“Not very nice” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Powell
Indiana
“Not very nice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

This hotel was not up to the quality we have experienced with this same chain in the past. The pool area was especially disappointing. It was cold and smelly. When your 7 and 9 year-old kids do not want to stay in a pool you know something is wrong! The room itself was just adequate.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank cb6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
middlesboro kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

After staying on three occasions in this hotel I received my credit card statement. First the charged me for the room which i paid cash for when i checked in. Then they charged me 100 dollars for a security deposit. They say i stole their pillows which i did not. When i called to resolve the issue i was greeted with rudness. Stay away from this hotel at all cost. The hot is luke warm at best. The pool has more chlorine than water in it. On top of this they will continue charging you credit card for whatever they can come up with. The holiday inn express is close to it and a much better investment. The furnishings where bought in a yard sale in the 70's. The free breakfast is crap on a plate. I even found mouse droppings behind the dresser. I repeat stay away at all cost.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank diddle13
cispowell, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville North I-75, responded to this review, February 20, 2011
I am sorry you felt this way about our hotel, We actually have new furniture throughout the hotel. Our pool is a saltwater. Our Hot Tub temperture setting ranges from 99-102 degrees. I had the pest control analayze your room, and could not verify any mouse or other pest findings. A majority of our guest enjoy our new breakfast.

Travelers are raving about these Powell hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

1. The Chlorine Levels in the pool are dangerously high. The pool is not cleaned on any type of basis nor is it well maintained. The owners simply keep adding Chlorine to the pool and the levels are poisonous. The water bleached my clothing, tarnished by sterling silver jewelry and took 3 showers to remove the Chlorine smell from our bodies. All of this in ironic because I am an avid swimmer (3 times a week) and my bathing suite is designed to withstand pretty high amounts of chlorine. When I went to the front desk to complain, I asked for the manager or owner. A young man said, my name is MOHET and I am the manager. I explained to him what happened. He made no apology...no I'm sorry...all he said is there is a sign. I asked him to show me the sign because we HAD READ THE POOL SIGNS before getting in. He took me to the pool and showed me a small paper sign posted underneath the Whirlpool Rules. We did not read the Whirlpool Rules because we never got in the Whirlpool. At this point I told him that while a sign may be posted what is evident is that the chlorine levels are dangerously high. He shrugged his shoulders. I then asked for the contact information of the owner. He gave it to me and then said, his father was the owner and out of town for 3 weeks (we did see his father later on that week). I then asked for the phone number to Customer Service. He gave it to me and I spoke with Brenda. Brenda called Mohet on the phone only he told her his name now was Dipal. So which is it Mohet or Dipal? He told me he was the manager named Mohet. He told brenda he was the OWNER named Dipal? Come on! The ONLY reason we did not check out was because we were attending a conference and all the hotels in the area were sold out. We will write a letter to the Children's Defense fund asking them to not recommend the Country Inn and Suites because the chlorine level is dangerously high.

On Monday (only reason I haven't sooner is because we have been traveling since this trip) will I find the phone number for the local and state health and human services and report them.

2. Each day our A/C was turned off in the room. We are paying for the room and paying for the air. Each day when we came in the room was stuffy and moist (carpet wet from the moisture) and took 45 min. to an hour to cool off.

3. The hotel ran out of toilet paper. We left one morning with one roll empty and another with only a smidgen left. When we returned that evening the cleaning lady had not replaced the toilet paper. My husband called down to the front desk to request someone bring some up. He was told no one could bring it up but he could come down and obtain some from the front desk. He changed from his pajamas back into this regular clothes, grabbed a bag (because walking through the halls with toilet paper when your not an employee is quite embarrassing) and went to the front desk. Where there, the front desk attendant had a Scott roll of toilet paper brought from the CVS across the street. She pull the toilet paper out of the bag and handed him two rolls. Unacceptable!

4. Each day when we were done with our wash clothes we placed them over the railing of the shower....below them were our towels (Mind you the body towels were VERY tiny and thin) we wanted changed each day. The cleaning person would take the towels and pile up the wash cloths in the corner. Each day she forgot to take them with her. So by the end of the week...nearly 8-10 wash clothes were piled in the corner. It was not until I put the wash clothes on top of the towels that she actually removed them. Each day she did give us new wash clothes but for cleanliness they should have been removed.

I understand that each Country Inn and Suites is independently owned and operated BUT the chain has a responsibility for upkeep to some standard when your name is on the outside.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Cortnee00
Manistique, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

Stopped on our way back south from a trip to MI. We were very pleased with the coziness of the lobby, the welcoming receptionist, and the library! We checked in later in the evening and were excited about the $10 discount we received! The elevator was very conveniently located, and there was a lot of tourist information which we took perused for future trips. Our room was VERY clean, internet worked fine, nice basket in the bathroom, good shower pressure, and comfy bed. The only complaint I have is that the computer chair in the room was broken so that it was so low I had to sit at an uncomfortable angle to use my laptop. I didn't get a chance for breakfast, but it looked like they had a waffle maker and some good stuff in there. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eleona01
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

We do frequent Country Inn & Suites, so we know some are better than others. But we will never stay at this one again. The room was dismal, computer chair was broken & the only other chair was badly stained. Breakfast had little to offer and the biscuits were like a brick, but the show stopper was the mouse droppings in our bathroom. Never ever again!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank studlyIllinois
cispowell, Dave, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville North I-75, responded to this review, August 4, 2009
I am sorry to hear this response about our hotel. Our hotel is routinely inspected and treated for vermin. This is the first claim of a rodent in the hotel since the it opened. We are in the process of renovating all of our furniture. Please check back with us when it is finished later this year.
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2009

We were on our way to Florida from Northwest Ohio and thought we would take a break from driving. We found this hotel right along 1-75 just before hitting Knoxville, TN. This is a newer hotel that offered an indoor pool, hot tub, and a continental breakfast all at a great price. We had researched other hotels nearby and this was the least expensive. The Country Inn had a wonderful view of the area high above the rest of the city. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The service was great, too! There are also several restaurants nearby. I couldn't ask for a better nights stay for the price. If we pass through this area again, this is where we will stay!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank yingyang10
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2009

We had reservations in another hotel which promised WIFI but did not deliver. We then called and were fortunate to get a room at this hotel. The rate was very reasonable and the room accomodations more than nice! The room was a good size and had WIFI. It also provided a desk in the room were we could work, as well as a reclining chair. The most impressive thing though was the staff and their service delivery. ALL were kind, respectful and helpful. Both of my children have relocated to Knoxville and I plan to return to this Country Inn and Suites again and again. Next time I will get a suite though, as they only run about $10 more per night.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
Comfort Inn Knoxville
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Central Papermill
BEST WESTERN Knoxville Suites
Comfort Suites Knoxville
Comfort Suites Knoxville
#27 of 87 in Knoxville
Baymont Inn & Suites Knoxville/Cedar Bluff

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville North I-75? Share your experiences!