“What A Treat!”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Morristown, Tennessee
“What A Treat!”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

After a chillly, fall morning football game my daughter, her best friend and I decided to hunt down Cafe Jubliee for a late lunch and to thaw out. We found the funky looking farm
house and decided we were on an adventure. We entered the house and were greeted with a warm hello and seated in a cute dining area. There were lots of unusual (or exotic as my daughter's friend phrased it) gft items to browse as we waited for our meal. The menu consisted of sandwich options, salads, quiche and soups. I had the burger special of provolone and grilled onions (great price) and the girls each ordered a different sandwich from the menu. One had the turkey (not deli sliced but chunks carved from a fresh bird) with cheddar and bacon and the other had the ham with chesse both served on a crossiant. Our meals came with delicious home made kettle chips and a salad with apple and broccli (none of us cared for the salad). I almost never order desert after lunch but their revolving treats were too tempting to resisit. My daughter had the brownie sundae, her friend the chocolate covered cheese cake, and I had the carrot cake (with enought to bring home for later). Everything was delicious and fresh and my fave desert we tried was the choc. cheesecake. Our waitress Amy was awesome and I can't wiat to take my husband on a date night very soon on a Friday. I will go back again and again now that I have discovered the rare gem in East TN. We did indeed have an adventure at
Cafe Jubilee.

• Visited October 2011

Schenectady, New York
“Do yourself a favor and drive out 11W to the Jubilee Gallery”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

In my humble opinion, the Jubilee offers the best food in Northeast TN and beyond. The atmosphere is great, the waitress friendly, and it's just so relaxing to escape the traffic and city-ness of Kingsport. You also get fresh food, with a great variety to choose from. The regular menu features a kind of gourmet country fare (including BBQ) as well as salads with non-country items like olives and artichoke hearts. There is a specials menu on a 10-week cycle, meaning that the specials for each day (Thursday through Monday) are not available again until 10 weeks later. The cafe is open for lunch only (11 am to 3 pm), as well as Friday nights until 8.
While visiting Kingsport from NY, I went to the Jubilee with one group of friends on Sunday 9/4/11 (ordering the huge and delicious Gorgy and Bess salad). It was so good I wanted to return, but my only option, before leaving the area, was the next day - Labor Day. I was afraid I was out of luck, but, lo and behold, the Jubilee was open, and I returned with more friends to have the daily Blue Plate Special (chicken salad on croissanr with bacon and cheese.) Wonderful as the entrees are, the REAL to-die-for experience is the desserts. Do not miss the chocolate-covered key lime pie.
If you are in Kingsport, I recommend that you skip the Eastman Road restaurant row and drive a little west to the Jubilee, just over the border into Rogersville. It's easy to miss the little road to the Jubilee - look for the first right after you pass the Hope Community Church on the left. I love the building that houses the gallery of local crafts as well as the cafe -- each pair of shutters painted a different color, dinner plates buried halfway to form a border around the flower beds. Before or after your meal, be sure to check out the galleries on two floors - paintings by the owner, Lorraine Brewer, as well as baskets, ceramics, jams/jellies, and textile goods. The total experience is very pleasant.

• Visited September 2011
Johnson City, TN
“Can't believe I've been missing out all these years!”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I took my mom here for her birthday, and it's probably the best meal we've ever had at a restaurant together. I had the meatloaf blue plate special and my mom had the bbq sandwich plate, both were excellent. The bbq sandwich was enough for 2 meals. The service was excellent and the guy serving us was so personable. He really took the time to explain the menu and how things were prepared, and they have really good reason to show that much pride in their food because it was so good! We had the fudge nut brownie sundae for dessert and it was heavenly. Normally I never splurge on desserts at restaurants, but this was worth it. I can't believe I've lived in the area for so long and had never eaten there. I've been missing out!

• Visited July 2011
Rogersville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best place to eat!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I have ate here for lunch several times and have loved everything i have ate. The best time i ate was last friday evening with my husband. We ate here for dinner for the first time and it will not be our last. I had the steak and my husband had the salmon. My steak was so big, juicy, and omg good. He loved his salmon and soup also. Ed was our waitor and he did an excellant job as always. We also had a piece of death by chocolate cake which is the best cake i have had!! I am so glad we came here for dinner instead of going out of town. I know i would have been disappointed if we did go out of town and eat since the food would not be as good and it would have costed us more. We will be back again soon for dinner since I have found the best place in the world to eat- no matter what it is. Thank you again for serving us!!!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank HBSF
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Worth the drive.”
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My husband and I ate here on a Saturday afternoon and it was well worth the drive. I had the Crab and ARtichoke Quiche and my husband had the Chicken Sandwich. Mine came with the best fruit Ive had a in a long time and my husband had the sweet and salty chips. The sampler plate had a pumpkin muffin and cornbread salad... delicious! Everything about this place is unique and wonderful. Great place to spend a Saturday afternoon, but expect a crowd and enjoy the unique seating.

• Visited February 2011