Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
1880's English village in the hills of Tennessee!

We were staying in Huntsville so drove over to Rugby at someone's suggestion. What a quaint little... read more

Reviewed September 21, 2020
Jeana K
Martinsville, Indiana
A Great History Lesson

Our tour guide was Sue. She was very knowledgeable about the settlers and the area. Admission was... read more

Reviewed May 12, 2020
stevekimberlym
Pulaski, Tennessee
via mobile

All reviews visitor center swimming hole church service historic town harrow road cafe minute film special events step back in time general store gift shop english village grey gables library homes tennessee housing brooks
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

This is a very small community a slow pace environment popular with retired folks. Beautiful Victorian homes and historic older buildings. A little cafe to relax and enjoy a meal. Some hiking trails.

Date of experience: April 2016
NewburyHouse, Manager at Historic Rugby, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Thanks for your review. We're glad that you enjoy visiting Historic Rugby.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

Lovely quaint out of the way town. Quiet and well loved by locals.
Nice place to stop for an escape from the technology world and to enjoy quiet and nature. Do not expect fancy.

Date of experience: July 2016
NewburyHouse, Manager at Historic Rugby, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

Glad you enjoyed your break from our tech driven world!

Reviewed July 13, 2016

My wife and I visited for our anniversary. We came years ago prior to most of the restoration. Many of the buildings have been restored. Stayed in the Newbury house. It was clean and very neat. No internet or TV. Just reading and playing cards after dark. The Harrow Road served good English food. Don't miss the walk to the Gentlemen's Water Hole

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed July 7, 2016

The houses were pretty in Rugby and there are a couple of shops to visit but I wouldn't allow more than about an hour in the whole town. They are a little snooty about taking the town tour. If you don't take it, they don't want you to be near anything in the town. Definitely don't try the Harrow House to eat, make sure you eat before you come into town or plan to eat elsewhere after you visit. The houses are quaint but you can just drive by to look at them.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank NashLover
Reviewed May 17, 2016

I went on a road trip to Rugby this past weekend. I enjoyed myself. The village is quaint and one can't but be impressed by the history of the locale. I would prefer that the tour was longer, but it is understandable as most of the buildings/houses in the village are private residences/owned. I would recommend that if you go, you go in the morning. I went later in the day and as I was driving home the same day I could not spend much as time as I wanted. I plan on going back sometime and going earlier in the day.

Date of experience: May 2016