“Paranormal most definitely, quaint, homey, simple, but cold!”
Review of Thomas House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Boiling Springs
Thomas House
Crofton, Kentucky, United States
“Paranormal most definitely, quaint, homey, simple, but cold!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I really can't think of any reason anyone would come to this little town unless you had family or a wedding to attend, or to ghost hunt. There is absolutely nothing else to do in this town! I come from the boonies, so I know what that's like. However, I came for the paranormal, and I was NOT disappointed! I can't wait to come back!

I gathered more paranormal evidence at the Thomas House in one night than I have in several others combined! I had a thirty minute conversation with mag light, another 15 minute one in another room, shot multiple photos of orbs, blobs, and one full bodied apparition!

The food was great, but the owners are like old friends already, on a first name basis, and this was my first visit.

The only negatives I have is that I nearly froze. It was unbearably cold all through the hotel. We were there in the fall, and I suspect the heat had not been turned on yet. It was 55 degrees in the sitting room at 2 am and terribly cold. The other complaint would be that the place is in dire need of repair. I noticed several places that, if not repaired soon, will be serious and costly in the near future. Worst of all, though, we're the noisy young not so serious ghost hunters. They ruined several attempts at Evp sessions, and I think they were drinking. They were very noisy.

I definitely got what I came for and most assuredly will be back SOON! Highly recommended for ghost hunters

Room Tip: Room 36 slants downhill. Turn your pillows to the foot of the bed so you don't feel like you ar...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mrsbrown1121

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at The Thomas House Bed and Breakfast on October 31, 2012. My daughters set up the trip for my birthday so there were 5 of us staying. We had a wonderfull time ghost hunting with Chad who is with Ghost Hunters. He took us around during the day and showed us all of the areas that have had some type of paranormal events. Then after dark we went to various parts of the house and spoke to a few ghost of the past and also the haunted church across the street where one of the ghosts pulled my daughters hair. Never saw her move so fast!!!!. Also I took 4 pictures outside on the hill and got some orbs in the pictures and my battery went dead. It is said the ghosts will drain batterys. My cell phone also went dead when I took pictures. The hotel is very old,very clean and the only thing I might suggest is update on the mattresses as they are a little worn but still slept well. The food was good will love to return again.Every one at the hotel very nice.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are on the second floor(no elevators) the rooms in the front of building are suppo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jaciet
Nashville, TN
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at the Thomas House on September 22, 2012 as part of the Ghost Hunt Weekends. It was fabulous! We had the best time. Remember this is a very old house. There is no "fitness center" or "spa" but it it comfortable and quiet. The rooms are nice, not overly plush. The staff and owners are so great. Very sweet and inviting. The grounds are so beautiful and there is plenty of seating outside. The ghost hunt was fun and Chad the host was so great. He really was good at making sure everyone felt welcomed. The presentation was very down to earth and it felt like he was talking to a group of friends. We enjoyed it so much we have booked another trip in February 2013. I am really looking forward to doing it all again!

Room Tip: We stayed in rm #19. It was nice, but there is NO tub or really a separate shower. The bathroom is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Thomas House Hotel in Red Boiling Springs, TN was a stay I will not soon forget. As a matter of fact it will remain in my mind and heart forever! I had the best trip there! The owners of the hotel and their family will teach you what true Southern Hospitality is all about! I would go back any day just for the food alone! Holy wow, can they feed you!! It was delicious! All homemade, served at the table, and very generous! They offered so much to choose from, not like the typical B&B with just a few blan, boring choices. I love that the hotel is from the 1800's. I love that period in time and if you do too you will love this place. If you are looking for sparkling brand new amenities, this wouldn't be the place for you, but if you are looking for a place that is rich in history, story, and character, go here. Thanks to the family for a great stay!! HIghly Recommended!!

Room Tip: Ask ahead of time about the rooms, they vary in size and bed number. Make sure you tell them what yo...
1 Thank Mosskat
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We went to The Thomas House for a paranormal investigation because we saw it on Ghost Hunters. I was very excited to get to actually stay in the place I was investigating. I was anticipating a very friendly and relaxing atmosphere and I was NOT disappointed! Evenlyn sat and talked with us and told us stories that were fun and interesting to hear. Destiny, our server for our meals was GREAT! She was so friendly and very attentive to our every need. The Thomas House is a very historic and interesting place to stay. Not to mention...being a bed and breakfast...we all had our own restroom facilities!!! If I had one thing to mention for an improvement it would be possibly look at new mattresses. Ours was way soft, but did not really affect my sleeping. If you want a place to get away and be taken care of...take a visit to The Thomas House. We will be going back!

Room Tip: There was not a pool or a fitness center, but did not want to rate it low because that is not a reas...
1 Thank cnieten
Lewisburg, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This past weekend we visited the Thomas House Hotel bed and breakfast with the Ghost Hunt Weekend crew to do our first paranormal investigation. We had an absolute wonderful time and the owners of the hotel were very friendly. The house was full of beautiful antiques and everything was very clean. I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone! The crew from Ghost Hunt Weekends were very friendly and very knowledgeable about the history of the home and the paranormal experiences that have occurred there. We had a great time :)

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at the Thomas House for an overnight stay last weekend with Ghost Hunt Weekends with a few friends. The place is amazing! It's like stepping back in time as soon as you enter the door. The owners and their family are the friendliest people you will ever meet, and they cook up some excellent food!

Each room is different. There are no two alike, each with many antique furnishings!

If you are looking for a place to get away from it all, there is no better place to do it than at the Thomas House!

I look forward to visiting again.

1 Thank Brian G

Been to Thomas House? Share your experiences!