“Nice spot for interstate travelors” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Portland
Charleston, WV
“Nice spot for interstate travelors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a typical chain hotel with some features that boost it up above average. The price is lower than usual for a large comfortable suite. The front desk clerk was cheerful, efficient and helpful. The bed was superb, with a firm mattress under a comfy pillow top. Everything was clean and well kept though the bathroom is showing some wear. Average to good breakfast. The attached restaurant delivered to my room though the food was mediocre at best. I'd stay here again but wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Elmhurst, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Got to the hotel after driving from Nashville in the pouring rain at 9:15pm with 3 tired kids in the car, only to find there was a "maintenance problem" and there was not a room for us! They tried calling at 2:33pm to my home phone in Illinois which obviously we were not home. They made a reservation for us at a Best western Plus, not even another choice hotel group hotel, 15 miles south of where we just came from! We did not stay and elected to drive 7 hours at night back home. I would never give this hotel another opportunity again. I would chose another Comfort Suites somewhere else! Phoned management, never got a personal call back only a form letter email saying sorry for the inconvenience. Really, I don't believe there was a maintenance problem at all, I think they overbooked and we got the shaft!

Room Tip: Choose a more highly populated area off I65South and a hotel with no maintenance issues!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DAS719
Cranberry Township PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Please note that this hotel is also reviewed under Comfort Suites, Portland TN.

This stay was so bad it was almost comical. My preschool daughter puked in the front lobby. We cleaned the mess and threw paper towels in the nearby garbage. I informed the front desk...only to be told that the clerk can't handle vomit and asked, "can you clean it yourself?" He LITERALLY threw me two towels, showed me where to put them in the hotel laundry, and had me take the garbage bag out to the dumpster.

The sheets in our room were full of holes. The next day, I arrived in the room with now two very sick kids, linens removed and the housekeeper working in another room. I asked the housekeeper if she could make the bed because the kids were sick. She nodded and never came back. I found her an hour later and asked again. It was then I realized that she didn't speak English. She was very nice but didn't understand a word I said. She came with sheets and I helped her make the bed. Sheets clean, full of holes.

The same front desk clerk was there working for most of our stay. Not sure if he is the manager or not. Its hard to tell because he is either crouched behind the front desk texting or talking to someone on his cell phone ("cell-phone clerk").

We called to order room service...typically "room service" means that THEY deliver your food to your room. I don't usually order room service but because of the sick kids...I thought I would give it a try. About 45 minutes after placing the order, "cell-phone clerk" arrived at my door to have me sign the receipt. When he went to leave I asked if he was bringing food. He had no food, just the bill for me to sign. About a half hour later, I called the restaurant only to be told by the rude female clerk that "room service" means that I was supposed to pick up the food. However, she said that the manager would be bringing up our food. "Cell phone clerk" (who may also be the restaurant manager...not sure) delivered the food. Cold food. Drink order wrong. Whatever...he may have had a text to answer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cranberry Township PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

The room rates are reasonable but not really worth it. We have stayed there three times. The last time, the waffle batter was rancid. The location is good for us, so we thought we would give it a try again. You know what they say, "First time, shame on you. Second time, shame on me." Third time, shame on Comfort Suites for allowing the "management" of this facility to operate under their name. Its a bummer because this could be a nice little hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PAmomroadtripper
Marion, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have stayed at this location a few times. Each time I have been very satisfied. The service is great and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. The rooms have everything you need including comfortable beds, a good work space, fridge and microwave, nice bathroom etc. I decided to try the attached restaurant and it was very good. No reason to leave the property to find something to eat. I will be staying here again and again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Parsons, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Because a larger group decided to stay another night. They decided to cancel my reservations. They said they had pipes freeze and ONLY my two rooms was affected. Come on man. Comfort Suites should be embarrassed. Plus they called 20 minutes before arrival so we could scramble for rooms. Stay somewhere else. Also another guest was told same thing, just tell the truth.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JA T
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is, by far, the most comfortable and cleanest hotel we have been in in a while.....beds slept great...desk had internet connections and plugs to recharge all your appliances...bath was immaculate....service was prompt when called for.....Continental breakfast was tasty and filling...will definitely stay at ANY comfort Suites again if they are remotely as accommodating as this one.....

Room Tip: Cant lose staying here!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Hampton Inn White House
Hampton Inn Franklin
#2 of 10 in Franklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Franklin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goodlettsville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!