“Few electric outlets, old-fashioned heat/ air unit, free wi-fi with strong signal”

Ranked #75 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I am unable to read in bed because the lamp was unplugged when I leaned back on the pillow! And, the outlet is behind the bed, which is immovable. Luckily, the first time this happened, I was able to squeeze my small hand in and manage to plug it back in. This time, forget it.

There seem to be two wall outlets in the room itself, both hard to reach, plus one on the desk lamp which will power the coffee pot and laptop, but not charge a phone or anything else. I got up in the middle of night to plug the phone in in the bathroom. I
know most people come here for a place to sleep while they enjoy the tourist stuff, but we are here for an event. Even if I were here to shop at the outlets, I would want to read in bed and charge my phone. Otherwise, the room is nice. Has microwave, fridge, coffee, etc. I see people say the rooms are small, but ours was large, with a king bed, large love seat, desk, credenza.... We stay in hotels in convenient areas in large cities, and this really is comparable or better.

Room Tip: Did not use spa or eat there. Room was large with good bed. Air conditioning was noisy room unit. H...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Administrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Brenda S,
Thank you for your response.Feedback is very important to us as we value our guests' experience above nearly everything else. We have shared your comment regarding electrical outlets with our Management Team to oversee any resolution. We appreciate your compliments and it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed our property and our service. We deeply regret that you were unable to read in bed or conviently charge your devices and we want to remedy that as quickly as possible. In the future, please contact our manager on duty with any issues you may be having and it will be our pleasure to resolve them for you as quickly as possible.Thank you for your time, we look forward to our next oppurtunity to serve you.
Sincerly,
Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stay was OK, but cleaning could be better - hair in tub. Ice machines were very noisey on third floor but they have been each time we stayed there - good thing they were far from our room. Staff was great.

Room Tip: Choose room away from elevator/ice machine end of hall.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Admistrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear DHayesJr,
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us.We have shared the issues with our Management Team who will follow up to ensure they are handled appropriately. Thank you for your compliments, our team is always happy to hear that our guests enjoy our great service. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Pigeon Forge so that we may have the chance to serve you and show you how wonderful our property and our service truly is.
Sincerly,
Cazu247@Hotmail.com
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This place is centrally located for pigeon hole and not far from Gatlinburg. The hotel's lobby had a fire since it was during Christmas and it was cold. Leann a staff member is friendly and informative. The hotel has an in door swimming pool but it was full of little kids and their families. It has a small laundry area a small restaurant eating area. The rooms were big and the bed was comfortable. If you are looking for big frills this place is not for you. But if you are looking a reasonably place to stay it is well worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnPF, Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear cazu247,
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing an outstanding staff member when you see one. I have shared your comment about Leann with her and our guest service manager. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Pigeon Forge.

Thank you!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Here's my experience. I ended up with this hotel after booking through priceline for a 3 star hotel in PF over Thanksgiving. The price was reasonable for a 3 star hotel but this place is simple not even close to a 3 star. As we walked in the front door to check in, I said, "I bet since we got it through priceline, we'll be on the bottom floor with no view or right by the elevator." Sure enough, bottom floor by elevator. Luckily, we couldn't hear the elevator or outside noise at all. As several others mentioned, the rooms are smaller in size but that's no big deal to me. The bathroom was definitely small. It was hard to maneuver yourself in the bathroom and have enough space to close the door behind you. I'm a thin person and still had this issue. After finally falling asleep on the uncomfortable bed/pillows the first night, I woke up around 2am going into anaphylaxis shock. On a side note, I very rarely have issues breathing. After downing water and allergy medication like there was no tomorrow, I finally started breathing normal again and fell asleep. To sum it up, the room was filled with dust and probably mold, among no telling what else. There is no fan in the bathroom to help with mold. The wallpaper is peeling off the walls because of all the moisture. I dropped something behind the couch in the room and couldn't believe how much dust was covering the back of the couch and wall behind it. Absolutely disgusting. It was literally years worth of dust sitting back there. This place looks nice from outside but no way I would stay here again. The pool area, which most people comment on how nice it was, needs a major update as well. We reluctantly used the hot tub which we found was disgusting after we got in. There were little pieces of trash all in the bottom of the hot tub and tiles were all dirty and/or missing. Once again, no fans in here either and mold was all around us and on the rocks by the pool. The walls and roof were painted in a horrible orange color that was badly flaking. Because of the moisture, paint flakes several inches in size were hanging off the beams above and you could see all of the rust that they were covering up with the paint. As for the "game room," there were about a dozen machines from the 80's or 90's in there. I didn't play them but I saw a child trying to. I counted seven of those machines that had a big "out of order" sign on them. Not trying to bash priceline but I'm afraid to even use their site again for this area because I might end up at this place again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Kevin C,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed in this hotel during the Thanksgiving week. The rooms were functional but dated. The tub and bathroom needed some work. The hotel has a laundry area, but it looks pretty small considering the size of the hotel.

