“You get what you pay for”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge - Parkway
Ranked #51 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Roanoke, VA
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Stayed here with a baseball team. Should have known that any hotel which has availability for a large group on short notice AND gives a $55 rate is a real dump. I was not disappointed, it WAS a dump! Microwaves and refrigerators in rooms were in poor working order. Was afraid to walk barefoot on the carpet it felt so slimy under foot. Toilet not working, and even though Walmart was just about 1.5 miles down the road, no one could get a plunger and the hotel could not find theirs. Apparently only one person on duty in the entire property. Rooms and suites are small. Very poor continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank robzmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Mt. Sterling, KY
Reviewed July 18, 2009

Read the other reviews on this place and was surprised by what I read. I found the hotel to be quite nice. Our room was very clean and smelled of new paint. You could tell that it had recently been renovated. The carpet looked new and the walls were very clean. The furniture was nice and the beds were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was fresh Krispie Kreme glazed doughnuts and coffee. It was simple, but nice. My only complaint would be that the door in the bathroom looked like it had finger prints all over it and could have used a good cleaning. Otherwise, the cleanliness was great!!! The pool was very large, nice, and clean. It included a small kiddie pool that ws probably 1 1/2 feet deep and a large pool that went from 3 1/2 feet - 6 feet. It was very nice and clean! It is located in the middle of the parking lot which is strange, but was still a nice pool. It's location is great as it is in the heart of Pigeon Forge, across from the Comedy Barn and shopping centers.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank m0mmy0fthree
ky
Reviewed July 16, 2009

we just got back from staying at this hotel, it was the worst. nasty, rude service,
old smelling rooms. we would never, ever stay here again. nasty bathrooms, the
list goes on! july, ky

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Georgia
Reviewed June 24, 2009

My Aunt and Grandmother decided to go on a nice little trip to pigeon forge and they invited me, so i decided to go tag along also... When i looked at some photos of this place, i thought it would be great! but as we got there, we could clearly see this place was a dump. There were people smoking outside of non smoking rooms, thus making a non smoking room smell like an ash tray.

Also, the "Breakfast" they over you in the morning is nothing more than stale doughnuts and yucky decaf. They also offered a 30% discount off of your whole check at "The Pancake house which offers a buffet, little did we know that it only counts for one check for a table, so the group we traved wih (friends of the family) couldn't get a discount even if they had a seperate room from ours! and "The pancake house was kind've greasy, but not bad.

But what really bugged us was that our maid missed our room TWICE so no clean towels or new sheets. Then after we told an employee about the mishap she told us we could WASH THE TOWELS and COME AND GET NEW SHEETS! Last time i checked, I was not the maid, i was the guest. And on my vacation i would not like to do chores because the maid missed our room.

Also, The pool is really not private. it is right smack in the middle of the parking lot and infront of the street. I would not like to be seen in my bikini by people passing by in their cars. And it was very small, so it looked like you would just be standing in one place the whole time.

And to put the icing on the cake TWO cars were stolen the week we stayed there, I didn't feel safe at all in that place. it wasn't kid friendly at all. as in, I wouldn't let my kids stay there. there were people drinking ,smoking and appearently stealing cars everywhere while we were there

On the plus side, it is VERY close to many attractions including the Comedy barn and the Dixie stampede. Also, an outlet mall is right beside the place, walking distance. But most of the dinner shows are a pretty long distance away.

Please take my advice and don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank CampfireCutie
OpmanagerTn, Op. Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge - Parkway, responded to this review, March 2, 2010
I want to start off saying “SORRY” … we don't what this to be your memory of our hotel. The service was a very unusual thing to happen and two days in a row, is very unusual. About the pool, there are many hotels with a pool that is seen from the road some people like it and some may not. The cars issue was a private matter between that guest and some of there personal things going on, nothing to do with is not being unsafe. Pigeon Forge itself is one of the safest areas to be in I think while on vacation with your family. Thank You
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed May 20, 2009

