“Hard to overcome a bad first impression.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Knoxville-North-I-75 Exit 112
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Powell
“Hard to overcome a bad first impression.”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Not unlike a previous reviewer, things got off to a very bad start with the poor attitude at the front desk.

Upon check-in at about 6 p.m. We waited awhile for someone to show at the front desk.

Once she appeared I told her I had a reservation. While she was looking up my reservation the only words uttered were "I need a form of payment"

No hello, welcome, how are you.... nothing but bad attitude and poor customer service.

His was repeated when I called back to the front desk to request help with a faulty Internet connection.

Again, same bad attitude and the same poor service.

The rest of the hotel was what one would expect at a Holiday Inn Express. However, the bad attitude of the front desk employee will ensure this will be our one and only stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Staff61

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ellsworth
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Our tour group stayed there two nights October 23 and October 24, 2011. Our shoes stuck to the bathroom floor, very nasty. My husband and I stay quite often at Holiday Inns and is always really good but this place was awful. Several people in our group complained about how dirty it was.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Indiana
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed there on November 6th and also earlier last summer.
We are Priority Club members and were surprised to be told by the manager that the hotel felt they did not need to offer extra perks to Priority Club members. ( He seemed annoyed that we mentioned to him that other Holiday Inn Express properties we stayed in were much more friendly and service focused, gave us bottled water, freshly baked cookies or a candy treat and seemed to care more about guest satisfaction. Other than that the room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was fairly good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelingtheglobe
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Courteous, friendly greeting at front desk. Very helpful with suggestions about restaurants. Room was spacious, very clean, updated, and in excellent shape. Bed very comfortable. All in all, a wonderful experience!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stopped for the night, young lady at the desk was annoyed whne I asked if they had a Military Discount. I am retired USAF and my Wife Active Duty. The young lady said no, I said wow, I guess we don't count any more, and she glared at me. I asked about AARP, NO!, AAA, NO! Should have known then, but was tired nad said ok. I asked if she would look up my Priority Rewards Club Info, and she said ,NO! It's on another computer! She asked for an ID. I gave my Retired Military ID. Annoyed again, she said, "One with an address"!. I treid to explaine dmy Drivers Lisence did not have my current address on it and said I would give her the address. She ignored me and put down the address on the Texas Drivers Lisence. We just PCS'ed to Ohio and live ther now but she did not care. I have had it with Holiday inn Express, it's too hard to deak with these people! The room was overpriced, hardly anyone there, room to small, no fridge, bed was old and lumpy, Bad Night!

Room Tip: Don't stay here the rooms are too small!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron N
Etna, Ohio
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I checked into this hotel about 11:00 p.m. without a reservation. It was nice, clean, secure (the ceiling in the room appeared unusually high, which I thought was strange--made it feel a little like staying in a garage or warehouse). Didn't have too much noise from the hallway. Breakfast was pretty good, also a coffee maker in the room. Kind of pricey, even with AARP discount.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jeffrey G
ann arbor michigan
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The hotel was ok, satisfactory in many ways, clean and safe etc. but the breakfast was definitely a disappointment. It was a comfortable place to stay for one night while we were on the road but not outstanding.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North
Best Western Knoxville Suites
MainStay Suites Knoxville
MainStay Suites Knoxville
#30 of 87 in Knoxville

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Knoxville-North-I-75 Exit 112? Share your experiences!