“Very Pleased”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge - Parkway
Ranked #50 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This was the least expensive hotel in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg when I booked online ($48), and since we were only staying one night that was all we needed...a cheap bed. However, after experiencing it in person, I would have stayed a week here! The room was very pleasantly decorated and clean, and included a good size fridge (for a hotel room), microwave, coffee maker with complimentary coffee, and even a desk. The pool was also clean and well maintained, fairly large, and had an attached kiddie pool. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself was centrally located so we could walk to eat, go-karts, etc. We would love to stay here again next time we visit the Pigeon Forge area!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank beachbunny1979

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Pro's of this hotel-
Location, its in the heart of everything happening, within very short walking distance to attractions, does not have the noise that other hotels might have.
Room-way better than expected. Comfy beds, granite counter tops on everything and in bathtub, fridge was bigger than a mini one.
Parking right by your room
I suggest staying in the bottom floor if the 3 if you have kids.
Cons-
Breakfast was ok. They were out of milk for cereal and waffle batter. The breakfast room was dated but doable.
Room was on the smaller side, but we were rarely in it.
Bathroom is tiny.
Overall-
Pigeon Forge is obviously touristy, lots of people were Everywhere. This place wasn't too loud however, great location, family friendly, and the price was really good (check hotels.com for deals)
I recommend this place

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank drekel
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed for two nights and used two rooms. I do not understand all the negative reviews. I do not have one negative to say about the place. The rooms were great. The beds were perfect. Even the breakfast was good. Stay here you will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cyberqueen2b
Reviewed January 16, 2011

front desk personal hateful. shower water back up @ feet. no locks on inside door. scary when you think it's gunfire. (luckily it was firecrackers) did call 911, because it sound like gunfire.( but with no locks u would do the same).linens stain & dirty. rooms had blk mold. have pictures for utube/facebook., i want to rate it minus -5. room was so nasty and smelled. husband said will not stay another nite, after 2 of 5 nites when to super 8 right down street. would not advise anyone to stay there.......

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank clestes2003
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I have stayed at Pigeon Forge Inn several times, no roaches or any bugs as far as that goes, it has a microwave if you dont want donuts or coffee warm you something up..for a 2 night stay for under $100 what do you expect..
The mattresses are the first I have found that I have been able to sleep in while on vacation. I plan on using this motel again and again..
the only thing I can even say negative about Pigeon Forge Inn was that I didn't have internet service in my room but I took my computer to the front desk and the guy help me get on line there, I was just to far away from the router so they do need a stronger router but that is the only and I mean only thing I can say bad..the staff was super nice, the room was really nice. maybe we stayed on the new side of the motel as both time we were on the side next to the Little Dolly's shop and it did look new..we didn't use the pool so I can rate that. we don't drink coffee and don't eat donuts but that is about what you get at any of the hotels unless you pay $100 per night then you get a hot bar breakfast..we have had friends even meet us there this past time 3 other couples and they all were very pleased and tickled with their rooms and the price..so keep up the good work and don't pay any attention to those negative complaints..oh by the way..put a do not distrub sign on your room door and no one will bother you..and they didn't start cleaning our part of the hotel till 10:00 a.m....I know I would rather stay here than the Main Stay because I have stayed there and the Grand, and Smokey Shadows and another one that slips my mind at the moment and this by far the BEST.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank FairyGodMother1958
Reviewed December 23, 2010

We arrived in the middle of the night to find no one available to check us in. I called a number posted on the door and eventually a guy showed up in his pajamas to check me in. He handed me the room keys without checking for ID or asking for a signature.
We unloaded all of our belongings into room 119. The carpet felt grimy under our feet, the outside door had a huge gap when closed, the tv would only stay on for two minutes at a time, the bathtub/ shower was dirty with hair and stains, and there were two dead roaches floating in the toilet. Having travelled for eight hours in the bitter cold, we decided to bunker down with out two small children and ask for a room change in the morning.
I awoke the next morning to find a large roach crawling on the wall over our bed. My 5 year old son found more crawling in the bathroom and on the lamp of our room. There were several baby roaches in the fridge and I even had to knock them out of our suitcase. My children were afraid to use the toilet or bathtub so we had to skip their bathes. I had to wash my hair in the sink, only to find that the hair dryer didn't work. We immediately packed all of our belongings and headed to the lobby to check out. The same guy from the night before would not refund our money for the next two nights. He would only offer another room, which we kindly refused. ( I would have to assume that the roaches were in all of the rooms.) We headed to the Days Inn in Gatlinburg and were very satisfied there.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2010

First day was alright they woke us up around 8 knocking once and before we could respond they tried coming in. We had just came from a 12 hour trip the night before . After that the room service was hit and miss. The room cleaners had bad attitudes when dealing with them. The hotel itself was alright the restroom was not very clean and alarm clock did not work. If you want to take a DVDs player or anything the TV's were older and do not have RCA plugs. One day that we left our room, we left everything closed. When we came back our curtain was open and the bed was not made or trash taken out. Our last complaint was when we got home we realized that some of our stuff was missing. Though it was small and insignificant I DID not appreciate them going through our stuff.
If you do happen to stop by there try out the Broken Egg Cafe. It is a separate owner and great food.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple