“Beautiful snow and cabins”

Roan Mountain State Park
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful snow and cabins”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here with a group over the weekend, and the cabins were perfect! Just enough rooms for everyone, with a vaulted ceiling that made the whole cabin more open. The rangers center also had two sleds that we had tons of fun with! I was also impressed that even though they had about half a foot of snow by the time we left, the roads were all very well plowed. Our minivan with no four wheel drive had no trouble getting around. The trail we hiked by the river was beautiful, and we saw lots of deer walk right by our cabin. We would've liked to drive to the top of the mountain for the views, but the snow made that impossible (the last two miles to the top of the mountain aren't plowed, which is understandable since it's quite a ways up there). I guess we'll just have to come back during the summer!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank huchamabacha

Largo, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The best snowball fight ever!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The last time I saw snow, I was 8 years old (40 now) and my daughters this was the first time (17 &11). 1/19/13 was the snowball fight that memories are made of! The sales clerk helped us finfa place to go snow tubing (Sugar mountain or Beech mountain).

We went for a short hike that quickly turned into snow being flung from low branches. We made a little snow man and left it for others to enjoy.

Visited January 2013
Elizabethton, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rhododendrens were in bloom.”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My caregiver and her husband took me through the Park and up to the top of the "Bald". The last of the Spring flowers were still in bloom and the ride was real nice.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank SnowbirdBarb
TN
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Favorite stop in mid-June each year!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the rhodos in bloom at the park in June! The park is well maintained, clean, and a pleasure to visit.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank TNAnia
Kingsport, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One of my favorite places on the planet”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

One of my favorite places in East Tennessee. A great place for meditation. Beautiful rhododendron gardens and awesome hike on the bald. My favorite time, though, is winter. Take a 4-wheel drive as it is often snow covered on top, but this is an otherworldly place in winter full of quiet secret snow gardens among the rhododendron and wheeling ravens overhead.

2 Thank JamesWD