Holiday Inn Express & Suites Knoxville-North-I-75 Exit 112
$43
$94
$47
$51
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast barcinnamon rollsroom was cleanparking lotan overnight stayfree wifiacross the streetplace to eatclose to downtownhealthy optionsgreat friendly staffmini suiteking roomwelcome centerliquor storenearby restaurants
Reviewed October 8, 2009

As others have commented, uopn check-in I had to chnage rooms two times because of the smell. This property NEEDS renovation. Old pillows, old tvs, broken hangers are some of the issues. Also, A/C vibrates, phones connectivity, tub faucet drips. Houeskeepers need to be trained not to yell at each other in the hallways when cleaning rooms--guests might be resting or working!! Quality control??

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2009

The GOOD: The hotel is in a great location with restaurants nearby, not far from Knoxville, close to the interstate, has a variety of cable stations & quiet.
The BAD: The hotel smells from top to bottom (even the lobby), the rooms are extremely humid, the carpet is old & smells. Bathroom is in need of renovation & the water smells. The breakfast leaves much to be desired. If you stay here, take a can of disinfectant spray.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2009

This hotel needs to be renovated. The carpet was worn and needs to be replaced. That is something that I'm very picky about. The hotel overall wasn't horrible, but I've definitely stayed at nicer Holiday Inn Express hotels. If I were traveling through this area again, I would probably choose another hotel next time.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2008

I don't know where to begin but I'll try.FIRST the bath tub was filthy had big chips in it.The internet was out of order.2nd the ice machine was out of order.3rd NO HELP UNLOADING SUITCASES forSENIORS,You're on your own...The so called free breakfast was made of powdered orange drink,the scrambled eggs were ????,the cinnamon rolls were overbaked.
Don't expect any kind of service here whatsoever.

We visited july17,2008

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 18, 2008

My husband & I spent two nights here when in town for a friend's wedding. We chose this property because it was recommended to us by the bride and groom due to its age (quite new) and proximity to wedding events. We booked our executive suite (they called it a jr suite upon check-in) through the HI Express website through their Advanced Purchase option, but they did not charge my card until we had left.

Check-in was a breeze. We arrived right at check-in time, so the only delay was making certain that our room was ready. We got the room location we specified - top floor, away from the elevator; we ended up in room 324, while friends of ours shared our bed wall in room 326. The executive suite had a king bed and TV, and then a small division between the bedroom and the living area, which had a mini fridge, sink & microwave in a cabinet set, as well as a coffee table, desk and pull out sofa. The bathroom was average sized with a nice stone top on the sink base. Towels and toiletries were quite good for a mid range hotel (so were the linens!). We had a standard sized bathtub with jacuzzi jets. While the idea of a jacuzzi was interesting, in practice it wasn't any fun. It only had 4 jets, and the walls of the shower were this ugly fake blue marble laminate. I got in and out pretty quickly, as it wasn't that relaxing. But I believe they have full sized jacuzzis in the jacuzzi suites.

Their hot bar breakfast was as expected. The scrambled eggs were runny, but they were passable on a biscuit with sausage. I didn't care for their sausage gravy. Orange juice tasted a little different, but it was okay.

The hotel has an outdoor pool but not a hot tub. The pool is open 10 am-10 pm, and they are pretty strict on the restrictions. We headed to the pool one morning at 9:45 (not knowing the restrictions), and the maintenance guy saw us and kicked us out. Oh well, he was nice about it!

They also have free wifi (that we and every other guest we talked to could not get to work) and a hard wired computer downstairs across from the breakfast bar.

For $82/night, it was a good deal. Nothing over the top, but more comfortable and friendlier staff than others we've stayed at in this price range.

Their website photos are very good. I took photos but had to delete them because my camera got too full.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MrsKruse