My wife had to attend a mandatory conference, and it was nearly mandatory that I accompany her. We were able to acquire from Timber Tops Management, the First Love Cabin in the Hidden Springs Resort which is on the same road providing entrance into Dollywood parking. The access road has been reconfigured providing for three lanes into Dollywood, and one lane for Nucumb Hollow Road. We had the cabin for three nights, Wednesday, May 13th through Friday, May 15th for a total of $315 for all 3 nights. The first night I got into the hot tub, and was disappointed by the rather low temperature (probably mid-eighties), and the hot tub had no temperature control-only turning jets on/off, and the light. I called Timber Tops, and Ron said that he would notify maintenance of the problem – if they came, they did not leave any notice of their checking it. We also did not find a hair dryer in the cabin, but Ron said that a hair dryer is not provided. We also had some folks behind us who were rather noisy. It seemed that a cabin close to theirs was occupied by friends and they communicated from their decks in some language that most likely was known only to them. Thursday, I spent the entire morning in the cabin, and discovered that local TV channels were not part of the Dish network package-not a Dish problem-simply not provided by the cabin owner. The afternoon, I was at the pool, and shared it with two couples. The pool is not heated, but is nice as it is an all seasons’ pool. The pool and the area around it were clean. Was not able to use the hot tub that evening as we accompanied the ‘boss’ and other co-workers to the ‘Applewood’ restaurant and stayed over for an ‘employees only meeting’ that lasted until approximately 9 p.m. On Friday, I again stayed in the cabin until lunch, retrieved my wife from her conference, and again used the pool facilities sharing it this time with just one couple. In summary, for the price we paid, it was nice. Most likely, if I will return to Hidden Spring as I like it’s location, I would pick another cabin that has a mountain top view, especially with no cabin behind.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
High Country NC
Reviewed February 16, 2008

All I can say is NASTY, I demanded a refund after I entered my room.

• Liked — NOT A THING
  • Disliked — This place should be shut down.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank trobin7
Elizabethtown, KY
Reviewed October 26, 2007

From: Charles L. CampbellOctober 26, 2007

MEMORANDUM FOR:Howard Johnson, Corp.
Beverley Bowden, GM Pigeon Forge, TN
HotelsCorp.com - Westgate

Subject: Customer Dissatisfaction

Greetings,

I made a reservation through [--] (confirmation #2112344) for a 2-night stay for October 13-15, 2007 at the Pigeon Forge Howard Johnson; however, we departed the next morning. The only reason we didn’t stay the first night was because it was nearly midnight upon our arrival.

Our room # was 109. I must be honest: this is absolutely the worse hotel room I have ever stayed at and we will never again stay at a Howard Johnson Hotel. My wife and I paid $176.57 for a substandard room, one that I would consider less than a 1-star hotel. Since I made the reservation through HotelsCorp.com the front desk clerk couldn’t refund the 2nd night, and checking out on Sunday morning there was no manager on duty. Plus, HotelsCorp was absolutely no help either so I will never use their services again. Plus, I strongly recommend that HotelsCorp should not make customer reservations at the Pigeon Forge Howard Johnson.

Here is my list of discrepancies:
1. The floor wasn’t completely vacuumed, especially behind the chairs.
2. The fitted sheet was on upside-down and there was a grease spot on it.
3. The pillows were horrible (flat, lumpy) and should be thrown away.
4. The mattress was very uncomfortable and should be replaced.
5. The power switch by the door didn’t control anything.
6. The standing lamp knob was missing. You had to plug/unplug it. Plus, upon arrival, the light-bulb was unscrewed.
7. The knob of the light to the right above the dresser was also missing and was inoperable.
8. The right curtain panel is not hung properly. It drooped down and was evidently missing 1 or more hanging hooks.
9. The wallpaper is peeling off throughout the entire room.
10. The fluorescent light over the sink was so dim it looked like a bug light. (That may have been intentional for summer months; but tacky nonetheless).
11. The room had a certain unpleasant odor that I couldn’t identify.
12. The alarm clock was unplugged.
13. The carpet is ripped in a few places and needs to be replaced.
14. There is a bracket for a hair dryer, but no hair dryer.
15. The breakfast coffee bar was at least 1-hour late in opening on Sunday morning, Oct 14th.

I STRONGLY recommend that the GM and maintenance supervisor inspect each and every room together. I also STRONGLY recommend that the Howard Johnson Corp. HQ conduct a no-notice inspection.

Lastly, I request a full refund in the amount of $176.57. Honestly, I feel that $25.00 per night for this room would be too much.

//Signed//
CHARLES L. CAMPBELL
MSgt, U.S. Air Force

Stayed October 2007
3 Thank BamaCharlie
All the reviews from 2007 to 2004 are old reviews from before the hotel renovation. PLEASE DO NOT let any of these reviews effect you wanting to chose us for you vacation place to stay. Thank you