“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Foglight Foodhouse

Foglight Foodhouse
Cuisines: American
Description: Restaurant phone # = 931-657-2364
Description: Restaurant phone # = 931-657-2364
Cookeville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've been a customer of The Foglight for over 15 years. I will dine there normally twice a month. The service and food have always been top rate. The owner is always there and makes sure the dining experience is quality. I've seen the owner on several occaisons come out front to the dining room asking patrons how their dining experience was and if there is anything that can be improved upon. During the warmer months, dining on the outdoor deck is an experience in itself with a great view of the river. If you have the chance, don't pass up an opportunity to dine at The Foglight.

1 Thank Martin P

Carthage, Tennessee, United States
“Cuisine on the River”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is not a fast food restaurant. When you go plan on making an evening of it. My family and I have eaten here many times. The food quality is first class. The wait staff always times our food so we finish eating salad or appetizers before our order is place. This way the main course comes out fresh and piping hot. The steak is premium, tender beef grilled to perfection. The cajun cuisine tastes like pure Louisiana. On occasion, we indulge in dessert and have yet to be disappointed. Most of the desserts are prepared in house by Pam and her expert skill. Melt in your mouth cheese cake, delicious bread pudding. Eating here always reminds me of my mother's cooking. The views are spectacular and the fire is always burning. The summer time can be crowded, so plan to spend some time. It's definitely worth the hour and fifteen minute drive we make to enjoy this unique experience. Great food should not be rushed, it should be savored. So grab a Calfkiller on tap and have a seat.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Melissa S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderfully Unique! Not to be missed.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Foglight is unique - you realize even as you enter. The atmosphere draws you in and the location is gorgeous. I love sitting outside - even when it is chilly.
The menu has many options - difficult to decide. Everything I have tried has been simply awesome. I have heard the desserts are wonderful - however am always full after enjoying the main dish.
With each visit the service has been great - typically with a visit from owner/chef Edward. The feeling is as if he is inviting us to his home - welcoming and comfortable.
A visit to Foglight is more an event than a meal. Anytime I have a special occasion - especially when friends are back to town for a visit - Foglight is always on the agenda. Never less than an excellent time - don't miss it!!!!

1 Thank Piper H
Cookeville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Resturaunt in Tennessee”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been a customer of Foglight Foodhouse since they opened, and my most recent trip for my Birthday was awesome. I highly recommend the Rock Island Ribeye(blackened) and any of the homemade desserts. Just a great resturaunt with a great atmosphere and a great staff. Can't go wrong!

1 Thank William Dale M
McMinnville, Tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Meal, Outstanding Service, Incredible Atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went to Foglight Foodhouse on January 26, 2013. We were a party of six. I got there at 5 p.m. since they do not take reservations. There were several large parties (one party of 14, another of 12 and several more that were under 10) waiting in line before I got there and this was before the doors were even open! Anyhow it took about 20 minutes for the waitress to get us seated but when we did get to our table everything was perfect. The atmosphere is one of a kind - a combination of rustic and eclectic fun.The service was outstanding, even though there were so many large parties and the food, as usual, was out of this world delicious! The desserts are all home made and I would definitely save room for some cheesecake or one of the many other desserts! After dinner we admired the view from the deck which offers a breathtaking view of the Collins River and the bridge that crossed over it as well as the rustic railroad trestle!

I would highly recommend Foglight Foodhouse to anyone who wants a delicious, unique dining experience. I would also advise being there when the doors open if you have a large party because it is not a large restaurant and they will have to make room for you as other guests are leaving. Although they do not take reservations, it is recommended that you call if you have a large party. Please check out the Foglight and enjoy yourself!