“Outstanding spot for lunch, and I don't know.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Jubilee - CLOSED

Cafe Jubilee
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups, South American, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kingsport, TN.
“Outstanding spot for lunch, and I don't know.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

....how many people actually know about it. We stopped by here for lunch on the recommendation of one of my wife's friends, and we weren't disappointed. Located in an old two story home that serves as an arts & crafts gallery, the restaurant is open from 11:00 - 3:00 Tuesday - Sunday, and open until 8:00 on Friday. A variety of salads, sandwiches and burgers dot the menu, along with some sides, appetizers and desserts.

We started with an appetizer of "Hidden Treasures", which was basically four lightly fried dough balls with mozzarella and herbs stuff inside, and came to the table resting leisurely in some herb garlic butter. Crunchy, chewy, salty, sweet, savory, there were amazing. Probably should come with a Lipitor prescription, but still amazing. For the rest, my wife had the "Dagwood Gone Wild" sandwich with a side of home made mac-n-cheese, and I opted for the burger with the mac-n-cheese. The Dagwood was an apricot and jalapeno glazed pressed pork sandwich caramelized onions and a very good honey mustard. There were probably other things on it, but the only thing I can tell you is that after one bit, I knew what I was getting on my next visit. Flat out one of the tastiest sandwiches I've ever had.

My burger was enormous, perfectly cooked with cheese caramelized onions, and tomatoes so fresh that I can't figure out where they got them at this time of year. The mac-n-cheese was spectacular as well.

Be warned that the portions are very large, especially if you decide to go with an appetizer. We had to get a "to go" box, and I would imagine if you were going to do dessert, it would have to be as a "to go" item or maybe paired with an appetizer.

They had excellent sweet tea, and the service was very friendly and reasonably quick for the amount of customers at the time. Prices are more than reasonable for the quality of the food, as we got a ton of food for $28 including tip.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JDHoss

Knoxville, TN
“New cuisine being offered--Central American”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My first visit and I was told it had recently changed hands and the restaurant is being run by a family from Honduras. I had the special, pupusas, homemade corn tortilla stuffed with cheese topped with shredded cabbage and carrot, drizzled with a light dressing. Wonderful! Others in my party had the Cuban sandwich and Greek gyro and were pleased. We shared a piece tres leches cake which was delicious. Service was a little iffy; don't go if you are in a hurry. The other rooms of Cafe Jubilee are filled with local crafts to browse through and enjoy. Outside delightfully decorated.

• Visited April 2013
“Quaint and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

We have NEVER been disappointed by Cafe Jubilee. If you want a dining experience where you are rushed in and out and the food is reheated, go somewhere else. This place is perfect.

“Feels like you are at home, just with a personal chef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

My family and I love our Sunday after church trips to Jubille Cafe! Not only is it inside a beautiful house, it makes you feel like your right at home! We order the bubble bread, it is so good! Barry gets it out in a flash. Our food that we recived has never been bad. And the servers are always so nice and are always giving us what we need!

Morristown, Tennessee
“So Very Sad to Write This”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Cafe Jubilee was a gem of a spot that I had discovered last year and considered it one of the best in the area. I was very excited when my favorite Aunt came to town to share my find with her. We drove 30 minutes on a beautiful fall day to have lunch. As we were parking the car I sent my son in to go ahead a get our table. He returned a few moments later to explain that since we did not have reservations we could not be seated. I looked at the cars in the parking lot and at the customers enjoying their meal so I called the restaurant to make a reservation. The chef answered and asked if they were still serving lunch and he said yes to just call back and let the lady taking reservations take the call. I watched the front porch as a lady walked out and sat down and I called back. This was the lady that told my son sorry no reservations. I watched her run back inside and then my call was answered by the lady that was just on the porch. I asked if I could make a reservation for lunch and she explained that since they had been slammed at lunch they were not seating any longer. It was almost an hour before they were advertised to stop serving lunch and they chef had said sure just call back. To say the least I was disappointed after driving so far. I did find a lovely cafe by a creek that use to be a mill. They were friendly, could not be more welcoming and the food was delicious. I know where I will go next time. Very sad to be let down by my once favorite spot.

• Visited October 2012