“Was perfectly fine for overnight stay”

Holiday Inn Express Knoxville North
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Powell
TN
“Was perfectly fine for overnight stay”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here one night in July, 2013 for an overnight trip to Knoxville for family business. It was clean, looked well kept and check in was quick.

Breakfast had hot items, such as sausage, biscuit, bagels etc and was well staffed.

They have a poll outside which we did not use but looked clean.

Would definitely stay again if we needed to stay on that side of town again.

Several restaurants close by as well as this Hotel is right off of the interstate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
North Port, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was a great hotel...clean, friendly staff, great bed and had a variety of breakfast items. The lobby is currently being remodeled but it wasn't too bad to deal with. The room and bathroom were very clean and comfortable. Will keep in mind if we are up that way on vacation again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria C
Wise
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We found this hotel to be very clean and affordable. It is not a luxury hotel, but our room was very neat, with new looking bed coverlets, etc. The bathroom was very clean, with one major flaw. There is no vent and after a short shower, everything in the bathroom is wet. There is a small pool across the parking lot that could use an umbrella or two for shade, but other than that...very sufficient. We did not eat their breakfast, but it looked like they had a few nice choices. There is a McDonalds in walking distance, as well as a CVS. There is a grocery store across the street, very convenient if you need to stock up on anything. We found the staff to be very courteous and friendly. We would certainly consider staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Home
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here coming back from visiting family in NC. We stayed at Holiday Inn Express hotels all the way there, while in NC and on way back. This one was by far the worst. Our room was literally RIGHT OFF of the breakfast area so it was horribly loud (this should never happen--rip out that room or turn it into a meeting room. I was very unhappy since we have a small child). While the room were "updated" our room smelled awful. The musty smell was a bit more than I could tolerate. If we were going to stay there longer, meaning more than 10 hours, I would have complained. Everything in the room felt damp. Also, as we were leaving out the back door, really really shady looking workers were coming in/out possibly replacing carpet? Made me feel very uncomfortable. I definitely would not recommend. I just got a bad feeling from this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville North, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear klegov,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the room conditions. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason, your comments about the undesirable smell in the room has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel weekly for many years. It is exceptionally clean and nice. The staff is friendly and helpful in any way. I really enjoy every stay. The new manager (Keith) has transformed this Holiday Inn location into an extremely nice hotel. The breakfast bar is clean, hot, and tasty. I would recommend this hotel to any one visiting or traveling thru Knoxville. It's location is convenient to Knoxville and many nice restaurants in the area. I believe anyone that stays at this hotel would have a great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nailman953
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A last minute decision had me stopping here late at night when I was getting too tired to drive on. I literally pulled into the first hotel I saw after getting off I-75 just north of Knoxville and this was it. A quick check on Trip Advisor before I entered to make sure the price was in my range and that there were no obvious warnings to stay away, and off I went to checkin.

I'm cautious about getting a hotel room on the fly. Mostly I book in advance just to be sure the price is reasonable. My worries went away the minute I walked in. The lady at the front desk was warm and friendly. She efficiently took care of business and made sure I got a good price. From what I could tell, this was one of the better priced hotels in the area but it seemed like it would have been higher priced. I paid $87 for a Wednesday night stay.

Checking out the hotel, the lobby was small but nice. Elevators took me up to my second floor room. The room was very spacious with 2 queen beds, desk, new LG TV, refrigerator and microwave. The fan was already set to a perfect temperature. Everything looked clean and newer.

Right behind me, a family checked in with a small noisy child. They got the room next door. Amazingly, I did not hear a sound from their room or the hallway once I closed my door. I should give the hotel a 5 just for that amenity!

They have a coffee maker in the room with tea as an option. The bath soaps provided were wonderful Citrus scent from Bath and Body Works, a favorite of mine.

Breakfast in the morning was simple...some pancakes, muffins, cinnamon rolls, limited cereals, yogurts, etc. and hot food was biscuits with sausage and gravy. I would have preferred more choices but was happy to have something before hitting the road.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Toronto
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stopped here for a night on the trip back from Florida. The hotel is right off I-75, with a good restaurant (Aubrey's) a short walk away, directly across the street.

While this is not a resort, or a place to vacation for a few days, it is a great place to stop while travelling through. Room was basic, but clean and functional. Flat screen tv, many stations, good wifi, decent beds, and quiet; all for 80 bucks plus change!

We were very happy to lay our heads here while passing through .............

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ToSquareBob1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville North I-75
Comfort Suites Knoxville
Comfort Suites Knoxville
#28 of 87 in Knoxville
Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville Papermill Drive
Best Western Knoxville Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Knoxville North? Share your experiences!