“A Very Positive Experience”
Review of Hale Springs Inn

Hale Springs Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Rogersville B&B and Inns
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“A Very Positive Experience”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We recently held a post wedding reception at Hale Springs Inn for our son and new daughter in law. Their destination wedding in Cancun was not ideal for our elderly family members who do not fly or travel long distances. Rogersville was the perfect spot and Hale Spring Inn did a wonderful job with accommodations and food. I have no complaints about our venue. My 80 plus guest were delighted with the food, the flowers, the rooms and the staff. I heard only rave reviews from my guests.

The Inn is very attractively decorated; the town is charming and very walkable; and the food was excellent. The staff made us feel very welcomed; they answered all our questions; told us great history stories of early settlements to the area; and encouraged us to explore. I will also mention the Amis Mills Eatery nearby. This was a charming find if you are looking for an authentic East TN place to eat. The mill dates back to 1700's. My guest were thrilled with this spot.

Room Tip: Book a room toward the back of the hotel. Sometimes traffic noise can be heard in the front rooms...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Earlier today the manager of Hale Springs called my wife to offer solution and amends regarding a disgruntled wedding guest from our wedding that the Inn had just recently hosted. The guest had left a negative review, without ever staying at the hotel.

When I read the review and realized whom wrote it, I felt let down. Here the manager was calling because she wanted to give this person who wrote the negative review some sort of compensation to ease the matter. I couldn't help but to feel offended after what the Inn staff, including the manager whom went out of their way to accomodate our party of guests.

We had our wedding at the Hale Springs Inn on June 12, 2011. Our wedding was the first that the hotel had hosted since it's re-opening. We had chosen Hale Springs Inn for several personal and special reasons. My wife had grown up in Rodgersville during the early 80's. It was my suggestion when we first started dating that we revisit Rodgersville to lay some painful memories to rest and build some new and happy ones from the same foundation.

We stayed at Hale Springs during our prior trip to Rodgersville and we fell in love with it. It was intimate, warm and fostered some sort of alluring colonial-pioneer aura. Most of the rooms have housed many important people from the past including early American Presidents. You can't help but to feel like a part of the place when you stay, especially at night, when you decide to take a stroll down through the floors making your way to the gazebo.

My wife and I could have flown every one of our guests to someplace considered "High End", Fed them, entertained them, etc. We wanted our wedding to be part of our renewed past, in a place that we had shared and faced some long dead memories. It was meant to be personal, shared with close friends and family, not the MGM Grand.

It is exactly what we expected and wanted. Everything that was logistically "Challanged" was my fault. Considering the inn's small compliment of employees, which is common at a bed and breakfast, I am very happy with their service. They didn't feed our guests because we hadn't told them to, we were outside being photographed! We hadn't planned an intermission for the wedding in between events. Everyone that wanted to be positive had a great time, we were there for the festive time and memories.

We are lax, our families and friends are lax, there isn't any need for the stress. It was two brothers who were doing the serving and cooking. They did fabulous every time we ate. The Inn and its crew hadnt held a wedding prior, they did a great job compensating!

The person didn't have a room because we had messed up. Not the Inn.
They didn't even come to any other dinner that we offered the days prior.
They were a little grumpy and left a nasty note that should be ignored.

Thanks,
Micah

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank micah80
Tennessee
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I went to Hale Springs Inn for a wedding. We arrived to discover that we did not have a reservation for our room. It's unclear whether Hale Springs Inn double-booked and they're the reason we didn't get to stay with our friends for their wedding or if our friends neglected to hold the room for us. We returned the next day for the wedding. The bed and breakfast seemed very ill prepared for hosting a wedding. One of the workers commented to me while I was seating myself for the wedding dinner, "We're not usually open on Sunday." We were all very hungry and trying to get bread to stave off hunger was not happening. After a longer wait, someone else asked if we could get served our salads and the waitress said she would not serve anyone until the bride and groom arrived. When the bride and groom arrived they asked why we weren't eating food. When our salads came, the orders were wrong. When our dinner came, our dinner orders were wrong and one person had to wait 20 more minutes for a rare steak.

Each time I walked in the door, staff seemed to be disinterested and typically disappeared. I wasn't impressed. However, I did get to see some of the rooms that me and my husband didn't get to stay in and they looked nice. However, I would not pay what they were asking for a room per night considering the quality of service and especially considering the fact that this bed and breakfast is in Rogersville.

I think the problem with the bed and breakfast is they seem to emphasize their restaurant as upscale dining. However, the wait for service is very long and the quality of service is less than acceptible. One of my buddies said she waited for a long time to get served with dinner the night before because of having only one waiter on a night when they're typically open. She said the breakfast the next day was too salty. I'm glad my reservation was messed up.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank lilithmonkey
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Worth a visit just to see the extraordinarily beautiful rooms and furnishings, but don't bother to stay if security is a concern - the inn is un-staffed overnight and we were not provided with an after-hours number. After having to track down the source of a loud alarm in the middle of the night (an alarm clock in a vacant upstairs room), we were hoping to finish our stay on a better note with breakfast in the lovely dining room. Alas, no-one appeared to prepare or serve it. We waited 45 minutes after our scheduled breakfast time, then were forced to leave as we needed to get on the road to our next destination. Inn management responded to this complete lapse in service by offering us a complimentary couples massage at the in-house spa "on our next visit." Unfortunately, we won't be availing ourself of this less than adequate attempt to make up for poor customer service. We won't be staying at the Inn again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathie P
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 11, 2010

This hotel is so beautifully situated right in the heart of downtown, historic Rogersville, TN. I loved being able to walk along the streets. If you like historic, small towns, you will love this hotel. It's filled with history and beautiful furnishings to make you feel like you've stepped back in time to the Civil War era.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovingmommylife
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Our family had a wonderful time at this inn. The room was AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL! It is a very unique inn experience because of the history of this inn. It was exciting to share this piece of history with my children. They found it interesting that 3 presidents (Jackson, Johnson, & Polk) had stayed there. My family and I made wonderful memories that I will cherish forever! I loved this inn, and would definately stay here in the future. I would recommend this the Hale Springs Inn to anyone that is considering staying in the area!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank willisfamilyfun
knoxville tn
Reviewed April 9, 2010

This is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed at, we recently moved from calif, to tn so it has been tough, for the last year trying to find towns and places, we are used to the small towns, with lounges and hotels that are either in wine country or old towns, When we got there we went to the bar area, very different dry co wet co, whatever, we were met by a lady named Kim, she was totally the bomb, we really had no intention staying there, but after her tour, and seeing the rooms, that 3 president staid in and how nice everybody was, we decided this is it, the rooms are amazing the food awesome, the chief came out and even had a glass of wine with us...Very Romantic, and walking around the town was something i will never forget, you have to make a trip to stay here..it is one in a million..thanks to everyone there we will be back !!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rogersville
Comfort Inn & Suites Rogersville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square
#1 of 2 in Bulls Gap
#2 of 3 in Rogersville
Baileyton RV Park & Cabins
Baileyton RV Park & Cabins
#1 of 1 in Baileyton

Been to Hale Springs Inn? Share your experiences!