“Clean, very good place to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites Rogersville
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rogersville
Madison, Alabama
“Clean, very good place to stay”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed one night w/o a reservation. Had no trouble getting a room and using my AAA rate. The hotel was clean, room was comfortable, and breakfast was good. Because I eat low-carb I was glad to see bacon and eggs were available. The staff was friendly and helpful. No complaints and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Raj T, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rogersville, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Claudia,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean, new, well appointed, and presents good service. We enjoyed our stay and will return. We enjoyed the breakfast, but could not find any milk. However, that was our fault as we arrived late.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear TechGuy,

Fairfield, NJ
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while in town for business. There is a choice of two major chain hotels, this one and the other one I did not stay in (You can look them up if you are interested).

The hotel is well maintained, clean, and comfortable. The room I had was nice, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was spotless. However, the showerhead had two settings, dribble down the wall, and firehose blast. The TV was a nice, wall mounted flat screen TV. it would have been even better had it not been damaged and had vertical lines that blocked the right hand side of the screen. Neither was a big deal, and if I had stayed longer, I would have asked them to fix it. But since I was only there for two days, I lived with it.

The indoor pool was warm and inviting, the hot tub was also nice. The pool area was clean, if not a little sterile. The pool area could use some different lighting and some decorations to not make me feel like I am in a YMCA in 1965.

The service at the front desk was perfect. Friendly, well spoken staff took care of things the two times we spoke. Breakfast was decent....hey, it's not the Waldorf, but the food was better than most free breakfasts I have eaten at hotels. The dining room was clean and well lit with a nice TV to catch the morning news.

My main issue with this property was the cost. I paid about $100 for a room in a small town in the middle of the mountains. I paid less for a nicer hotel down in Knoxville that same trip. The two hotels here in this town know they have you, and seem to charge whatever they feel like, not based on what you are getting. I guess that is just being a good business person....but as a guest, I felt taken.

Lastly, the internet in the hotel was superb. The connection at the hotel was quicker than most big city hotels. That was nice change of pace. It made connecting to my office much easier than usual.

Overall, it is a nice hotel to stay in, just a bit more money than I feel it is worth.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RGoltsch
Dear

Vidor, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. My stay was very nice.
Beds are comfortable. Rooms are clean. Bathrooms are large. Decor is updated. Staff is great. Breakfast is ample and good tasting (especially the waffles! OMG...yum!)
Pool was heated and very clean.
Only complaint I can muster is the bedspreads. They need to be replaced with Duvets so the covers are washed between guests.
It looked like there was a blood stain on my bedspread, which was kind of a gross thought.

P.S. The view is outstanding if you are facing the road. It overlooks the highway and the whole downtown/park area, with a mountain range beyond that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear LoriDori,

Greensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was able to walk in and book a room for the night and the clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was very good for the price; large, clean, and comfortable. There is a pool, although I didn't use it. The complimentary breakfast was very nice, with both hot and cold items available. My room was right next to the kitchen, and some work was started there around 2 AM which was very loud and interfered with my sleep. If I return to the area, I would stay here again but request a room further from the kitchen.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Rhonda,

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while interviewing for a job, and it looked like a nice place initially. When we walked into the room it smelled like a 40 year smoker was cremated and dumped in an ashtray and spread though the room. We asked the attendant to change us to a nonsmoking and she said there were none available. There were 3 other cars in the parking lot...yeah right. The wifi did not work, and the pool was out of order. It was just terrible overall.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank tripsurmiser
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My business trips to Rogersville are reimbursed by my employer and I could stay further away and in a plusher and pricier hotel, but there is no incentive to. I have probably stayed here 50 nights over the past fewf years. Friendly staff, reasonable breakfasts and good, clean rooms where everything always works. The only niggle is that in a couple of rooms the shower faucets are plumbed backwards, with the cold and hot positions swapped - leading to a false impression that there's no hot water!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rogersville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square
#1 of 8 in Greeneville
Hampton Inn Morristown
Hampton Inn Morristown
#3 of 12 in Morristown

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Rogersville? Share your experiences!