“Great hotel! Very comfortable”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville North I-75
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Powell
Center Point
“Great hotel! Very comfortable”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our way to Pigeon Forge for a family reunion. Got an upgrade to a two queen suite with a second room and pull out sofa sleeper. Worked great with three kids.

Hot Breakfast was perfect with eggs, sausage and waffles.

Great value. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel was about the same as most Country Inn & Suites in terms of cleanliness and comfort. No complaints. One minor problem with the shower, but nothing to say that, overall, it was Very Good. The real bright spot was the desk clerk who signed us in. What an incredibly pleasant and informative gentleman. I really enjoyed talking to him for the brief time I spent at the desk. Sometimes,, as in this case, an individual can vastly improve (or detract) ones impression and opinion of any cpommercial establishment. Overall, the room was clean, the beds comfortable and the breakfast very adequate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Orient
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was a very clean, comfortable hotel that was in a great location for Knoxville, TN. The staff was great, the morning breakfast was very good with the exception of the scrambled eggs, the bed comfortable and clean, and the bathroom clean with great water pressure. No sound could be heard from other rooms or the hallway with the exception of the shower next door and then only if we were in our bathroom. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There wasn't a restaurant nor was there room service, but the breakfast provided was very good...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ingleside, il
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stopped for a night here with a bus tour group. The previous hotels had all been great. We were disappointed with this one. The rooms were small and basic. The only blanket was a comforter with a heavy cover. Too warm for a warm everning, even with the air conditioning running. No comfortable chair to sit in and the beds were just okay.
Staff was nice and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank daisy41
Ithaca, Michigan
Reviewed May 1, 2013

After traveling for the day and ready for a relaxing evening and a good nights sleep we were pleasantly pleased with the friendly check in process and the upgraded room. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable allowing us a good nights sleep. We cannot comment on the breakfast as we left very early in the morning. Aubry's restaurant is just a walk across the parking lot and has a good menu to choose from and friendly staff. Country Inns and Suites is our top choice when we travel. This particular one is one of the best we stayed at during this trip and the proximity to the highway is a plus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I were traveling for a week this was to be our last night to stay at a hotel. We stayed every night at at different country inn and suites with no trouble . Arrived at this one along with my ESA dog and the man at the counter was very rude wanted to charge for my animal when no other location has. My husband had made reservations on line and had gone back in to make sure he wasn't going to be charged because we opted not to stay there and the desk guy told my husband to leave or he would call the cops and then walked out yelling at him as well. Over disappointed.

Stayed April 2013
2 Thank ESA-upset
cispowell, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville North I-75, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I wanted to apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. Our desk clerk was correct in stating that while we would gladly accept your ESA amnimal, we would need to have charged the pet fee for him/her. The Dept Of Justice does not include ESA aminals as part of the ADA which governs hotels. Personally I think they should and hope that they will change that in the future,

I do also apologize for the clerk threatening to "call the law". However, I overheard the conversation and am aware that the clerk did not say that until after your travelling companion swore at him. At that point, his options to "keep the peace" are very limited.

Lastly, I do hope that you will stay with Country Inn and Suites in the future- we would be happy to serve you.

Best,

Greg Barnhart

Travelers are raving about these Powell hotels

Haliburton, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions. Each time the place has delivered clean and modern accommodations, nice breakfasts and reasonably efficient service. Prices have also been reasonable - not the least expensive and not the most expensive. I think the Country Inn and Suites, in general, has found the best sweet spot for cost, service and quality. And this particular one falls in that category. Also working in its favour is its proximity to Aubry's Restaurant, just across the street, and to other places such as Ruby Tuesday's only a short drive away.

Although recommended, I don't consider it a five star rating, something I reserve for truly outstanding value.

Room Tip: Caution: if you opt to go to Aubry's, across the street, be very careful crossing Conner Road. C...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North
MainStay Suites Knoxville
MainStay Suites Knoxville
#29 of 86 in Knoxville
Best Western Knoxville Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville North I-75? Share your experiences!