“Best Resturaunt in Tennessee”
Review of Foglight Foodhouse

Foglight Foodhouse
Cuisines: American
Description: Restaurant phone # = 931-657-2364
Description: Restaurant phone # = 931-657-2364
Cookeville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Resturaunt in Tennessee”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been a customer of Foglight Foodhouse since they opened, and my most recent trip for my Birthday was awesome. I highly recommend the Rock Island Ribeye(blackened) and any of the homemade desserts. Just a great resturaunt with a great atmosphere and a great staff. Can't go wrong!

1 Thank William Dale M

McMinnville, Tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Meal, Outstanding Service, Incredible Atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went to Foglight Foodhouse on January 26, 2013. We were a party of six. I got there at 5 p.m. since they do not take reservations. There were several large parties (one party of 14, another of 12 and several more that were under 10) waiting in line before I got there and this was before the doors were even open! Anyhow it took about 20 minutes for the waitress to get us seated but when we did get to our table everything was perfect. The atmosphere is one of a kind - a combination of rustic and eclectic fun.The service was outstanding, even though there were so many large parties and the food, as usual, was out of this world delicious! The desserts are all home made and I would definitely save room for some cheesecake or one of the many other desserts! After dinner we admired the view from the deck which offers a breathtaking view of the Collins River and the bridge that crossed over it as well as the rustic railroad trestle!

I would highly recommend Foglight Foodhouse to anyone who wants a delicious, unique dining experience. I would also advise being there when the doors open if you have a large party because it is not a large restaurant and they will have to make room for you as other guests are leaving. Although they do not take reservations, it is recommended that you call if you have a large party. Please check out the Foglight and enjoy yourself!

Cookeville, Tennessee
“Would visit again and again”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

As usual, great dining experience. Love the Foglight and worth the wait. If you want wonderful food in a unique dining experience take a trip to Rock Island. Make sure you have plenty of time because everything is cooked to order. We have been going for years, even when they were in their smaller location many years ago. Every time friends and relatives come to town we always go and when they come back that's the first stop they ask to make.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Foglight is a must!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I love the Foglight! Décor is cozy, eclectic, and warm, with twinkle lights and hints of avant-garde. The staff is personable and accommodating. Chef Edward is often seen visiting each guest’s table making everyone feel at home. We have November, December, January, and February birthdays in our family, and sometimes we make the drive to the Foglight to celebrate each one! Whether enjoying it’s frosted scenery in winter, or the beauty of it’s riverside summers, the Foglight is the perfect place for savoring yummy meals and making memories with friends and loved ones. Sometimes, they even have live music. If you are in the area, make Foglight Foodhouse your next stop. It is a treat every time!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to relax and enjoy company!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Foglight is my favorite restaurant! My family loves to go here at every special occasion or regular occasion! There are no reservations, and it can get busy (because its soooo worth the drive) so plan on coming early if you have a party, and go with the flow.
Good food takes time and if you take good company you'll have a great time. I've always had wonderful service, and the background music is the best anywhere!