“Stay was Ok”

Ranked #75 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was at the hotel for a conference in January 2014. The hotel main areas and convention areas were very nice and gave you a homey feel to want to sit and enjoy the space. However the business center is in need of some serious improvements. The equipment is out dated and the internet speed is very slow. I carried on a conversation each morning with the other person as we were waiting for the computers to boot up. The front desk staff was pleasant but did not go out of their way. The Sales department however was excellent. They handled my reservation from start to finish and I can not say enough about how professional they were. The Sales Manager was delightful and worked very hard to make sure every detail of the conference was taken care of. I really thought the venue was nice, staff good and food served with the group, very well done. My biggest complaint would be the guest room. It was like being in a different hotel. Very dated and old feeling. Cement floor showing by the heat unit, bathroom in need of repair, refrigerator ran with a horrid buzz sound at night, and the internet was not receivable. The outlets in the room were not adequate. I plugged in my cell phones in the bathroom at night.
I would say the stay was average and with as many hotels as there are in the area, The Holiday Inn should be putting in improvements and up grades to compete or plan to lower their rates.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnPF, Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Lisa B,
Thank you taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. We are ecstatic you had a great experience. I will share your comments regarding the needed updates in our business center, and our guest rooms with our management team. I have also shared your insight on our staff and sales team with our management team. I do hope you consider staying with us in the future while visiting Pigeon Forge TN.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel lobby is inviting. The guest service representative was "ok". She did not acknowledge the fact that I was an IHG/Priority Club member. Guess that didn't matter at this hotel. We did have a suite which was more than enough space for just my husband and I. However, the suite was close to the pool and right off the lobby. Therefore, it was pretty noisy. The room itself was nice, however, the bathroom was just ok. Some things that made it just ok were the very high tub sides (had to be careful getting in and out); the mold in the corners; and the door peeling.

Lastly, the clerk in the lobby decided to have the music blaring all night until I called and asked him to turn it down, which he did do - immediately. After I expressed my concerns upon checking out, they did offer to provide us breakfast on the hotel.

Will I stay at that particular location again, probably not? However, I am loyal to Holiday Inn properties.

Room Tip: Do not get the room right above the lobby or next to the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vetskidog

Dear Vetskidog,
Thank you taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We are sorry to hear your recent stay was not what you expected. Our team works very hard each day to ensure each and every guest leaves our property happy and planning to return. If you feel differently in any way, please contact a member of our management team at 865-428-2700 or email us at hi.pgftn@cooperhotels.com. We very much look forward to our next opportunity to serve you again so that we may prove how important you are to us as a guest as well as an IHG Rewards Member!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This Holiday Inn is in a great location in the heart of Pigeon Forge, only down fall to location is no light to pull out, and I can see how it would be hard to pull out in the heart of the busy season. The hotel staff was great, (Josh, Leann? or Leanna?), they both made me feel welcome and went out of there way to help with any questions I had. I was in Pigeon Forge for a convention and a snow storm came, most of the city was closed, including our evening event that was to be held off-site. The hotel staff scrambled to make sure everyone at this convention was fed that evening (350) people, the food truck was not able to make a delivery to the hotel due to the snow, but they made it happen. Cuddo's to everyone that helped pull off that last minute meal for all of us, the food was good and the waitresses were so nice, one I remember was so nice I think her name was Sherri? You all have a wonderful staff, and a beautiful hotel.

