“service”

Cuisines: American
Description: Restaurant phone # = 931-657-2364
Description: Restaurant phone # = 931-657-2364
Reviewed July 2, 2013

we went to the foglight expecting the usual good food and service. it turned into the absolute worst service we've ever experienced. keep in mind the restaurant wasn't busy, maybe 8 tables going, it took 10 mins to be seated, 30 more mins for our drinks, 30 more for our salads and appetizers, (after asking many times), and finally the main coarse. every plate between the 4 of us was wrong in some form or fashion. when we said something to our waiter, he informed us that they had ran out of some stuff so what we had ordered had been substituted with something else, awesome. your paying top dollar for this food and service, it ain't cheap, and this is what we got. we've been going for yrs, but after tonight we will not be going back.

3  Thank 660jake321

Reviewed May 29, 2013

A secret in the woods! A friend has been telling me to visit this restaurant for a year. My husband and I finally went and we were blown away! Excellent food and wonderful environment.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Great service & great food!! Catfish, crab cakes & cheese bread were yummy! Italian butter spread was delicious!!! Will definitely visit again!!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I love the Foglight. I really do. But between the decline in the food (the grits are awful now) and the hour long waits to be seated, I'm just going for the Calfkiller, the Doubleknot, and dessert. Hopefully, I'll be wooed back this summer when the patio is open again, but the food and wait times MUST improve or you're going to lose a lot of your decade-long regulars.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've been a customer of The Foglight for over 15 years. I will dine there normally twice a month. The service and food have always been top rate. The owner is always there and makes sure the dining experience is quality. I've seen the owner on several occaisons come out front to the dining room asking patrons how their dining experience was and if there is anything that can be improved upon. During the warmer months, dining on the outdoor deck is an experience in itself with a great view of the river. If you have the chance, don't pass up an opportunity to dine at The Foglight.

1  Thank Martin P