“Great place for a meal”
Review of 5 Chefs

5 Chefs
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I traveled the Portland TN area last week it was very enjoyable. We went and had lunch at 5 Chefs and it was great. It is not overpriced and the food was wonderful. We had a great server that was friendly and took great care of us. It is definitely worth the trip to Portland. They are only open for a few hours each day and they do a brunch on Sunday. I think they may do dinner a couple of days a week. We will visit them again on our next trip back to TN. Portland is just a couple of miles south of the KY border.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a great breakfast the other morning. I can't wait to go back! The omelette was cooked just right, and I loved the biscuits and gravy. It was early morning, and I was glad to have good food and good coffee. As a bonus, Good Morning Portland on WQKR was recording live. Great place in a great town.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fancier sit down meal, but with middle class food. Overpriced, but has great service and is managed well.

1  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I took a short detour from I65 to stop for lunch. There was a small wait of about ten minutes, although there is no one taking names down, you just wait in line. A delightful young man seated us and then waited on us. We both ordered chicken fried chicken but the server came back shortly to tell us the kitchen had switched to country fried steak, no problem, we both had that. The steak was not great but the real mashed potatoes and gravy and the broccoli casserole were outstanding. We shared a piece of German chocolate cake that was the best I'd had in years. There was a list of a least a dozen cake offerings! Nice country atmosphere without all the fussy knickknacks that often decorate these type of places. We thoroughly enjoyed the lunch and strolling through the adjoining shop afterwards!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We meant to visit this restaurant sooner after a friends recommendation, wish we had done it sooner! Great atmosphere, great food, great service, and great desserts. One tip, get the dessert to go because the main course is more than enough. Really impressed, recommend it highly!!!