“Can't say enough good things...”
Review of Thomas House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Boiling Springs
Thomas House
Lexington, Kentucky
“Can't say enough good things...”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at the Thomas House for an overnight stay last weekend with Ghost Hunt Weekends with a few friends. The place is amazing! It's like stepping back in time as soon as you enter the door. The owners and their family are the friendliest people you will ever meet, and they cook up some excellent food!

Each room is different. There are no two alike, each with many antique furnishings!

If you are looking for a place to get away from it all, there is no better place to do it than at the Thomas House!

I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brian G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Moore, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Thomas House recently and absolutely fell in love with the place.
We have never stayed at a place that by the end of our stay we felt like part of the family. The Cole's are so friendly and welcoming we did not want to leave. The food is excellent, and the charming history of the inn is mesmerizing. We loved listening to Evelyn,David and Darrell tell stories about the inn. We were there for the Ghost Hunt Weekend with Chad Moran and it was quite eye opening. What an amazing weekend adventure. We plan to return to the Thomas House Inn as often as possible and will recommend to all our friends and family.

Room Tip: The suite was an excellent room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Donette A
La Vergne, TN
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at the Tomas House for the first time last weekend. My friend and I went for a Ghost Hunt weekend. The place is older, but the rooms are clean and comfortable. The owners are helpful and nice...loved talking about the history of the place and the ghosts! Each room is different - no two are the same. Lots of antiques and things to look at. The food was good - buffet southern food.
The Ghost Hunt Weekend group was a blast! They were knowledgeable and ready to discuss findings and answer questions. It will be a weekend I won't forget!

Room Tip: Room 37 was supposed to be the haunted room. All rooms were small and comfy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Melanie M
Big Sandy, TN
Reviewed July 24, 2012

For anyone that loves history, museums and the ability to actually stay in a historic place, then this is a wonderful adventure...the ability to "travel" to the past. Each room is a bit different, with "themes." Each one has a totally unique Victorian decor to it. You are able to "visit" all of the rooms to see what they are like, as long as the door is open. Even when guests are there, they will many times, leave their door open to let you see what that room is like. There are so many antique pieces of furniture just lining the hallways, that it is an anventure just to see it all.
A supper meal and a full breakfast, is served, and at that time, one can chat with others as it is a buffet style meal. I found the people that were there to be very friendly. I was able to learn the history of the place, as well as the paranormal occurences. (We were also given snacks on the "ghost hunt" night.
Now, IF you are not there for the paranormal, don't let that frighten you away. This place is just something to see on its own! Nothing that might be there is going to hurt you! You just might hear a few sounds in the night...but that could simply be another guest. In other words, don't let anything scare you away from the experience of staying at this historic hotel.
I have only been there once, but I have another night booked that is coming up, and plan on staying 2 more times, in Oct. with friends. I would recommend this place to anyone.
IF you think you MUST have a TV, then be sure to ask for the suite, that has the king sized bed. There is only the one room with a TV, but there is a lounge that has a TV on the 2nd foor.
I think the rates are GREAT for what you get! No, there is no pool, no fitness room, but when a person is there for the "step back in time" then there is no need for that stuff.
I took my grandson with me (age 16) and he absolutely had a great time. Little children might become bored, with the lack of things for small children to do.
One has to realize that you are either there for the atmosphere, or the paranormal. To think that you can go on a night, (IF you have your own equipment) and get what all you get...a room...2 great meals...and the ability to roam the place all night...goodness...entertainment galore! What deal!!!!

Room Tip: I would not choose a single-bed room. (As in one double bed.) The 2-bed, rooms are SO much larger...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Diana R
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Thomas House several times and enjoyed every visit. The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated in antiques, and comfortable. I I loved exploring the building and hearing the stories from the innkeepers who live in the building. The meals are southern specialties, served buffet style, with a very friendly staff. Its a wonderful get-a-way from the hustle and bustle of modern life to a quieter, gentler time and place.

Room Tip: some rooms have tubs, some just with showers.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 655leora_s
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel many of times. The family is alway charming and love to tell the history of the Thomas House.
My rooms have always been clean and the has been great!

The ghosts of the hotel always seem to be out day and night. I've heard foot steps running down the hall way when there is no there and someone whistling down the white hall way. One top of that I have heard Sarah say "come play with me."

In all this is a great place to stay and investigate the paranormal.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Prettypoe
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Just home from my second visit to the The Thomas House and Ghost Hunt Weekends. My first visit was in April 2012 and enjoyed every minute of it with a group of friends. After sharing how great our experience was my daughter, she wanted to go also! The Thomas House is like stepping back in time with quilted bedspreads and lace. The owners are nothing less than fantastic and very open about their experiences and made the hotel open to wander and explore. Another feature that I need to mention is that you will not go hungry here...fantastic southern food! The atmosphere is one of a family working together to ensure they deliver a great time to their guests. Ghost Hunt Weekends, I don't know where to begin. Everything I read was right on with my experiences.Chad Morin shares information and previous pictures etc to help prepare you for the evening. He does a fantastic job of educating and leading the hunt in such a way that is not too much to handle as a novice. I will have to admit though, I am always a bit scared to wander around the hotel alone, especially to go back to my room to sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Angela M

Been to Thomas House? Share your experiences!