“In the MIddle of a Complete Remodel”

Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #76 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed April 27, 2008

I booked our room very far in advance and read the reviews at the time of the booking. Unfortunately for us a major remodel commenced about two weeks before we arrived. This hotel is in complete remodel mode, complete with large dumpsters parked outside and ripped up parts of the hotel. You know the ad on TV where the couple finds themselves at a hotel with a jack hammer? This is it! Our room is ok, very worn out but ok. The price was so cheap I should have been alerted something was up -- so the upside is that we paid practically nothing for the room. This made our trip to Dollywood very, very affordable. If you are on a budget and plan to be at Dollywood all day then this hotel might be a good value. But if you are expecting one of the nice new Holiday Inns (we have stayed in some good Holiday Inns all over America) then back off from reserving a room here. Also, I cannot imagine this place is ever going to look really sharp even with this remodel. The building is essentially worn out and new carpet and a little paint isn't going to fix that.

Stayed: April 2008

Reviewed February 17, 2008

My church did a couples retreat for the weekend and so we came down excited! I had read "decent" reviews about this hotels but this was far below my expectations. There is some remodeling going on but this hotel has that "cheap" feel to it. The carpet was extremely dirty and looked water damage in the halls and in the room. The whole hotel had a smell to it and wall paper seemed to be peeling off everywhere. The Beds were as hard as rock and the exhaust in the bathroom didn't work. On top of that the air conditioning only worked 1/2 the time. The cost was not bad at 70.00 a night but I can go much nicer hotels in the pigeon forge area for less. I went here for a retreat but I will not be back under any circumstances. I'm not that picky but this hotel was nasty. Look Elsewhere for a good time in the mountians.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrandonHeel23
Reviewed February 16, 2008

My wife and I have stayed in the hotel on 3 different occasions. Every time the rooms have been clean, staff went above and beyond. Two of the times has been with our Annual Church Marriage Retreat. We come in on Friday and check out Sunday afternoon. The conference room has always been great. The inhouse resturant had good food for a hotel. LOL The breakfast buffet has a plenty of choices. This year we had 37 couples. I have not heard any complaints.
The indoor pool and whirlpool has been very nice also.

They are under construction this year. Building a new conference center which this town does need.

Two thumbs up.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed October 8, 2007

My girlfriend and myself stayed in a King room on the top floor. When we arrived they did put us in the wrong room, double beds, but they were happy to get us into the right room. We loved the POOL. Its so warm. The waterfall is a cool feature in the pool as well. Its located really close to Dollywood and everthing else in the area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jerryfarley
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We had to stay in a smoking room due to the fact that no other rooms were available, a few bottles of Febreez fixed that, we were notified at the time we made the reservation. What I wasn’t aware of was apparently it was also a pet friendly room….this we found out only due to the fact that there was a dog chew bone under the chair when I moved it to put a rollaway bed up. The smoking room I could handle but the fact that I was walking barefoot (before we found the bone) on this carpet turned my stomach because I could only imagine little puddles of dog urine here and there that I didn’t know about. I do love animals, but I should have been told that pets were allowed in this room, I would have asked for another. Something about pets and the germs left behind on carpet doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t want to walk barefoot on the carpet, put my pocket book down on the floor or even my luggage. They should announce that with the smoking/nonsmoking room preference. I also did not have a bath tub because it was a handicapped room, and there were hairs in the floor on the tile. There are times when you need to take a bath…like when your hair is in rollers or you just need to wash off without messing up your hair. Other than that the kids at check in were nice and helpful….although I believe they all had blonde roots that we just couldn’t see. I would probably not stay here again unless I could be sure I didn’t have a pet friendly room. Again, I love pets…it’s just that urine in the carpet I just can’t handle….even if it is dry..

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Lowerysgirl
Reviewed June 23, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week. It is back off of the main road and quiet. All of the staff were very pleasant and friendly. The rooms were clean, but could use a little redecorating. The price was very reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank qtpye1040
Reviewed June 11, 2007

The hotel is definitely showing its age. Our tub had some chips and marks in it. Room was ok, pretty much clean. The pool is indoor and heated, but the problem is that it is way too small for a hotel of that size. When you try to go swim it is like playing bumper cars because there are so many guests cramped into it.
Staff was friendly, and helpful. Rates were just a bit high. I would probably stay somewhere else next time. I think you could get a better rate and a little nicer room if you shopped around the pigeon forge strip.
Also do not eat at the restaraunt, they had the worst food we had our whole vacation. It was terrible.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family