“Great Place to Stay!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Knoxville-North-I-75 Exit 112
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Powell
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was a stay for family reunion. Great location just outside Knoxville. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would rate a perfect 9 out of 10, especially if you consider some of the other motels in this area. Bid-in your price on-line, for a greater value!
Would stay again at this location even if I had to pay a higher price!
c/m

Room Tip: Go on-line to bid-in your price for a greater value!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Generally, a hotel is a hotel. But the desk staff at this hotel consistently went above and beyond to provide a really great experience. At one point, I asked the desk staff for the nearest mall. They gave me the name of the Mall and location and I responded that my GPS would be able to find it with that information. As I was nearing my car in the parking lot, one of them called my name to get my attention so she could give me the address of the Mall. She explained that they change the name of it so often my GPS might have a problem finding it so she wanted to make sure I could. WAY above what I expected.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Appearances can be deceiving. Room was okay but smelled musty. Hard to control the in-wall AC/Heat unit. Our room overlooked part of a drive or parking lot with a very large and bright street light that shined into the room. No curtains to block it out. Bed was as hard as a rock but four pillows offered and labeled - hard or soft - was a nice touch. Bathrooms....will designers never learn that towel racks are essential, especially for women. Use it once and throw it on the floor is not a good option. Breakfast was superb and was included in the price. Don't know if I'd stay here again. At least not unless I got a room without street lights glaring in and a softer bed.

Room Tip: Check the room for close, outside street lights because there are no curtains to block it out.
1  Thank Leslie W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Knoxville-North-I-75 Exit 112, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Leslie W,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed the breakfast that was served. We give the utmost importance to your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced due to the room accommodations and if the bathroom amenities was less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Again, than you for your feedback and we hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I are both government employees, and we were just furloughed. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our reservations today since we had to cancel our trip (1 day before we were to arrive in Knoxville). Even though the cancellation policy doesn't allow you do cancel this late, I spoke to Keith the GM and he was more than accommodating in canceling this. Several other chains with whom we had booked didn't understand the situation, and we are out those deposits. However, Keith epitomized customer service and understood. When we come back, we will stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Room was comfortable and clean and staff was nice. Breakfast in the morning was great also. I would recommend for sure. The check inn process was effortless and has a very nice entry way to the motel. The shower worked great and was quick to heat up.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We made a last minute reservation through Hotwire (which I am very skeptical about) last weekend. We arrived late Friday night, and received two King rooms instead of two double rooms. The front desk was very nice and accommodating with fixing the issue. We walked into the rooms, very tired and wore out from the ride, to the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hotel! Everything was immaculate and nice. I was very pleased with everything there, from the rooms, to the girl working the breakfast in the morning. Everyone said Hi and was pleasant. I would recommend this chain, and this Holiday Inn Express especially! The bathrooms do tend to get a bit steamy, but that is not a big problem at all, the cleanliness makes up for it, plus more! And for the guest under my comment, Mrs. Liane, if you book online, it is through a third party most of the time hotwire, expedia, etc. They may have rooms for the property that the front desk may not have access to, I am sure they were not discriminating to you in any sense :) I work for reservations in another state, but I understand that you do not know that information as I did not before I worked in reservations. I give this place two thumbs up!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Called to place a reservation for a same evening room and was told by the staff they were sold out. Picked up my phone and booked online and walked in15 minutes later, told the front desk I had a reservation and was given my room key. Go figure! Do not know if they did not want to mess with a phone reservation or what. Mystery to us.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Liane A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North
#30 of 87 in Knoxville
3 mi away
Best Western Knoxville Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Knoxville-North-I-75 Exit 112? Share your experiences!