“Didn't even get checked in”
Review of Valley Forge Inn

Valley Forge Inn
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Nashville, Tennessee
“Didn't even get checked in”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We had all intentions of staying 1 night this weekend to check the place out as we had already made reservations to stay 3 nights in march. We went in and asked to see the room and to see if we could use a restroom (we had been traveling for several hours). The lady at the counter laughed and said we could see the room and use a restroom when we paid for a room. So we had to go next door to a diner to use the restroom. When we came back, we just went ahead and canceled all of our reservations. Rudest service we' ve ever had during a stay in pigeon forge.

Stayed February 2013
6 Thank Winnie H
valleyforgeinn, General Manager at Valley Forge Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I am sorry, but we do not have a public restroom on property; nor are we in the practice of allowing people to come in off the street, tellling us they need a restroom, and then giving them a room key to answer nature's call. Our reason for this is neither to be cruel or to be rude but rather as an issue of health. If housekeeping staff is still on duty and would be able to sanitize the bathroom after its use, then it may be a possibility. If our housekeeping department is understaffed or off-duty, I do not believe that we can be expected to provide this service. There is a restaurant conveniently located next door to our office that does have a public restroom.
Our occupancy for the weekend was 100%, so we really did not have many rooms available. The clerks on duty refute this exact version of events and claim that there was no mention of a reservation or any reservation having been cancelled.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have stayed here a few times. Staff is always nice. Rooms clean. Love the jacuzzi fireplace suite. We stayed in the honeymoon suite 300. Prices of their rooms are good we got this room for 58.99 plus tax
Its a huge room only bad thing bathroom stayed cold and the bed was hard as a rock. we had stayed in this room before but i dont remember the bed being that hard.

We went for our 23 wedding anniversary yesterday. We arrived after 1.00 and so sad to say we had an family emergency and had to leave around 7.00. Sorry to say i wasnot even offered a credit since we was only there for 6 hours.

Room Tip: Extra large 2 person Jacuzzi tubs
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Greenidoll
Thanks so much for your recent stay, and I'm so sorry that it was cut short due to a family emergency. When a room is occupied for that length of time, I'm afraid that we cannot issue a refund. The Assistant Manager did verify that he had given you a very good discount for the Honeymoon Suite (approximately $20 less than posted rate). If you all are able to come back to visit us again, however, I will make sure that your rate is adjusted to make up for this early check-out. You can contact me directly at the office or via email, and I will be happy to make it up to you!

I will also make sure that the other issues you mentioned are addressed, so that when you come back everything will hopefully be perfect! Congratulations on your 23rd Anniversary!

- Joseph Cole
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hotel is very affordable, clean, great location, and the warmest indoor pool I have ever experienced. I would stay again just for the pool. We only live 2 1/2 hours from Pigeon Forge, and we will be staying here each time we visit the area. Loved our stay.

Room Tip: If you are a couple I would ask for a king bed, close to the indoor pool. You will love your stay. Y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jane G
We're so glad that you all enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to maintain the cleanest rooms at the most affordable rates; we want to continue to build the type of repeat business that has sustained us for 25 years at the Valley Forge Inn! I'm glad you noticed the temperature of the indoor pool....it feels just like a nice warm bathtub, doesn't it?

We hope that you will continue to make us your motel destination in Pigeon Forge!
Monticello
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Out of 365 days of the year, I spend over 200 days in hotels with my business and this is my favorite place to stay! The rooms are ALWAYS clean, the staff is the nicest people you will ever meet and they always take the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. It is centerally located, and has great rates! The swimming pool and Jacuzzi is also very nice! I would highly recommend anyone staying here!

Room Tip: If you have kids I would suggest staying in the pool section, these rooms overlook the pool so you c...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BJKeeton
Thank you so much, BJ! Developing friendships with folks like you is what makes our business so rewarding! We truly appreciate your business, and if there is ever anything we can do for you don't heitate to ask one of us!
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here during the Christmas season,2012. The staff were very friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious. It was nice to have crisp, clean sheets and covers with no rips, holes or stains. The indoor pool area was nice and the temp. was perfect in both the pool and hot tub. The breakfast room was clean and the food was fresh. There were cookbooks for purchase in the office that we bought 2 of as gifts. We liked them so much we returned to purchase 2 more for ourselves. The rates were very reasonable for the rooms. I truly appreciated the fact it was Christian owned. Thank you for a great stay. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank squeaky1978
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We're also glad that you noticed our Christian faith! Although we do not believe in exploiting our faith to make money, we aren't ashamed of our faith either. We have been blessed to be able to share our faith with many people over the years through the motel business. For eight years now, we have had an Outreach ministry that is open to everyone on Sunday afternoons in our Breakfast room. We have also been able to help a lot of other ministries, missions and philanthropies through our business. The cookbooks that you mentioned are sold by the Ladies Ministry of our Outreach, and I'm so glad that you are enjoying them! We hope that you'll have a blessed 2013 and will have the opportunity to visit us again!

-Joseph Cole
Middletown, Ohio
Reviewed January 4, 2013

never had a problem. [= when i go on vaction i go here. it has a grond pool hot tube. if you get a big room it has a hot tube alsome. i cant wat till next . how much fun im going to have best vaction ever=] love village forge i need come here often

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank brandon r
Thanks, Brandon!

We hope that you'll be able to visit us more often also! Remember that you can always check our rates and availability online at valleyforgeinn.net or by calling us toll-free at 800-544-8740.
Letcher County,Ky.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed at the Valley Forge Inn more than any other hotel in Pigeon Forge. The staff is the best around. I have never had a complaint with the rooms until my last 2 visits. During Sept. Rod Run, the carpet in our room was extremely dirty. We kept our sock on the whole time and they were black from walking on the carpets. I know Rod Run is a busy time and the maids kept our room clean other than the floor. Just before Christmas we visited again and had a different room The carpet there wasn't as bad but still needed a good shampooing. We have a baby and she has just started to crawl so it would be nice to put her down on a clean floor. Please take care of this problem Valley Forge because I really do not want to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank carli66
I would like to thank you for your business and for bringing your concerns to our attention! I have four children myself, and I remember all too well the crawling stage with our babies! We believe that we can trace the problem to a parking lot sealer that was used last Spring; we have used this same company for years and have never had an issue, but he did mention to me that they were using a different type of sealer because of high fuel costs. We believe that this sealer was of a lesser quality and was consequently tracked onto many of our carpets. We have a subcontracted professional carpet cleaner to regularly clean our carpets, and we also have a Carpet Shampooer (Rug Doctor) that our maintenance staff uses. We also regularly replace carpets in our hallways and rooms as a part of our regular property upkeep. I am sorry that you experienced this issue during your stay and would love to make it up to you! If you will contact me the next time you are planning to come to Pigeon Forge, I will make sure to take care of your family!

-Joseph Cole