“Pleasantly Suprised!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #55 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this property for 4 nights during spring break. We booked a city view because the view was not a preference for us. We were pleasantly surprised after we checked in and were notified of an upgrade to a mountain view. Even thought it was snowy and cold during our spring break week, the view was beautiful to look at from our warm hotel room. The staff was courteous, friendly, and went out of there way to make us feel at home. It was great to have a microwave and fridge in the room. We took advantage of the free breakfast one day. The rest of the week we ate breakfast in our room...wanting to avoid the crowded breakfast area. The free breakfast was yummy, however I would recommend more fruit options. Our room also had a blu-ray dvd player...which also surprised us. The hotel had ample parking spaces and was easily accessible from the parkway. There are many restaurants nearby and Gatlinburg is not too far away. The hotel is clean and we would stay here again in a heartbeat. Thank you for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your review for others to read about the Comfort Suites, Pigeon Forge. I am pleased you liked our Hotel and am happy to pass on to our staff your wonderful comments. We take great pride in our hospitality and know that sometimes it's the little things that make an experience more inviting.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a great consistantly clean place to stay. If a front balcony room is available, definately ask for it.
The only thing is, make sure you get to the continetial breakfast with enough time to get what you want. When they start shutting down, you better have what you want!

Room Tip: Call ahead for the balcony room facing the front. It looks out over the city and the morning view is...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank susan d
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our property. I appreciate the positive comments you have left regarding your recent stay and the hotels cleanliness. Our team at Comfort Suites strives hard at achieving quality service to our customers.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at several different hotels in pigeon forge. This hotel is by far the best. The rooms are nice size and always clean. The breakfast is excellent with plenty to choose from. The staff was excellent. I looked forward to coming back to the hotel. Was greeted by Lucy at night. She was always happy and chipper. She'd answer any questions we had and took interest in what we had to say. I have never met any hotel staff as great as she is. You can see she takes pride in her job and represents the hotel very well. We're really looking forward to our next trip back to pigeon forge.

• Stayed: September 2012
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding our hotel! It is always nice to hear from our travelers - especially when one our staff members has gone above and beyond to make sure that our travelers are enjoying their stays with us! I will be sure to pass your kind words on to Lucy, she is a pleasure to have on staff!

Again, thank you for staying, and next time you and your husband come down I would highly recommend visiting the Gatlinburg Space needle that is minutes from the hotel.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Poor management!! The general manager was a rude jerk about everything! He was a grump to everyone in our group and told us when to be in bed and that we couldn't be in the hall! He told a kid with us to not ever use the stairs and other customers were upswing them and embarrassed him by getting on to him in the front desk and told the adult in charge of him! He went off on everyone and is an awful manager his name was tony and I can't believe they have one decent review! This was the worst hotel management I have ever seen! I'm a well traveled person and this guy was the worst I've ever had to deal with and was a grouch and I can't believe comfort suit lets this happen I would we amend staying at another comfort sweet or a different hotel the management at the pigeon forge comfort suit is terrible!!!! Awful experience the only good service person was the lady at night period! Horrible day time manager!! And the shower squeak awful when the water is on and the TVs don't work half the time! Do not stay at this hotel! Horrible horrible time here!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Amcneal2048
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites on Teaster at least 2 times, possibly 3. It's always clean and we've never had a problem. The staff has always been helpful, and it's in the perfect location. Near everything but quiet around the building. The first place we check whenever we go back to Pigeon Forge. The pool and hot tub are great too.

The last times we were there were Jan/Feb 2012 and April 2008

Room Tip: Don't get one behind the awning. We did that once and couldn't see out. Make sure to ask f...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Location, location, LOCATION!!! This place is perfectly situated in the middle of everything, although still far enough back from the parkway to allow you to get away from the hubub. Parking can be an issue when the motel is full, so be prepared to walk around back (not fun in the rain or snow). The room was clean, and I was really impressed by the fantastic breakfast. Best of all, we always received a friendly greeting as we entered and exited the building. The entire staff went way beyond my expectations of service. In fact, I received a call from the front desk one evening to let me know that the overhead dome light was on inside my car in the parking lot---a common courtesy, yes--but greatly appreciated. My only complaints would be the lack of COLD water in the shower--be careful or you could burn yourself on this one! Also, the heat was barely adequate for December in the Smokies--it took most of our first night there to warm the room. The room was reasonably clean with comfortable, although dated, furniture. The bedding was comfortable--standard quality for a Comfort Inn property (although I personally did not like the pillows, my wife thought they were very nice). There were a few broken tiles around the whirlpool tub and the carpet is showing signs of wear....so what!!! This property is an amazing bargain with a beautiful mountain view. Would I stay there again? Unless I can find a better deal, why not? For the price, I know of no other place I like as well (and I've stayed in several local motels in the Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area).

Room Tip: I'm told that rooms on lower floors do not experience the lack of cold water for the shower. Ro...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 20runner
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Rooms were large with good views. We were able to get together in one suite to plan our shopping excursions. Management was very helpful and breakfast was delicious. Location was convenient both to multiple shopping areas and to a wide choice of restaurants. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family