“WONDERFUL PLACE TO STAY!!!”
Review of Valley Forge Inn

Valley Forge Inn
Ranked #24 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Fountain Inn, SC
“WONDERFUL PLACE TO STAY!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The Valley Forge Inn is a clean comfortable place to stay for a vacation in Pigeon Forge. The staff is super! Everyone greets you with smiles and hellos. Housekeeping does a wonderful job at keeping the rooms nice and clean. Location is good. Parking is good. It is a Christian owned establishment and they treat you just as Christians should. They even have a worship service on Sunday mornings that their guests can attend. If you are looking for one of those high class, fancy fashionably up-to- date hotels where you are just a face in the crowd then this is not the place for you. This is a family friendly, safe, clean and comfortable place to stay. The rates are affordable for the average family and most of the guests are families or older couples that keep coming back each year. That is what we plan to do, too. Thank you Valley Forge for a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Crystal S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I gave this hotel mostly five star ratings. It shouldn't be compared to a true five star such as the Clarion, but for a $60 a night room, it is amazing. The rooms are nice, staff is very friendly and the location is right in the middle of Pigeon Forge. This is a family owned hotel also. I for one like to help out my fellow American small business owners. It was a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank MrVanillaGorilla
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our Anniversary weekend getaway it was very nice and staff was very helpful and friendly. good price for location and ammenities :)

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank amc422
Fairmount, Georgia
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed during July 4th and were very pleased. We always like a hotel close to the arcades and Three Bears, and most of them aren't very good. It was SO hot that week, and I was very pleased at how cold the room was when we arrived. I wanted more of a mountain and parkway view, but I will say the rooms were nice. Nothing amazing, but clean, efficient, and quiet. We liked it and would stay here again. If you're going during Rod Run book FAST!! This place is always covered during that time!

2 Thank brinlgi57
Indian Trail, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is not the property for you if you do NOT appreciate the party atmosphere. The constant noise in the evening/overnight hours was horrendous. This particular location does not offer refunds, therefore you are unable to "get out" of the situation. I would have relocated after the first night. Folks hollered from the pool, hollered from their balonies, hollered from the parking lot, hollered in the hallways. I got zero sleep and I was only in the room when I wanted to sleep. Overall just not my quality of fellow patrons. I look for a fair price like any other consumer, but I might have gone too low in my choice for this particular trip.

Overall the rooms were pretty clean, but the linens are paper-thin, like the walls and floors. I must have been under one of those family suites I now see from their websites, because the people above me, dragged chairs/furniture across the floors on until after midnight that I CLEARLY heard from my room below. Unbelievable.

Please, do yourself a favor and select another hotel.

2 Thank Susan D
valleyforgeinn, Manager at Valley Forge Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I am certainly sorry for your unhappy experience, but I do not believe that the "quality of fellow patrons" was to blame. Many of our repeat guests have stayed with us for over 20 years, and our property especially resonates with families. We have an indoor pool with hot-tub that is open from 10am to 10pm and an outdoor pool with kiddie pool that is open from 10am to 11pm. These pool hours are strictly enforced by our maintenance personnel to ensure that guests are not disturbed after hours. We have a minimum age requirement of 21 years old, so the majority of our clientele are either families or elderly aged.

We would have been more than happy to have addressed any other issues, such as noise above or from balconies. We do have staff on premises 24 hrs a day and always want to ensure that our guests have a restful night. I wish we would have been made aware of your situation and afforded the opportunity to make your stay more peaceful.

-Joseph Cole
Harriman, Tennessee
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We just check out of the Valley Forge Inn today. We live within an hour of Pigeon Forge and came up with the kids for a quick 2 day 1 night getaway. I went by the reviews on Tripadvisor and I will say Valley Forge Inn was as nice as other reviewers said it was. The check in was fast and the office staff was very friendly. The room was spacious and it smells really good I need to find out what they use. We stayed in a room overlooking the pool and loved it. The kids enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor pools and we are looking already at staying another night in a few months. The free breakfast was nice and simple. Bagels, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, toast etc. We can't wait to go back!!!

1 Thank AnginTN
Whites Creek, Tn
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is one of the best motels to stay at in Pigeon Forge, my family & I have been staying here for more than 8 years. The staff is nice & excellent, it's right on the Parkway close to everything. Alot of times when we get there, we park the car & don't have to drive again until we leave. Because it's with in walking distance to places & there is a Trolley Stop really close as well. The rooms are spacious, with microwave & refridgerators in each one. The pools are really nice & the Breakfast is great. It has an assortment of cereal, doughnuts, muffins, bagels, juices, etc. Can't wait to come back in October or November.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family