Dear srz4778,
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased that your stay with us was great. We take pride in making sure our guests feel appreciated and comfortable while they are staying with us. I will share your wonderful compliments regarding Josh and Leanne with them personally and with the Guest Service Manager. Thank you for commending our banquet/catering staff on the dinner we provided during that beautiful winter snow we got. Again I will share your compliments about Sheri with her and our Food & Beverage Director. We hope you will continue to choose us for your lodging needs the next time you visit Pigeon Forge TN.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I am just home from my 3 night stay at the Holiday Inn. The hotel was beautiful, rustic and was the perfect location for my visit. The hotel was easy to get to from the McGhee Tyson Airport - around 25 miles. Great location in Pigeon Forge near everything. Easy drive to Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains. Check in was smooth. The room was bigger than expected; clean and heater kept me nice and warm. Between the fresh mountain air and comfy bed I had no problem getting to sleep at night. The TV worked perfect. Internet was free and worked perfect. Parking ample and well lit. Met my every expectation and had all I needed. There is a restaurant on the property and indoor pool which I didn't use. I didn't really see that many hotel staff in-between my convention and exploring time. But the ones I did said hello and were friendly. I like that - just a simple hello makes me feel more at home. I was there on business but any free time I had I went out. The snow storm tried to keep me in but I was able to get out and shop a little. They did a good job on plowing the main road. I did not make it to Gatlinburg a second time since the roads were too bad due to the storm - only 8 miles away and I turned around after 6. I would go back in a second. Thank you for a job well done! I appreciated everything.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Administrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear WorryFreePhilly,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.We are always excited to hear how much our guests enjoy their time with us.The weather did slow things down considerably but we are happy to hear you didn't let it hold you back. We will share your your kind words with the rest of the team who will be very excited to hear it.Again,thank you for staying with us.It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to our next oppurtunity.
Sincerly,

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I know the price is pretty high, but I had a free night stay, and at least with it I can say that I was very satisfied. It is a very nice hotel and the room was wonderful as well. Pretty nice view of the parkway. Nice tv also. The bed was very large and comfortable. And you are in walking distance of several places. The staff was very nice, and the pool area was great. Just wish it was open later since we spent all day out and didn't get back until pretty late. I would stay here again if I had the budget, but I do recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Administrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Tiffany W,

Thank you for your feedback. Our team takes great pride in the service we provide and it's very rewarding to hear from our guests. We invite you to return the next time you visit Pigeon Forge so that we may have the opportunity to impress you once again!

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The room and the hotel was welcoming and warm. The room was beautiful and clean. It had a jacuzzi tub and a fireplace. The employees were really nice. My husband had proposed to me one of the days they were there and they put an "I love you balloon" and flowers in the room when we got back. It was awesome! The restaurant was good too (we only had breakfast).

Stayed: January 2014
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Administrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Michelle M,

We remember your trip very well! It's always a pleasure to be able to help our guests celebrate in any way we can. Congratulatioins again on your recent engagement, we wish you the very best! Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed it so much. Your compliments will be shared with the entire team who will be very proud to hear them. We look forward to serving you again the next time you visit Pigeon Forge.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I am unable to read in bed because the lamp was unplugged when I leaned back on the pillow! And, the outlet is behind the bed, which is immovable. Luckily, the first time this happened, I was able to squeeze my small hand in and manage to plug it back in. This time, forget it.

There seem to be two wall outlets in the room itself, both hard to reach, plus one on the desk lamp which will power the coffee pot and laptop, but not charge a phone or anything else. I got up in the middle of night to plug the phone in in the bathroom. I
know most people come here for a place to sleep while they enjoy the tourist stuff, but we are here for an event. Even if I were here to shop at the outlets, I would want to read in bed and charge my phone. Otherwise, the room is nice. Has microwave, fridge, coffee, etc. I see people say the rooms are small, but ours was large, with a king bed, large love seat, desk, credenza.... We stay in hotels in convenient areas in large cities, and this really is comparable or better.

Room Tip: Did not use spa or eat there. Room was large with good bed. Air conditioning was noisy room unit. H...

Dear Brenda S,
Thank you for your response.Feedback is very important to us as we value our guests' experience above nearly everything else. We have shared your comment regarding electrical outlets with our Management Team to oversee any resolution. We appreciate your compliments and it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed our property and our service. We deeply regret that you were unable to read in bed or conviently charge your devices and we want to remedy that as quickly as possible. In the future, please contact our manager on duty with any issues you may be having and it will be our pleasure to resolve them for you as quickly as possible.Thank you for your time, we look forward to our next oppurtunity to serve you.
Sincerly,