“Great Place for both AT Hikers and non Hikers”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roan Mountain
Mountain Harbour Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Greg and I stayed here on August 30th after AT Section Hiking in the Great Smokey Mt Nat'l Park. The Hiker Hostel in the barn was great and the hot shower was a treat. Mary's breakfast the next morning and their shuttle service saved us time! We had left our cars and Mary allowed us to shower and change before we headed home. I have much more AT Sections to do in this area and will gladly stay with them again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband & I just returned from a weekend at Mountain Harbour B&B. We reserved the Jefferson Room and it was absolutely wonderful! The room is so spacious! The king-sized bed was so comfy and we enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub, too. There is also a shower and robes in the room. We also made good use of the microwave and mini-fridge.

We were in the area for the Nascar Race.. Mountain Harbour is only about 40 minutes away from the track. This was the perfect place to relax before and after the race festivities. We sat on the front porch with our coffee in the morning and enjoyed the sound of the creek. There are horses, dogs, goats and a donkey!!

Breakfast was wonderful!!! Thanks Mary and Terry for the perfect weekend!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife & I stayed at Mountain Harbour when I was section-hiking a portion of the Appalachian Trail in June. Mary's breakfasts provide exactly what hikers need for a long day on the trail...lots of great-tasting food. We stayed at Mountain Harbour for six days and Mary never repeated a breakfast item. I found myself arriving earlier and earlier for breakfast - to talk with fellow hikers but mostly to see what we would be served that day. Terry has a vast knowledge of where the Appalachian Trail crosses roads in the Roan area and can arrange shuttles.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Mary and Terry are excellent hosts!! It felt like home. We received a two night stay from our daughter and son-n-law as a Christmas present. We decided to book a stay for our 31st wedding anniversary. So Amazing! Mary out does her self with the food she prepares for breakfast. The spread is incredible and has everything for everyone's palate. The old farm house setting with the creek running through the front yard is as charming as it gets and all the amenities are there for your use. We found a lot of things to do in the mountains even if we are not avid hikers so don't miss this gem! Diana and Jerry

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Mary and Terry are great, gracious, patient hosts for this Tennessee mountain retreat. It is both a B&B (in the house) and a popular Appalachian Trail hiker hostel. They really care for their home and their guests and it shows. And this B&B offers a real breakfast, unlike some that forget there are two "B's" in B&B. They also shuttle guests and hikers to nearby sites and trailheads. I hope to go back again.

One warning about Google maps. It may be fixed now (I reported it to Google), but Google maps put Mountain Harbour in TWO places, one it's proper place directly on U.S. Hwy 19E very near the North Carolina border, but also wrongly back on a side road in the little town of Roan Mountain about 3 or 4 miles away. So, beware Google maps.

Room Tip: The largest of the three rooms has a jacuzzi style bath tub large enough for two and faces the mount...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I found Mountain Harbour on Living Social, bookmarked it to come back to later and book a weekend getaway for my wife for Christmas. By the time I got back to book, the living social deal was gone...after looking at the reviews I booked at full price anyway and am very glad I did.

This place is very popular among the AT hikers, there were easily 20-25 of them each night we were there (Friday and Saturday). We were a little out of place seeing as we hadn't been hiking in the woods for a month straight but that was ok. We arrived Friday evening in time to settle in and relax a little. Got up Saturday morning to an absolute brilliant breakfast. Mary really knows her way around the kitchen, that's for sure. We did a little day hike on Saturday and were back in time to clean up and head to Banner Elk for some dinner. We at at The Sushi Club there in Banner Elk which was an interesting place with OK sushi.

Mary and Terry were very kind and kept a VERY clean house. Thank you for doing what you do we will recommend you to friends and likely return in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two night. Mary is the nicest person and an amazing cook!! If she offers to cook anything just nod yes and start doing some exercise so you can eat more. Rooms are nice. You might get a chance to speak to an A.T. thru hiker staying at the hostel or camping out on the other side of the great stream dividing the property. Doing this is on my bucket list so I find talking to them very interesting. P.S. Terry does speak :-)

• Stayed: April 2013

Been to Mountain Harbour Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!