On the plus side, the location of the hotel is very convenient and is set sufficiently back from the parkway. There is ample parking.

The breakfast was not part of the room rent, however the kids’ breakfast was free in the restaurant. The staff at the restaurant was very pleasant and helpful.

The place had enough to keep the kids busy for a while, with a spacious lobby area, a pool and an arcade. The pool area was clean and inviting. The vending machines on all the floors were convenient too. Overall a very kid-friendly hotel located on the parkway.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nyusual
Dear nyusual,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate our guest’s feedback and are pleased your overall experience was a good one. Our hotel is very kid friendly and our “kids eat free” program in our dining room is one of the best deals in town. I have shared your comments with our maintenance department so they can resolve any issues with the tub and bathroom area. We hope you continue to choose Holiday Inn for your lodging needs.

Thank you!
West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I decided to stay at this Holiday Inn because I stayed at one before and was impressed. However, this hotel was unacceptable. To begin, the door lock had trouble reading the card, probably because it was so old and poorly maintained it couldn’t function properly. The flip lock for the door was being held on with screws that were so loose they gave no sense of security. The heater in the room was so loud we had to nearly max out the volume on the TV to not hear it. There were very large areas where the paint was chipped off and the room had the overall appearance it has been heavily used with little care given to the upkeep and not very clean. The bathroom was dirty. There was mildew on the wall, someone’s dried boogers on the shower curtain, and urine stains on the side of the toilet. The mattresses were also very uncomfortable as if they were decades old. This is a hotel that should charge $50.00 or under a night, not $100 plus. The front staff was very friendly during check in, but that was the only good part of our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Wayne M
HolidayInnPF, Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Wayne M,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge. Knowing how our guests feel is very important to us and it also helps prevent situations like this from occurring in the future. We are taking the appropriate steps to ensure the issues mentioned have been resolved. We are sorry you were not completely satisfied with your stay. In the future please notify our guests services team of any problems you may experience and we will do everything possible to resolve them quickly. If you wish to speak with a member of our management team, please do so by contacting us direct at 865-428-2700 or by email at hi.pgftn@cooperhotels.com.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed for one night when I attended a conference at the Pigeon Forge holiday Inn. The hotel is set back from the toad so it is very quiet. The rate was reasonable because of the conference. Any more would have been too much. My check in went smoothly but as I was checking in another clerk was checking someone else in. There was apparently a method of payment question and the clerk was rude and condescending. She needs a refresher in interpersonal and communication skills.

I didn't feel particularly safe in the hotel. The elevator location is before the desk and if the clerk was busy, I felt that anyone could access the guest floors.

The hotel was adequate, nothing special, nothing horrible. The rooms could use some sprucing up.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Yvette26
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Administrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Yvette26,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure, as it is each year, to host your conference and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations. I have passed your comments, concerning what you overheard, to the Guest Services Management Team for further review. It is always our highest priority to ensure each and every guest is treated like family and accommodated to the absolute best of our abililty. We are sorry if you feel this was not the case and we would like to assure you we will investigate the situation and take the appropriate action to correct or prevent this from occurring in the future.

Concerning security, we do have someone on site 24/7 monitoring the property to ensure the safety of our guests and their property. This is especially true at night. Guest security is paramount and Holiday Inn has several policies and procedures in place to safeguard that security.

We do hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future so that we may demonstrate what Holiday Inn Service truly represents. Please be safe in your travels and enjoy your holiday season.