“close to everything”

Ranked #50 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Cincinnati ohio
“close to everything”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

pets are free.... we walked in the room the battery for the smoke detector was dead making a chirping sound..... walked to the front desk told the guy about it he was on the phone to maintenance the guy from the front desk put the battery in, the room was awesome
marbletop dresser a slide out drawer made out of marble bed was comfy new tv
hot breakfast not contennial breakfast like donuts,cereal.... they have scrambled eggs
waffles, gravy buscuits, if your not a redroof member they will sign you up at the desk
you get a free bottle of water and earn points for a free stay we will stay again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank megatron44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Virginia
Reviewed August 10, 2014

When we arrived check-in was pleasant and fairly quick considering we had two rooms/families to check-in. Upon entering our room, we were pleased. It looked clean and seemed ok. Later, our bathroom light went out and my husband called the front desk to have it changed. They said they would send someone to change it. We left and went out for dinner. We were gone for at least 4-5 hours. When we came back, the light still had not been changed. My husband called again, they said they would send someone immediately. We waited and waited. He finally went to the front desk and they said it was put on the list of things to do the next day. My husband said they better get someone to get it changed or give our money back. The girl from the front desk came to the door with a light bulb, she wasn't even sure it would fit. She couldn't reach it, my husband had to change it. Keep in mind that a bathroom light isn't that big of a deal (if you can leave the door open), unless the commode and shower are in there and when you shut the door it was pitch black. With a family of four, that is not going to work. Finally got the bulb fixed. We found out the bathroom sink was clogged. We told the front desk, again no attempt to fix it. The water went out very slowly. It was gross. You could smell that nasty drain. My family, in the other room next to us, also had a sink that was stopped up and their bathroom door knob fell off and went in the commode. Most of the outside lights that light up the ramps at night were out. You couldn't see to go up and down the ramps from the parking lot to the rooms. We used our cell phone light. Also, the air conditioners were horrible. They didn't work well, our room stayed to warm for our liking. Plus, they were extremely noisy! I have never stayed in a hotel where the air conditioner made that much noise. It woke me up several times! We will NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jill S

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Lancaster, South Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Clean comfortable for the rate. Pet friendly since we were traveling with our dog. Staff was friendly and helpful. Skip breakfast. And the coffee. Great location close to everything. Be aware that street noise and parking lot is loud through no fault of hotel but it is kinda noisy.

Stayed August 2014
Somerset
Reviewed August 6, 2014

It was a nice room very very clean. The staff was awesome made sure we always had clean towels and everything we needed. Breakfast was good. Real eggs not powdered, biscuits gravy, waffles, cereal what you would find at most hotels. Location is A+ right in the middle of everything. The pool was larger then some that we have stayed but it's not huge. It has a kiddie pool so thats awesome. Staff was great. If we go back we will probably stay there again!

• Stayed August 2014
Damascus, Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, and Autumn, the desk clerk, was absolutely amazing, she was completely understanding and helpful when I wanted to upgrade my room and went out of her way to help if I needed anything, definitely started my family vacation with a great smile and attitude, room was very clean and comfortable and even got to talk to the owner and they were more than willing to give me what ever help or anything I needed!!!... Will definitely be staying here whenever I come to Pigeon Forge again!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Chatsworth, Georgia
Reviewed August 3, 2014

When it comes to hotel rooms I do have some standards. The room has to be safe and it has to be clean, I have to feel that the linens and towels are clean and the room has to be in fairly good repair. Fairly good repair means just that...in good condition but perfection is not necessary. If there is a cracked piece of tile in the bathroom or if there's a little rust on a drawer handle, it doesn't phase me. If they haven't changed the décor since the 80's, that doesn't phase me either.
Previous reviews are mixed. I read a couple prior to booking only to go back and read more after my non refundable discounted reservation was confirmed, then I got nervous. I arrived at the Red Roof not quite sure what to expect from the reviews...it could go either way.
This is my experience: I found the lobby and the outside of the Inn to be in fairly good condition. To offer a little background, I had stayed at this hotel years before when I believe it was a Howard Johnson's, and it appeared that since then the outside had been repainted and they had added decorative rock. The pool was clean and pretty with some decorative tile inside. The only thing I found that could have improved the outside was to remove or replaced the carpeting on the inclined walkways.
The lobby looks great. When you check in, like previous reviewers said, they do hand you the television remote. I'm a little lost on why this would be seen as an unattractive aspect of the hotel, but if that sort of thing bothers you, consider yourself forewarned. They also do ask that you go to a timeshare table for your parking pass. The agent asked if I would be seeing any shows while in town and I told him no, I was 'just winging it', and he did nothing further than give me my pass.
As far as my room, I breathed a sign of relief when I entered to find that it was not anything close to a 'dive'. It was clean and looked as if it may have had some recent work. I had no problems with it personally, but for those looking for any fault they can, I will present what you might find to be a problem. 1. The carpeting....sufficient, but a replacement would almost make the room look brand new. 2. The couch. Some wear. 3. The door...yep as in recent reviews, does have a gap underneath big enough for bugs, etc to come through. Red Roof would probably have happier guests just by purchasing door seals.
We did have a slight issue with the microwave in that it didn't seem to want to work, but by jiggling the wire a bit, it was fine. We also had no sheets for the sofa bed, but front desk was quick to deliver them when requested.
My only personal real complaint was breakfast. The hotel was at full capacity the night we stayed and it seems they weren't quite prepared for the influx of guests. We got there well before the end of service and didn't feel like fighting the 10 other guests in line for the remaining 3 biscuits and spoonful of gravy, and didn't feel like a waffle or cereal, so we checked out and headed for Cracker Barrel.
In short, I didn't see anything that would prevent me from staying again. My main attraction was just having a clean place to sleep at a good rate and both fit the bill. Do a little digging online and you can usually find a red roof coupon that will save you more money than booking through a travel site. I did this for this stay and found a rate that was about 12.00 cheaper than the same room as listed on Hotels.com. It's the second time it worked for me!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ngachick
Pineville, West Virginia
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Hotel is recently renovated. Room was nice and clean. Fridge and microwave were clean and fairly new. Easy check in. Not pressured about the time share, just about three minutes of conversation. Nice outdoor pool. No indoor pool. Didn't go to breakfast. The area is pretty small for breakfast. A short walk to the Island. Very nice for the price. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family