasperated as anyone at our table. Secondly, I ordered a whole smoked chicken. It was delicious!!!!

I have not posted this to be obnoxious or vindictive. I just feel that Tennessee Cross Roads should perhaps do more research before expounding the virtues of these establishments. People do, as we did, pay attention to their program. They have totally lost credibility with me on this one. I also feel based on the information I have posted above, that this manager should be demoted back to rest room monitor.

Larry Wilson
Nashville, TN

2  Thank lw8pilot
Reviewed September 10, 2011

The absolute worst service we have ever had at Miss Annie's. Waitress was way too busy talking very loud and vulgar to men customers at the other table. Never offered to refil drink or serve another beer. Food was average at best. Atmosphere is above par, beer the coldest in town but with service like we received it isn't worth the drive.

1  Thank Jill207
Reviewed October 8, 2010

They have the best beer ever on tap! Woodchuck! Yum

Reviewed October 1, 2009

good food.........a little pricey, but worth it! we will go back again!!