Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Charming historic town with great potential

Rugby is a charming Victorian era village in the middle of nowhere. It is worth the trip out of the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
bigfanofoldccm
Maryville, Tennessee
Quaint, Historical, Laid Back

We are lucky enough to live in Knoxville, and a Saturday afternoon drive to Rugby is something we... read more

Reviewed September 24, 2018
Buckeye017

All reviews big south fork print shop swimming hole local artisans historic village harrow road cafe worth the trip special events general store walking tour library church homes tn schoolhouse nature browsing
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

This is a very small community a slow pace environment popular with retired folks. Beautiful Victorian homes and historic older buildings. A little cafe to relax and enjoy a meal. Some hiking trails.

Date of experience: April 2016
NewburyHouse, Manager at Historic Rugby, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Thanks for your review. We're glad that you enjoy visiting Historic Rugby.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

Lovely quaint out of the way town. Quiet and well loved by locals.
Nice place to stop for an escape from the technology world and to enjoy quiet and nature. Do not expect fancy.

Date of experience: July 2016
NewburyHouse, Manager at Historic Rugby, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

Glad you enjoyed your break from our tech driven world!

Reviewed July 13, 2016

My wife and I visited for our anniversary. We came years ago prior to most of the restoration. Many of the buildings have been restored. Stayed in the Newbury house. It was clean and very neat. No internet or TV. Just reading and playing cards after dark. The Harrow Road served good English food. Don't miss the walk to the Gentlemen's Water Hole

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed July 7, 2016

The houses were pretty in Rugby and there are a couple of shops to visit but I wouldn't allow more than about an hour in the whole town. They are a little snooty about taking the town tour. If you don't take it, they don't want you to be near anything in the town. Definitely don't try the Harrow House to eat, make sure you eat before you come into town or plan to eat elsewhere after you visit. The houses are quaint but you can just drive by to look at them.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank NashLover
Reviewed May 17, 2016

I went on a road trip to Rugby this past weekend. I enjoyed myself. The village is quaint and one can't but be impressed by the history of the locale. I would prefer that the tour was longer, but it is understandable as most of the buildings/houses in the village are private residences/owned. I would recommend that if you go, you go in the morning. I went later in the day and as I was driving home the same day I could not spend much as time as I wanted. I plan on going back sometime and going earlier in the day.

Date of experience: May 2016