“Haunted and homely”
Review of Thomas House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Boiling Springs
Thomas House
Reviewed July 16, 2012

While the city may be lacking, if you are looking to truly get away and soak in history, this is the place to be. The food is great! The rooms stay cool, the owners are laid back and it stays quiet. Oh did i mention its haunted. Open your mind and try it out!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Xawakenerx

Reviewed July 16, 2012

It was a nice place. We went there for Ghost hunt weekends. Place seemed clean to me and the staff was really nice. Its kind of in the middle of no where but that just adds to its charm i think. There were a few rooms that were "cluttery" but those rooms wasn't somewhere you spend a lot of time anyway. Food was good and beds were comfortable to me. I'd go back.

2  Thank Jason A
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I have been to this bed and breakfast twice for the Ghost Hunt Weekends events and we enjoyed our stay both times. Our rooms were clean, and the owners / employees were really attentive and the food was really good too. It was kind of a good "down home cooking" type of meal both for breakfast and dinner. The owners actually help out with the ghost hunting and they also keep snacks out during the night for guests during the investigations. The building is really pretty and everything seemed well maintained to us. Even if you aren't going for ghost hunting, i recommend it just for a nice "getaway". We will be going back to Thomas House in the future.

Room Tip: If you are going for ghost hunting, check the internet or ask people which rooms are more active and...
1  Thank Renee A
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I've been to Thomas House on more than one occasion it is a nice place it's got some age to it but that's about what you would expect but the food was good the service was great people were nice and the rooms were nice it's a good place to stay If your passing through the area!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We learned of this hotel from watching on Ghost Hunters TV show, so I did some research and found out that a company called Ghost Hunt Weekends takes over the hotel on certain weekends throughout the year where they offer your Lodging, Meals, Ghost Hunting while being guided by the ghost hunters all evening. It really looked fun so we bought our tickets and headed to Tennessee! We have taken those ghost walks and tours before and that is kind of what I expected but this was a whole new level. When we first got there the town is VERY remote, there is nothing in the area but a few hotels, the hotel itself looked like an old brick 1800s style resort, inside, you can tell its old and reminded me of an antique store, quaint. The lobby smelled good like they just got done mopping or something. We were greeted by Chad from Ghost Hunt Weekends and he showed us to our room and walked around with us telling us about the history of the location we also met the owners Daryl and his mother they were very nice and hospitable. Our room was dated, but it felt like you were spending the night at Granny's house. The bathroom fixtures need a little attention, but everything was clean and comfortable. The beds were average, not a Holiday Inn or anything like that but I noticed that every room in the hotel was unique and had different bed styles. But the sheets smelled nice, so that was a plus. We had dinner in the dining room it was a buffet country style, very filling and good! After dinner Chad from the Ghost Hunters Weekend did a presentation on the stage and told us about ghost hunting then we went in groups of people guided by them and went ghost hunting, it was really fun, more than what I expected! We actually stayed up past 3:00am ghost hunting we were so excited about it. So if you are looking for a different and unique weekend this one is now on my list to make a second run of it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the old wing are decorated more nicely, but the rooms on the hallway with #37 are more haun...
1  Thank Tmech
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Let me start by saying that my husband and I have been excited to visit the Thomas House since we saw the episode of Paranormal State called "Room 37" as well as this past year's episode of Ghost Hunters which showed investigators finding substantial evidence of paranormal activity here. We have a disabled child, and my husband and I rarely get a night away. This was one of those rare occasions, so I looked up the Thomas House online and learned that they were having a paranormal investigation event. We thought the price, $200, was a little steep but agreed that it wasn't often that we got the opportunity to do something fun together. We live in Knoxville, so the hotel is approximately 2-1/2 hours away. Once we got off the interstate, we realized that we were driving through a ghost town (pardon the pun). But that was not an issue; we have been to many remote spots. When we arrived at the house, I noticed that the grounds look like they had been neglected for a very long time. Still, from the outside the house is beautiful. When we stepped inside there was an overwhelming, pungent aroma of mold and mustiness. We looked at each other with wide eyes meaning "seriously?" The Ghost Hunter Weekends host, Chad, was helpful and gave us the key for our room. No one at the front desk? He said he had not seen them all day. Hmm, we thought it odd that the owners weren't on the grounds, or any employees at all. We made our way up the stairs to our room where the strong, musty odor was abundant. I was so excited that we booked room 37, said to be the ghost child Sarah Cloyd's room. I only wish I had found a ghost inside instead of a filthy rug, trash between the bed and the wall, loose threshold trim and rusty, dirty sink. I tried to open a window to air out the stench, but they were painted shut. Ugh, I tried to focus on other things and read through a notebook next to the bed which other guests wrote details about their ghostly encounters in. My throat was swelling up and I was trying to cover my nose with my hand to block the smell. We decided to look down the hall to check for an odorless room alternative. We discovered black mold on the walls in the hallway and loads of ancient dust. We went outside to discuss whether or not we could stay in the hotel for the night without needing an albuterol treatment from my daughter's nebulizer. We decided that, though the hotel states that they do not issue refunds, we would leave and just go back home where we could assure had been cleaned within the past year. We talked to Chad on our way out and he was apologetic, but we NEVER saw a hotel employee during the 3 hours we endured there. This hotel has the potential to be a great full time "Dead and Breakfast", and I understand that the town probably only pulls in tourists for this attraction. But, if you don't have time to clean the rooms, don't rent them to innocent customers and then offer them no refund for your negligence.

6  Thank Chamfam
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just a little strange that the bad reviews are people that have used trip advisor and left favorable reviews before, but the only positive reviews are people that are pretty near to this hotel and have only one review......

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Debby L

Been to Thomas House? Share your experiences!