“You never guess its beside an interstate”

Super 8 Knoxville North/Powell
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Powell
“You never guess its beside an interstate”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Happened to need a couple of nights on a budget in north Knoxville, and this property fit the bill for location and budget, but we were skeptical (as usual) on what the quality would be, knowing sometimes this chain has its problems, and the property is next to a busy interstate (I-75).

Needing the budget foremost this time, we chanced it. Glad we did.

Rooms were nice sized and very clean. Proof you don't need top dollar for basic cleanliness. The staff were all very friendly, further amenities that money does not really buy but are priceless. Our check-in clerk was friendly and even though the computer system lagged on him, he took it in good humor and got me registered with no problems. The night auditor was likewise very friendly and good personality about him when I needed an extra couple of pillows (yeah, its a budget bed, not bad but take a pillow, or ask the friendly staff). And when our room needed a light bulb in the bathroom, the room attendant immediately fixed it with a smile. At checkout, the clerk got me a photocopy I needed of a family document, no charge and friendly to boot.

The air unit worked well, the room was nice and quiet, well-lit and very safe feel to the place. Pool was nice and clean. Linens all clean and enough of them. And somehow, you couldn't hear the interstate nearby.

So, clean place, safe, comfortable, and friendly staff, for under $75. I've paid way more for way less...definitely recommend if you need an I-75 stop-over spot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ocala
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Very nice place. Large rooms, clean and clean smelling. Would give it a thumbs up to anyone asking!

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed previously a few years ago and only remember it was a convenient stop for our return trip home and had no complaints then. Glad we remembered this hotel was there as I had the best night of sleep over 8 previous nights. We were in room 125, 1st floor and the bed (king size) was fantastic and the room was extremely quiet. Not sure if the hotel was sold out but it was busy and yet quiet as could be. The only negative thing I could say is the bathroom/shower door opened toward the sink so if anyone is using that area, the door must stay closed. Just an inconvenient design. Will stay again if our travels allow for it.

Room Tip: For us, room 125 was great!
1 Thank keep-me-travelin
Tennessee
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The motel is just off the interstate and easy to locate. Fortunately, it is located off of a non-busy street, so it's fairly easy to get in and out off. Our non-smoking room smelled like old smoke, but we got used to the smell quickly. The room was fairly large, containing a pull out couch, coffee table, microwave and refrigerator. The bed was decently comfortable. However, we were unable to adjust the volume on the TV and I was unable to turn it off when retiring for the night! The continental breakfast was OK but enough for us considering we would eat lunch early. You kind of get what you pay for, but I probably won't stay there again on my next trip to Knoxville!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North
#30 of 86 in Knoxville
Comfort Suites Knoxville
Comfort Suites Knoxville
#29 of 86 in Knoxville

Been to Super 8 Knoxville North/Powell? Share your experiences!